Seeker droid positioning/where to go next.

LordHartigan

Trying to work on a bunch of the seeker droid stuff....wondering if anyone knows when you droid is done drilling and you get the circle around you telling you which way to drill next, is it relative to where you're standing or where the droid just dug?

Short answer, I think where you are standing. I will send it, and after getting a green indicator, move straight ahead to the edge of the previous scan area. Then I send it as close in front of me as possible. Then next green indicator usually helps to cut down on having to do a grid search, but as I'm sure others have experienced, sometimes it goes red for no reason. Good times.

The position is relative to where you are standing, I believe. So a good idea is to use the droid, run into middle of the search area, and get a position from there.

Also, if you are doing it from digging trasures (not seeds), use the enhancers from GSI

It's where you're standing, the problem is that it seems to take the Z axis into the match, so if it's a lot higher or lower than you are it'll point the wrong way. Unless they improved that recently.

Also, if you are doing it from digging trasures (not seeds), use the enhancers from GSI

Better yet, if you have a toon with cybertech, get the schematic from the GSI vendor on Nar Shaddaa en craft them yourself... same mats as for a blue rank 28 mod

Thanks. I'm working on the seed and forager armor sets. How do you know when you should move on to the next dig site? For example, if a get a purple crate that does not contain the armor, does that mean I should move to the dig site?

It will tell you in big red letters and in the chat when a dig site is depleted / your seeker droid does not detect anything there anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

As a test, I stood in the same spot and deployed my seeker droid in the same exact location numerous times.

I got a different directional marker each and every time.

It's random folks. Your seeker droid is not much more than an unfairly rigged arcade claw machine.

No skill required.

Edited by Koozebane

As a test, I stood in the same spot and deployed my seeker droid in the same exact location numerous times.

It's random folks. Your seeker droid is not much more than an unfairly rigged arcade claw machine.

No skill required.

Did the Directional Markers overlap at all? The overlap is the direction the item is in (unless it happens to be above / below you, then it is totally random.)

No overlap. The green indicator was all over the entire scan circumference.

My technique is usually to deploy the droid aligned directly in front of me and move my toon's position as indicated by the scan marker. After being wandered around endlessly on some small, forsaken patch of alien soil, I decided to do an accuracy test using a small bit of ground texture as reference and hitting it precisely with the yellow arrow marker in the center of the big green AOE pattern.

The results were wildly different directional clues in a completely random pattern.

I've tried both using the dig spot as the reference point and my toon's position. I've tried digging in a tight grid pattern in a very specific, visually mapped area.

Anyone who finds the idea of randomness hard to believe, simply try digging in the same exact spot more than a few times and see what happens.

I've tried both using the dig spot as the reference point and my toon's position. I've tried digging in a tight grid pattern in a very specific, visually mapped area.

Anyone who finds the idea of randomness hard to believe, simply try digging in the same exact spot more than a few times and see what happens.

Weird... I've been digging since they added it to the game, and it nearly always points in consistent directions for me. And the accuracy of where it points is consistent as well - to the point of only ever needing to dig 1-2 times after getting any degree of green indicator because I can tell what direction and distance it is telling me something is. If I stand in the same place it'll point in the same direction. If it seems to be moving, it's always a burrowed creature...

But hey I only dig every day (great way to get medical grade injectors), so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

My technique is usually to deploy the droid aligned directly in front of me and move my toon's position as indicated by the scan marker. After being wandered around endlessly on some small, forsaken patch of alien soil, I decided to do an accuracy test using a small bit of ground texture as reference and hitting it precisely with the yellow arrow marker in the center of the big green AOE pattern.

The results were wildly different directional clues in a completely random pattern.

Its a 180 degree area within which the direction of what you're searching for is. The dead center is unlikely to be the direction in which you need to look. You can still perform rough triangulations pretty easily with it.

Might have been that you were somewhat near 2 dig spots and it was alternating point to each.

I had that once. Finally figured it out when I found one item, place the seeker droid at almost the same location, and had it point to another location.

I'm not trying to dis anyone's experience or skills, I'm merely relaying my own personal experience, today.

I'd already found a couple minor goodies in an area while out doing [DAILY] Toborro’s Best. There could have been a few more in the area. Eventually, I purposely let my drone boost buff expire hoping to focus my search more, just in case i was getting readings for more than one item.

