Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Thana Vesh as a companion


Aebrynis's Avatar


Aebrynis
08.04.2014 , 07:17 AM | #391
Quote: Originally Posted by Lorica View Post
/signed

She would be great to break in more ways then one, mold into an apprentice, and maybe even a love interest. I love her passion ... ;-)

Sith Inquisitor companion? No they just need to make Ashara more malleable to the Dark side or make Jaesa the Inquisitor's companion. Thana is definitely Sith Warrior companion material, she has way too much spirit for the Inquisitor to truly handle.
I must emphatically disagree, good sir. There is no one alive, nor will there ever be, with more experience and skill at handling such things as the SI (and you have obviously played one, so you know to what I refer to).

Make Jaesa the SI companion? I'd go along with this, but EAWare never will. And Ashara is just a really poorly thought out companion concept (thus the lack of same-gender romance didn't bother me as much as it might - Ashara is a completely annoying, teeth-grinding personage).

Introducing Thana Vesh as a SI companion is most certainly the best option I can think of, as the SW already has two female options, and the SI effectively has none (for either gender - Andronikos is also poorly conceived as a romance option). Please don't misunderstand - I know better than to think that EAWare is going to give the SI any decent romance options. But Thana Vesh could be a superb choice for such - and should have been.

Lorica's Avatar


Lorica
08.04.2014 , 09:33 AM | #392
Ok, both can handle Thana equally well. And if EA is not going to give Jaesa to the SI, then yes, Thana should go to the SI.

Jrr_hypernova's Avatar


Jrr_hypernova
08.04.2014 , 11:57 AM | #393
thana vesh is the only character in the star wars universe more anoying that jar jar the only peorsons compaions she should be is the reapers well he drags her stupid anoying incompeted *** down to whatever passes for hell in star wars.

Aebrynis's Avatar


Aebrynis
08.04.2014 , 12:20 PM | #394
Quote: Originally Posted by Jrr_hypernova View Post
thana vesh is the only character in the star wars universe more anoying that jar jar the only peorsons compaions she should be is the reapers well he drags her stupid anoying incompeted *** down to whatever passes for hell in star wars.
You, kind sir, do not seem to have played a Sith Inquisitor, else you would not make such a claim. At the risk of starting a debate I cannot hope to win, I will say only this: I would have preferred a Jar Jar Binks type to the idiotic duo of totally un-romanceable dunderheads the Inquisitor is stuck with. And a Thana Vesh would have been better still, for at least she is something the other choices aren't - a Sith with, at the very least, a rudimentary understanding of what it is to be Sith, as well as a (for lack of a better description) combative sensuality about her.

As I've said before, I know better than to think EAWare is going to give us what we're asking for. But to quote the immortal Mr. Carlin, "I can dream, can't I?"

Jrr_hypernova's Avatar


Jrr_hypernova
08.04.2014 , 12:22 PM | #395
ashara is a nice counterpoint to the sith and andronakis is a bad as GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR!

ImmortalLowlife's Avatar


ImmortalLowlife
08.04.2014 , 12:37 PM | #396
Quote: Originally Posted by Jrr_hypernova View Post
ashara is a nice counterpoint to the sith and andronakis is a bad as GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR!
My SI could find no greater joy than tying both of them to the bottom of his ship, and doing donuts inside an active volcano. I unlocked HK for my inquisitors just so I wouldn't have to deal with them ever again......
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

Jrr_hypernova's Avatar


Jrr_hypernova
08.04.2014 , 12:47 PM | #397
I SAID GOOD DAY!
Spoiler

Lorica's Avatar


Lorica
08.04.2014 , 02:10 PM | #398
Quote: Originally Posted by Jrr_hypernova View Post
thana vesh is the only character in the star wars universe more anoying that jar jar the only peorsons compaions she should be is the reapers well he drags her stupid anoying incompeted *** down to whatever passes for hell in star wars.
Thana more annoying than Jar Jar?! Cough, not! I can handle Thana and I would fry Jar Jar with force lightning or choke.

Callaron's Avatar


Callaron
08.04.2014 , 02:43 PM | #399
Thana's probably among the most popular non-companion NPCs in the game.
Heck, she's even got an outfit named for her. (probably much to the chagrin of that dead Sith guy who wore it first on the Esseles )
Some people love her, others despise her. Either way she became a memorable character on SWTOR. Kinda like Dragon Age's Cullen reached a huge popularity among some of the game's fans.

Since Dragon Age Inquisition is pleasing those fans by making him a major character in the game, I wonder if SWTOR's devs will also eventually give in to "fan service" and make Thana a companion
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Jrr_hypernova's Avatar


Jrr_hypernova
08.04.2014 , 04:39 PM | #400
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
Thana's probably among the most popular non-companion NPCs in the game.
Heck, she's even got an outfit named for her. (probably much to the chagrin of that dead Sith guy who wore it first on the Esseles )
Some people love her, others despise her. Either way she became a memorable character on SWTOR. Kinda like Dragon Age's Cullen reached a huge popularity among some of the game's fans.

Since Dragon Age Inquisition is pleasing those fans by making him a major character in the game, I wonder if SWTOR's devs will also eventually give in to "fan service" and make Thana a companion
ah cullen i really hope i can send him on a suicide mission for an icompetent hypocrite