Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need = BoP || Greed = BoL

sethdil
08.02.2014 , 09:39 AM | #31
Forget any changes, forget MMO etiquette because people will always need on items they do not need regardless of the system you put into place. It is human nature to WANT and want and WANT and want. Give this nature they will roll need regardless of their actual need.

The only solution is human intervention, by setting master looter and having them inspect each person before allowing need on an item. But wait I know this so bring a junk gear item with sub part mods so there I just broke that system as well.

Point being there will always be loot who&&s who will need regardless of actual need. If you can not accept this then there is no MMO that is suitable for you. I remember the days of EQ and loot distribution and no matter the system there is ways to break or work around it. Even if you BOP peeps will still need to gear their companions and then still need just out of habit and turn the item in and sell it for credits.

Deewe
08.02.2014 , 10:45 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by sethdil View Post
Forget any changes, forget MMO etiquette because people will always need on items they do not need regardless of the system you put into place. It is human nature to WANT and want and WANT and want. Give this nature they will roll need regardless of their actual need.

The only solution is human intervention, by setting master looter and having them inspect each person before allowing need on an item. But wait I know this so bring a junk gear item with sub part mods so there I just broke that system as well.

Point being there will always be loot who&&s who will need regardless of actual need. If you can not accept this then there is no MMO that is suitable for you. I remember the days of EQ and loot distribution and no matter the system there is ways to break or work around it. Even if you BOP peeps will still need to gear their companions and then still need just out of habit and turn the item in and sell it for credits.
Well then let them need an item and be stuck with them, being not able to put them on anything else than the character they looted it with, not even companions not even removing mods not even being able to sell them either.

The worst solution is human intervention.
I saw so many guilds and virtual friendships ruined in the past with loot distribution. And human intervention does not work at all in PUGS.

The best solution is somehow the DDO system, chests handle one item per character.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Dracorya
08.02.2014 , 01:17 PM | #33
I KIND of wished they had the option like they do for LFR in WoW, where every player has only their own roll to beat to get loot.

Even if they don't get gear, maybe some credits or something instead would suffice.

Course the only problem I see with this system is that all the gear would only pertain to the character you are rolling on, unless they allow you to mail BoP items...

Reno_Tarshil
08.02.2014 , 01:31 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Short version: make items how it binds be determined on how it was rolled on.

Long version:
  • Need = BoP that you can only use on your character
    • Can't use it on companions
    • Can't use it on alts
    • Can't remove mods or eventually can only move them to the same character.
    • Can't sell it
  • Greed = BoL

An option is to make BoL, once used, stuck to the character and its alts it has been used on.
Long term, there could be in game systems to unbind gear to allow one transfer between alts.

What you think?
No thanks. Considering we can put BOP gear on companions this would mess up a lot of players.

What you should be asking for is a BOL Conversion kit. No need to mess with the current system and potentially cause breaking bugs.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Deewe
08.02.2014 , 01:36 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
I KIND of wished they had the option like they do for LFR in WoW, where every player has only their own roll to beat to get loot.

Even if they don't get gear, maybe some credits or something instead would suffice.

Course the only problem I see with this system is that all the gear would only pertain to the character you are rolling on, unless they allow you to mail BoP items...
And that's the point: the loot goes in priority to the character you are playing.

Now not only you can agree with the players you are grouped with to /pass on a specific item you are /Greed on.
Then all /Greed items are still tradeable between group members for a short time after being looted.
-----

Kheld
08.02.2014 , 10:36 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Poppy_ View Post
If the person has a dread master token head (186) and rolls need on an underworld head to give it to one of their other characters then there is nothing wrong with that.
I'm sorry there's PLENTY wrong with that. Its greed pure & simple.

I was in a Ops the other night where someone was doing that, he won a couple of pieces, while im running around in 156's.

There are words for people like that. Lootwhores, or more simply, scum.
The Force will be with you, always.

sethdil
08.04.2014 , 11:48 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Kheld View Post
I'm sorry there's PLENTY wrong with that. Its greed pure & simple.

I was in a Ops the other night where someone was doing that, he won a couple of pieces, while im running around in 156's.

There are words for people like that. Lootwhores, or more simply, scum.
I agree, sick and tired of lootwhores..but in respect all this does is turn me into one as well. I now roll need on everything cause if you can't beat them join them.

i'd rather be part of the problem than be the dude who sits out in the cold on principle. So here's to chronic need key.

Drockter
08.04.2014 , 01:36 PM | #38
Need should = BoP (or it should), Simply bound... anything extracted from the "needed" item, is also bound. Anything a bound item is placed in also becomes bound. No transfers, no mailing... simply bound to that character. Vendor sale = 0.

Greed should = Bind on Equip. Items can be sold/transferred/traded or given away to passerby's that you like.

To the question; would you rather I brought my X instead of my geared Y... Yes.

Tsillah
08.04.2014 , 01:50 PM | #39
I think we just should get rid of Need altogether. Everybody plays, everybody rolls. Guilds can help each other gear up by passing if they want to, pugs are just random gear runs. Lower levels of gear should allow set bonuses armorings to be bought with comms separately at a relatively high cost in commendations.
The general forum, where small voices become big and small numbers become majorities

Deewe
08.04.2014 , 06:27 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Drockter View Post
Need should = BoP (or it should), Simply bound... anything extracted from the "needed" item, is also bound. Anything a bound item is placed in also becomes bound. No transfers, no mailing... simply bound to that character. Vendor sale = 0.

Greed should = Bind on Equip. Items can be sold/transferred/traded or given away to passerby's that you like.

To the question; would you rather I brought my X instead of my geared Y... Yes.
Not sure for the vendor sale but I can understand to make the need button a real Need though.

And well your answer is indeed hidden in the topic
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I think we just should get rid of Need altogether. Everybody plays, everybody rolls. Guilds can help each other gear up by passing if they want to, pugs are just random gear runs. Lower levels of gear should allow set bonuses armorings to be bought with comms separately at a relatively high cost in commendations.
Design wise there's an issue with that as it would allow more easily to totally gear a character without it ever needing to have any challenge in game. Be it for PvE or PvP game play.

In a way it would ruin people experience as making the leveling path way too easy.
-----