All I can say is I wasted a whole lot of time getting lead around in random directions. That's why i finally stopped and tried scanning in one spot for a while.

If you're not using the Mark-II Enhancers you're just causing yourself a whole lot of headaches. It can still be a little wonky, but it's much more accurate, and when you get close enough it will point to exactly where you need to deploy to get the item. Going without the Enhancers or even with the Mark-I is just a pita.

No skill required.

Burowed creatures move around.....

Wow, you guys really have no idea ? :o

Hope this helps.

When you deploy your droid, you should be using the GSI Mark II (The blue quality one) buff at all times. With this equipped, the green marker half-circle will change size depending on how close you are to the digsite. Bigger = further away, very small = the item is a MAXIMUM of 4-5 meters away (which is the entire radius of the droid-deployment circle.) It will also show direction much better.

Close to half circle green marker = around 15-30 meters away.

Half that size = 15-20m.

Smallest = 1-5m.

Some tips/observations from a person with the "X Marks the Spot" Achievement:

- Use the GSI Mark II Enhancer at all times. Without it, the triangulation is very inaccurate, with only a rough direction hint and no distance hint

- The triangulation is relative to your position, not the position of the seeker droid

- Special Treasures and "interesting" finds (Dreadseed/Star Forager Armor, Titles) do not move. Burrowed creatures and minor finds (Seeker Droid Boosts, Reputation items, Crates ...) do move - that's why you can sometimes get different triangulations from the same position even with Mark II

- Treasures can overlap. If you want to be sure you won't miss anything, remember the spot where you first get some green indicator, and return to that spot again once you dig out whatever the indicator lead to

- There seems to be no "priority" to the green indicator in case of overlapping. You may start at point A, chase a Reputation item 40 meters away from it, then return to point A and locate the Special Treasure 5 meters next to it. Combined with the previous point, this sadly means that you have to chase any green indicator (even when you know it's minor find/creature) just to get "rid of the interference"

- If the indicator flips 180 degrees every few steps, the target is straight up or down on Z axis. Example: The Sandcrawlers in the Dune Sea digging area

- The Secret Treasure location doesn't seem to be completely random, but instead always in certain areas/spots. If you find the Secret Treasure somewhere, remember the position and start there the next time. Eventually, you should be able to narrow down the "Secret Treasure spawn points" in any of the areas

- There are no burrowed creatures in Outlaw's Den, so if you aren't afraid of the PVP flag, it's the most comfortable area to dig in

Wow, you guys really have no idea ? :o

Hope this helps.

When you deploy your droid, you should be using the GSI Mark II (The blue quality one) buff at all times. With this equipped, the green marker half-circle will change size depending on how close you are to the digsite. Bigger = further away, very small = the item is a MAXIMUM of 4-5 meters away (which is the entire radius of the droid-deployment circle.) It will also show direction much better.

Close to half circle green marker = around 15-30 meters away.

Half that size = 15-20m.

Smallest = 1-5m.

That was not the question, we all know that ;-)

The question was if the pulse starts at the digsite or at the place where you stand. If it starts where you stand, when does the pulse calculate itself, when it digs or when it visually starts.

Its a 180 degree area within which the direction of what you're searching for is. The dead center is unlikely to be the direction in which you need to look. You can still perform rough triangulations pretty easily with it.

This I had not actually considered but makes complate sense and would explain a lot. thanks

Edited by LordHartigan
addition

Was wondering so done some testing with the quest you have to did eggs on Tatooine.

The good thing is you can actually see the eggs on the surface of the sand.

So position yourself close to the droid then position yourself so the eggs are between you and the droid.

It will show you the egg position changes is based on your positioning.

And without buff the direction isn't the strait center of the arc.

Edited by Deewe

Was wondering so done some testing with the quest you have to did eggs on Tatooine.

The good thing is you can actually see the eggs on the surface of the sand.

So position yourself close to the droid then position yourself so the eggs are between you and the droid.

It will show you the egg position changes is based on your positioning.

And without buff the direction isn't the strait center of the arc.

The quests always have visual indicators, we are talking about the actual crosscountry-digsites ;-)