Events' Notices

Kcin_Trebla

Now here... "Huston we have a problem!"

It's not the first time I notice that Events are not really announced as they should be, in my opinion.

The fact that, while I'm writing right now, this same site tells about an Event closed more then 10 days ago while another one is running is an example of what I mean.

Another thing to tell is that the majority of the Events are open to a wide level-range and people questing away from Fleet won't have any voice about any Event opening/running/closing if they don't go back on Fleet on their own initiative or if someone in Guild or at the same location won't start yelling about it in chat.

So... here comes my proposal:

please add a (-!-) link on the upper in-game menu (yes, the same having your char-sheet, inv-sheet, skill-tree, mission-log, etc ... cartel-market link) that opens an "Event-Sheet/Window" telling what is going on at the moment and what is planned for the next future.

Example:

- now running: Bounty Hunter Event. 07/22-07/29/2014 - lvl.15/55 - contact in Fleet.

- next coming: Gree Event. 08/01-08/03/2014 - lvl. 50/55 - contact in Fleet OR on Ilum directly.

Another Example:

- now running: none.

- next coming: Banging of plastic Lightsabres on Mikey Mouse head Event. 08/14-08/16/2014 - lvl. 1/55 - your starting world.

... and so on.

I know that this thing is simple enough to add and even more easy to update as it needs just 1 person to type 2 lines in about 15 secs.

So please consider it as it will keep every player informed about Events anywhere and at any time.

ThankYou for Your time in reading this.

May the Force... you know the rest! :p

Edited by Kcin_Trebla

Something in game would be helpful.

However for every event except the Rakghoul event they always give us notice that it is coming.

The Rakgoul event is unique since for story reasons every time it is over with the plague has "been wiped from the galaxy"

So keeping with the story it is always meant to be a surprise event.

The Rakgoul event is unique since for story reasons every time it is over with the plague has "been wiped from the galaxy"

So keeping with the story it is always meant to be a surprise event.

Allrighty.

So for this one just don't mention it in "- next coming" but won't see a reason not having it in "- now running" once started ...

:p

• 2 weeks later...

Now I dare to recall this discussion again.

I know it's August but... we have again another event running with the site reporting Always the same 20+ days ended event and nothing more telling that another Event is running but the Patch Notes (I feel in the state to add a "lol" to this hoping noone will be offended about that) and the same Event-related NPCs poppin' out in the Fleet with no previous notices.

I have to admit that I choose to close my Fb and Twitter accounts due to complete inactivity in both "social networks" and sickness in keeping receiving futile/spam e-mails from both and/or their relatives, so I actually have no idea if TOR notifies something about events there.

Anyway, again, I point out that something in-game should be done about Events' Notifications. Read above for suggestions.

Again thankYou for your attention.

:p

Edited by Kcin_Trebla

Something in our mailbox could resolve this issue. "Holy ****, the rakghouls are back, take this vaccine and head to <insert planet>".

I really like the mailbox idea. When they have a planned event that they announce beforehand, you don't really need to be notified in-game. But for surprise ones like the Rakghoul event (and any others they may come up with) a simple letter warning you to travel to the fleet for immediate debriefing on the such-and-such happening that just occurred would keep a lot of one-track-mind players from missing events just because they don't go to the fleet.