Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Galactic Starfighter....suggestions to give it wider appeal, short and long term

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Galactic Starfighter....suggestions to give it wider appeal, short and long term

SammyGStatus's Avatar


SammyGStatus
07.19.2014 , 07:38 AM | #221
The cooldown for all missiles should be the same, but a shorter lock on would be okay if the cool downs were all equal. A good FF on a T1 GS has the GS down, plain and simple. Unless you have support, you're going to lose that battle.

Remember though, team game, so in the interest of giving it a wider appeal, I'd say encourage more communication among your teammates. Instead of crying for nerfs or pleading for buffs, I think that if people took what was currently in the meta and utilized some decent strategy and communication coupled with sound theory to back up decisions.
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess / Status

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
08.06.2014 , 05:52 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyGStatus View Post
The cooldown for all missiles should be the same, but a shorter lock on would be okay if the cool downs were all equal. A good FF on a T1 GS has the GS down, plain and simple. Unless you have support, you're going to lose that battle.

Remember though, team game, so in the interest of giving it a wider appeal, I'd say encourage more communication among your teammates. Instead of crying for nerfs or pleading for buffs, I think that if people took what was currently in the meta and utilized some decent strategy and communication coupled with sound theory to back up decisions.
Do you believe a built in voice client would be helpful?

BlackEyeArtistry's Avatar


BlackEyeArtistry
08.10.2014 , 06:15 PM | #223
I have played this only a few times and to be honest I never get to see the targets I fighting against. I dont know, I just dont find it very engaging, I fly around and get killed by stuff I dont even see.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
08.11.2014 , 03:02 PM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackEyeArtistry View Post
I have played this only a few times and to be honest I never get to see the targets I fighting against. I dont know, I just dont find it very engaging, I fly around and get killed by stuff I dont even see.
One thing about this kind of feature is that you will find it difficult sometimes to zero in on engaged hostiles. It is difficult for a game to represent 3d space properly in a game, therefore to properly display this target in a radar can be challenging.

DentMasterson's Avatar


DentMasterson
10.12.2014 , 09:18 PM | #225
The starfighter part of the game was like SWG's Jump to Lightspeed expansion, it would be 100% better. I just do not find this engaging. It needs story and missions, which means developers need to stop being lazy and program some NPC AIs. Give us a story to go along with it.
8[▀|=====|▀[*]▀|{██████████████████)

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
10.13.2014 , 05:23 AM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by DentMasterson View Post
The starfighter part of the game was like SWG's Jump to Lightspeed expansion, it would be 100% better. I just do not find this engaging. It needs story and missions, which means developers need to stop being lazy and program some NPC AIs. Give us a story to go along with it.
I am surprised to see this revived. The lack of PVE in the feature is a common complaint.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
11.27.2014 , 09:43 AM | #227
I have been told that Bioware has publicly stated that they are disappointed with the performance of GSF in the game as far as appeal to the wider playerbase. Something to do with why there are no GSF updates coming for 3.0.

However, I can not seem to find this comment anywhere.

If anyone is aware of where this comment could be I would appreciate a link.

Verain's Avatar


Verain
11.27.2014 , 02:34 PM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I have been told that Bioware has publicly stated

OH, oh, lemme try passive voice with weasel words too!

"It is thought in several circles that those who don't provide links to claimed sources are full of crap."

If we had that, there would at least be a thread discussing it. If you were "told", that means "by a person". Contact that person and ask THEM for a source, right?


Even if that were true (and it could well be), I doubt they would go on record with that kind of statement.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
11.27.2014 , 08:52 PM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
OH, oh, lemme try passive voice with weasel words too!

"It is thought in several circles that those who don't provide links to claimed sources are full of crap."

If we had that, there would at least be a thread discussing it. If you were "told", that means "by a person". Contact that person and ask THEM for a source, right?


Even if that were true (and it could well be), I doubt they would go on record with that kind of statement.
Well, if I didn't post the question here how could I get my fill of your witty repartee Verain?

You are so clever after all....

Mallorik's Avatar


Mallorik
11.28.2014 , 03:12 PM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I am surprised to see this revived. The lack of PVE in the feature is a common complaint.
I would play GSF if it had pve missions, even with the short bus follow the target with your cursor mouse controls.

I pvp'd like crazy when this game came out but without half way realistic flight controls it became really boring, some story driven pve might be enough to distract from them.