Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzones need work

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Warzones need work

SurfingDoc
12.25.2011 , 10:43 PM | #1
Before people start bashing, I really do like this game. I'm also new to MMOs and likewise I am probably not very good at PVP, but the discrepancy in wins between teams in PVP is really just "un-fun" (for lack of a better term).

Maybe it's the server I'm on, maybe it's me, but I have palyed in about 30+ PVP matches and never seen the Repbulic team win. The last match had ~200 kills (imperial) to ~50 kills (repbulic). The only reason I bring this up is because for me, once the class story is done, the PVP is really is what is going to have me coming back and paying for my subscription. However, in it's current state, a newbie like me is not going to keep paying for something when I perceive it (maybe worngly) to be so unbalanced. I mean, no one is going to pay for service if they always lose.

I really don't have a lot of suggestions. I have heard people say level specific PVP warzones, which I think it a good idea. I also think class specific PVP warzones, might help because as a trooper (ranged and healer) I can't really compete in melee DPS warzones (but I want to be able to play). Anyway, I really enjoy this game, so I how they can do something to the Warzones to make them more enjoyable for everyone...

Oh... and add Paazak!
Old Republic Dads - www.oldrepublicdads.com

Aghar
12.25.2011 , 10:47 PM | #2
in response, not bashing, the system they have now is just about perfect, your just getting teamed up with people who want to kill, not push objectives. If you get a good team, and work with them you will do fine. They need to, and will add a 50 bracket when the population can support it though.

however one thing I agree with emphaticly is BRING IN PAZZAK!!!!

Red_Cruiser
12.25.2011 , 11:02 PM | #3
Two faction PvP fails again... nothing unexpected there.

Crayo
12.25.2011 , 11:03 PM | #4
I enjoy the game too, but I was kinda dissapointed on how PvP worked. I understand I play pugs and am optimistic that Warzones will be more enjoyable with an organised group. The concept of the Warzones are cool, but I just can't seem to enjoy them as they feel like a complete cluster-****. I also dislike the resolve system how it currently works, I think that needs a lot more attention too. PvE side is exceptional, if only they could match it with their PvP side then I'd be extremely happy.