Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Variety of Capitol Ships to pick from...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Variety of Capitol Ships to pick from...

ImmortalLowlife
08.04.2014 , 05:30 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by oneirophrenia View Post
i demand the death star which will cost 10 billion credits or 100,000 ccs to unlock.
what he said!

Roflmao
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Zoom_VI
08.04.2014 , 05:42 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by OrionSol View Post
Would be cool if there were small Destroyer sized ships you could get, and then larger Battleships and then huge carrier style, take your person starships off from Capital ships.

Anyhow, hope we get variety
In the star wars universe, "Destroyer" is usually the largest of warships. (I honestly have not seen the term "battleship" used in the SW universe.) Smaller warships are generally called Frigates or Corvettes, basically SW uses the old sailing ship terminology rather than modern day terminology.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Jrr_hypernova
08.04.2014 , 05:53 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
In the star wars universe, "Destroyer" is usually the largest of warships. (I honestly have not seen the term "battleship" used in the SW universe.) Smaller warships are generally called Frigates or Corvettes, basically SW uses the old sailing ship terminology rather than modern day terminology.
a dreadnaught is a battle ship but i have no idea how they figured crusier=massive flag ship. and if they use old sailing terminolgy than where's my ship of the line? and why do we have dreadnaughts when the whole dreadnaught class battle ship came from a revilutionary and very not wind powered english war ship? face it star wars ship classifications make no sense when compared to any real life ones.

Zoom_VI
08.04.2014 , 07:27 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jrr_hypernova View Post
a dreadnaught is a battle ship but i have no idea how they figured crusier=massive flag ship. and if they use old sailing terminolgy than where's my ship of the line? and why do we have dreadnaughts when the whole dreadnaught class battle ship came from a revilutionary and very not wind powered english war ship? face it star wars ship classifications make no sense when compared to any real life ones.
To be fair, the star wars universe tends to randomly pick terms from all over, most of them seem to the old sailing terms but not all.
Also Dreadnought, is actually a turn of century warship, kind of at the midpoint transition from ships have lots of cannons in the side to sets of turrets with heavy caliber guns. It doesn't really fall into the sailing ship terminology nor does it fall into the modern terminology. However Dreadnought is a term that is used liberally in science-fiction and is likely how it wound up in SW.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

AshlaBoga
08.04.2014 , 07:53 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by OrionSol View Post
Will there be a few options of different kinds of Capitol Ships to pick from? Or just one for each side?
Do you mean shaped like the Capitol building? Or do you mean shaped liked Capitol Hiill? Or is there another Capitol that I'm not aware of?
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!