Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Can someone Explain the Kaggath (forum version) To me?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Can someone Explain the Kaggath (forum version) To me?

Silenceo's Avatar


Silenceo
07.29.2014 , 03:03 PM | #21
This reminds me, who tried to get that galactic conquest game up and running? That sounded like it would be so great...What was the issue? Lack of enough participants?
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

StarSquirrel's Avatar


StarSquirrel
07.29.2014 , 03:07 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
This reminds me, who tried to get that galactic conquest game up and running? That sounded like it would be so great...What was the issue? Lack of enough participants?
Rayla (Lady)

Aside from that I didn't pay much attention and so I'm unaware of what actually killed it.
"We're more than just a people or an army, aruetii. We're a culture. We're an idea. And you can't kill ideas—but we can certainly kill you."

Mandalore the Destroyer

Nalathemaster's Avatar


Nalathemaster
07.29.2014 , 03:44 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
Rayla (Lady)

Aside from that I didn't pay much attention and so I'm unaware of what actually killed it.
What was it? Also, sil, I would DEFINETLY call the survival game a hit.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
07.29.2014 , 04:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Ha! How did you think Warren and Aurbere got their thrones?

Nah Dream Teams just came out of the blue, it was made by some random guy but he didn't put enough effort into it and despite our attempts to salvage it it fell apart. The Kaggath had been going for a while now and the tournament has just ended, so I decided to make a Dream Teams variant.
I totally deserve a throne for my crushing of the rebellious factions in the last one

I think Empress would do, I need to make sure I outrank Aurbere
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
07.29.2014 , 04:05 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Nalathemaster View Post
What was it? Also, sil, I would DEFINETLY call the survival game a hit.
A combination of me, and realising just how much effort it would be to coordinate this.

But yeh, I, Rayla and Aurbere (Along with some help), tried to take command and form a democratic body to lead it, I was sorting units and alliances, Aurbere and Rayla had other duties.

I however had some IRL issues come up, that took me away from the forums, and everyone else realised the monumental task it'd be, so a lot of people lost interest.

And then a lot of people had issues with the 3 of us sorting stuff along with a self appointed Beni, and friction came in...

Yeh, a lot of reasons.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Nalathemaster's Avatar


Nalathemaster
07.30.2014 , 10:06 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
A combination of me, and realising just how much effort it would be to coordinate this.

But yeh, I, Rayla and Aurbere (Along with some help), tried to take command and form a democratic body to lead it, I was sorting units and alliances, Aurbere and Rayla had other duties.

I however had some IRL issues come up, that took me away from the forums, and everyone else realised the monumental task it'd be, so a lot of people lost interest.

And then a lot of people had issues with the 3 of us sorting stuff along with a self appointed Beni, and friction came in...

Yeh, a lot of reasons.
No, like...WHAT was it? (Bit of a noob to the forums)

Silenceo's Avatar


Silenceo
07.30.2014 , 10:30 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Nalathemaster View Post
No, like...WHAT was it? (Bit of a noob to the forums)
There was 2 versions, the Fleet vs Fleet version that got canceled mid-round 1, and the Galactic Scale version that would have had 6+ people at any given time, which was canceled before it began.

The Fleet vs Fleet:

Similar to the Kaggath, but it is only ships and no leaders, no ground. Typically it came down to facts and the ship capabilities and how they all worked together. Some even managed to have Slave I or some such. This was the one that I had my first debate on the forums with Beni in. I, uh... Lost my temper and was quite rude for lot of it... I still apologize a bit for it every now and then, but I have changed! I SWEAR!

The Galactic Scale:

It was basically the one where everyone selected a few planets, their forces, and ect much like a Kaggath, more in the mode of Galactic Conquest with multiple factions. I was so excited for this one, but it got canceled due to the inability to make it work right as well as people got busy.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
07.30.2014 , 12:05 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Nalathemaster View Post
No, like...WHAT was it? (Bit of a noob to the forums)
Yeh, I was kinda clearing it up for Star.

Uhh, it was basically the Kaggath, on a galactic scale, where you moved your own forces in and out of hyper lanes and systems in order to take control of the galaxy. End goal was to take Coruscant and be able to hold it from anyone who was left, like, there was no possibility of them taking it.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Canino's Avatar


Canino
07.30.2014 , 12:08 PM | #29
Woah Woah Woah.

If Sel is getting a promotion, I should too. I mean, I was the only one who defeated her in the Kaggath I should get something better than Second in Command of the DS and assassin/bodyguard for Warren. Perhaps The Prince of Darkness

And I remember the days of the old Kaggath. It was just Rayla, Aurbere, Beni, Warren and myself. Then Sel and the occasional random.

And pale green? I sort of like it. The other one is just sooooo dark.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
07.30.2014 , 12:15 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
Woah Woah Woah.

If Sel is getting a promotion, I should too. I mean, I was the only one who defeated her in the Kaggath I should get something better than Second in Command of the DS and assassin/bodyguard for Warren. Perhaps The Prince of Darkness

And I remember the days of the old Kaggath. It was just Rayla, Aurbere, Beni, Warren and myself. Then Sel and the occasional random.

And pale green? I sort of like it. The other one is just sooooo dark.
Wait, I was in the old Kaggath gang? I don't think I was, I was more battle zone back then. People underestimated Traya and Sidious' empires too much, going all TOR Fanboy or Kreia sucks, and it annoyed me too much to participate in them... But I'm not naming names (Warren <3)

Also, ewwwww. Old color was so much nicer.

Also, I totally would have won if I'd had Maul
And your fleet was way larger than the next rounds due to Beni's Nerf, aaaaaaannnnddddd no one took the quotes about Rakata/Schism tech on the Harrowers seriously until Rayla made them see.

But you can be my Shadow Hand, as Dark Lady of the Sith, if you want.

All ya got to do is swear fealty...
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger