Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's your WORST experience in RP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Roleplaying
What's your WORST experience in RP?

Uruare
06.21.2014 , 03:34 PM | #21
I co-founded a guild with a longtime friend. If was supposed to be all about smuggling and mercenary work, and we had a great premise laid down.

Then out of nowhere said co-leader decided it was a Mando guild and everyone had to be mandalorians, had to learn man do ' a irl (and attend Skype classes she wanted to host). My own character no longer qualified to be part of the guild, and I'm sorry, but if I'm going to learn more languages, they're nor going to be mando'a or klingon or otherwise.

It reinforced the notion that you never really see someone's true colors until they have some sort of power overt you, be it real or imagined.

LordMatthewS
07.15.2014 , 04:55 PM | #22
This one time I met a female republic Twi'lek jedi. (I am a Sith Warrior.) We talked for a few minutes and then she started dancing... She (Just saying she because the character was female) then said that her dancing made me her slave and I had to do everything she said. I just said... That isn't how role playing works and she said I had to kill myself. I said no and she went back to the Republic fleet. That was just a very weird experience. xD
Referral link for both of us to get free things in-game such as Cartel Coins, droid pets, booster packs and more!
http://www.swtor.com/r/bHlykH

Xakthul
07.31.2014 , 01:21 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
This kind of "tavern RP" plagues every MMO. You must not have been on BC recently.

The reason I don't RP is because this kind of drivel is what passes for RP in most people's books. God moding, emote "thought broadcasting," endless mysterious "Strider like" characters sitting moodily in corners, random light saber dueling threats, boring. Most people aren't looking to RP, they're looking to play "Second Life in Star Wars."
My solution.... PvP on the RP servers and RP everywhere else. BC is a terrible place for any sort of protracted RP.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

branmakmuffin
08.16.2014 , 04:47 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Xakthul View Post
My solution.... PvP on the RP servers and RP everywhere else. BC is a terrible place for any sort of protracted RP.
My solution: don't bother to RP at all because I'm not missing anything.

Nalathemaster
08.20.2014 , 05:34 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Inafinus View Post
New experience just popped up on Ebon Hawk.

Four Mandalorians thought it'd be a good idea to pull their weapons on a Sith in the middle of Vaiken spacedock.
My Imperial Soldier came up to them along with other IC soldiers (considering it's an Imperial station, which makes sense) and demanded that they put down their weapons. They went on to say that the Sith and I were godmodding and that they want us to go to Korriban and duel there because they claim that RP is '50% PvP'. After they continued to refuse to suffer IC consequences for their character's actions and pretty much made everyone fed up with them, my Imperial Soldier ordered her fellow (IC) soldiers to open fire at the defiant group of 'Mandalorians'. Everyone /ignored them and my Imperial Soldier was quickly commended by a group of Sith.
What server? And where do you get Imp trooper armor?
There is no death, There is only the force

branmakmuffin
08.21.2014 , 05:50 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Nalathemaster View Post
What server? And where do you get Imp trooper armor?
Imperial trooper armor is from the Collectors Edition vendor. If you don't have that, there is something roughly similar from the Makeb rep vendor, requires Champion standing, I believe. And I also believe it is white/red.

Nalathemaster
08.21.2014 , 08:15 AM | #27
Imperial trooper armor is from the Collectors Edition vendor. If you don't have that, there is something roughly similar from the Makeb rep vendor, requires Champion standing, I believe. And I also believe it is white/red.
Goddangit.
There is no death, There is only the force

Xakthul
08.21.2014 , 01:08 PM | #28
There's also one of the Cartel Reps that has it...

But it has glowy bits, I'm sorry to say.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Darth__Reaver
08.24.2014 , 09:10 PM | #29
My worst time ever was the first and last time I ever RPed. Someone gen chat on jung ma asks if anyone wanted to RP. Being me (a troll) and so bored ATM that I said I would. Now when I troll I'm not an ******* I do it for fun and its pretty much me making fun of myself so other can laugh. However I joined his group (or her he was playing a female twelik) and then some one else joined the group a fellow mandalorian. Anyway we head to some flashpoint cantina and clear the room for him (we were lvl 55s and he was lvl 26 same lvl as the flashpoint) so were just chillin and I'm trying hard not to troll. So the twelik says "I'm a princess who is enslaved by my master and wished to hire us to kill him" ok I thought it was interesting. So then he says " I'm also a pod racing champion and I can build droids so I can pay for you services" I'm like ok money up front. Dude tried giving me 100 credits and I'm like "um do you think I'm a joke?" Then I got really bored and started to troll with the other mando after he says "my master enslaves me and I'm his slave b**** all I'm used for is producing children for him and I want you 2 to come with me into this room" we looked at each other and the mando whispered me " dude I think he wants is to ERP" so then me and the mando /data pad and /map to check the galactic Internet for pokemon cards. It was nice he found a cheap charizard for only 50c I told him to buy it. Yeah we pretty much trolled him for 30min and he booted us from the group.

branmakmuffin
08.25.2014 , 12:17 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Nalathemaster View Post
Goddangit.
It's pretty easy to get Champion standing with Makeb. Should be even easier post 2.9.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth__Reaver View Post
dude I think he wants is to ERP" so then me and the mando /data pad and /map to check the galactic Internet for pokemon cards. It was nice he found a cheap charizard for only 50c I told him to buy it. Yeah we pretty much trolled him for 30min and he booted us from the group.
You passed up a chance to ERP with a guy playing a female Twi'lek? Dude, those opportunities come along only every 30 seconds or so.