Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gree errr Gank event....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Gree errr Gank event....

Modules
07.27.2014 , 02:22 AM | #81
i like all of this event. even the silly pve stuff made me join my first WB/ops parties lol

as for the topic of this thread, i agree with the point that if you pick up a quest labeled as [pvp] and go into an area where you're auto-flagged to everyone but your 3 mates in your party of 4, then you know what to expect.

tried to solo the daily, got ganked by groups.
helped a pve-geared friend, we got ganked (though, only a few times) by groups.
tried to farm the droid that drops the green rep token + pet, got ganked a few times.
got many 1v1 fights.
got many XvX fights.
joined some friends who were already in a 4-group which led to hilarious "oh sorry, didnt mean to"-moments.

all good fun. and expected.

the rep you gain from these two lousy quests can be skipped if you can't be bothered to accept the game mode intended for this area.

LloydTwoscoops
07.27.2014 , 03:03 AM | #82
Yeah similar experience, tried to do them on my sorc whilst flagged, got blown up by groups of 8 wandering around so then I went on my operative and kept sapping them all and caught up with the guy advertising for their group earlier and taught him the errors in his ways
Twoscoops Legacy --- The Red Eclipse
Main --- Rythoria (Operative)

LanceCorporalDan
07.27.2014 , 04:46 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Modules View Post
i like all of this event. even the silly pve stuff made me join my first WB/ops parties lol

as for the topic of this thread, i agree with the point that if you pick up a quest labeled as [pvp] and go into an area where you're auto-flagged to everyone but your 3 mates in your party of 4, then you know what to expect.

tried to solo the daily, got ganked by groups.
helped a pve-geared friend, we got ganked (though, only a few times) by groups.
tried to farm the droid that drops the green rep token + pet, got ganked a few times.
got many 1v1 fights.
got many XvX fights.
joined some friends who were already in a 4-group which led to hilarious "oh sorry, didnt mean to"-moments.

all good fun. and expected.

the rep you gain from these two lousy quests can be skipped if you can't be bothered to accept the game mode intended for this area.
I like this post, well said.
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

JouerTue
07.27.2014 , 06:11 AM | #84
LFM heroic PVE/unflagged make me laugh a bit..once i do xeno on all chars i do only blue rep missions: pvp pylon, advanced analysis and the heroic in pvp area for the lulz and less crowd, and you can kill the crowd :-P. it goes much more smoothly than doing it in pve area..there's nothing worse than being attacked with my pve gear on..once you get flagged you put your pvp gear on and you'll be fine 90% of the times. most of gankers in pve area, are pve geared so basicly easy 2vs.1 wins for a decent and geared player. and the most important thing i learnt at first gree and rakghoul events is: go with a group..it discourages most of the gankers.

at the same time i won't spare the lonely sorc/mara doing alone the pylon mission..i usually let em complete it and then gank
The Red Eclipse
Republic: anstacav, giranda, hobogo, vitulal, wasiq, zadoro, onovidi
Empire: astutillo, comel'am, covamo, heksebo, qarrarr, dadietr
The Harbringer- Republic: hobogo; Empire: qarrarr

Yorioko
07.27.2014 , 10:34 AM | #85
NO exeption ALL genkers should be imidiately badded and their accounts deactivated!

Genkers are LOOSERs, no exeptions!

Raoul_Duke
07.27.2014 , 01:38 PM | #86
Ah yes, the horrendous Gree event, heh.

Like saying warm dung tastes better than cold dung.

Quite sad, really . . .
Graveyard of the Womp Rat: The Bantha Screams for Krayt Meat
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
Limping Since 2008

Yorioko
07.27.2014 , 01:41 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Raoul_Duke View Post
Ah yes, the horrendous Gree event, heh.

Like saying warm dung tastes better than cold dung.

Quite sad, really . . .
I don't even know what the gree event is. but genking is bad.......it is a game killer.

Most....no ALL genkers are the ones who allways loose so they team up to make their pathetic personalites feel better by genking on others.
Genking is ONLY harassment.

That being said, seems that on swtor at least genking isn't the main issue with pvp

kendawgg
07.27.2014 , 06:47 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Yorioko View Post
NO exeption ALL genkers should be imidiately badded and their accounts deactivated!

you are flagged and open world pvp is anything goes. and what is badded? and no they are playing within the rules so they should not have their account deactivated. thats like saying that people who die in owpvp should have their characters permadead.
Fyre-bug Harbinger Vanguard

HeatRacer
07.27.2014 , 06:52 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Yorioko View Post

Go home, you're drunk.

Yorioko
07.27.2014 , 06:52 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by kendawgg View Post
you are flagged and open world pvp is anything goes. and what is badded? and no they are playing within the rules so they should not have their account deactivated. thats like saying that people who die in owpvp should have their characters permadead.
when 4 lvl 55s run around on Tython and just randomly kills lvl 1 -10s it is harrasment no matter what the rules say.
I am taking on the non pvp server where People gen, it has not happened alot to me but it has.
harrassment no exeptions= ban and acount delete! then all genking will stop....easy.