Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is the Sith Inquisitor story as bad as people say it is?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Is the Sith Inquisitor story as bad as people say it is?

CrownofGold
07.26.2014 , 07:11 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Lorica View Post
I liked the Inquisitor Story as well as a Sorcerer(ess). In my opinion, it does not really fit the Sith Assassin. However, I feel the Sith Warrior is better and more Dark Side like.
I tend to agree with you on this! The Inquisitor story line seems far more geared towards the Sorcerer class, being the advanced class that specializes in use of the force and knowledge of dark side spells, etc etc. The Assassin is really more of just a stealth melee class much like the Marauder (though Mara has limited stealth capabilities) so I do agree with your thoughts on this!

As the devs have said, the Sorcerer is modeled after Emperor Palpatine to a degree and the Assassin after Darth Maul.
Mia Goespewpewpewpew Pewpewpewpewpew, Grand Champion of the Great Hunt
<Twi'lek Lives Matter>
The Harbinger

Yermog
07.26.2014 , 08:46 AM | #42
Personally, I loved the Sith Inquisitor story line. I thought it was much more engaging than the Consular one myself, which is supposed to be it's Republic equivalent. The Inquisitor has some of the most excellent lines in the game. To quote: "If you think this is crazy, you should meet the other half!" referring to themselves.

... maybe you had to be there to get the full impact. Anyway, I thought it was very fun and I would suggest it to anyone.

lironBD
07.27.2014 , 06:36 AM | #43
step 1: sith pureblood.
step 2: take Sorcerer class
step 3: pure darkside
?????
WIN
Europe -> Darth Malgus
Amahl-farouk-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

http://www.swtor.com/r/NP7bNn \ Buddy invite

TalonVII
07.27.2014 , 08:45 AM | #44
I'll chime in and say that the inqusitor so far has been my favorite force user story. Only off courscant for the consular and DK for the SW, but finished the knight and it was basically a retread of the Luke skywalker story. Kinda meh.

Inquisitor was fun though the first jedi you "seduce" to the dark side but she really doesn't come over really annoyed the heck out of me. Like the actual apprentice though once you get him.

But yeah overall fav force user story though overall fav story still the Imperial agent.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

errant_knight
07.27.2014 , 11:48 AM | #45
The JK is not at all 'meh' if you let them struggle with temptation to the dark side. It;s not hard to do that. There are choices where you have to put your head in the sand pretty far to pick light. Pick all light without considering the choice in the context of the story and the possible results and, yes, it will be a tad dull. But that's the same for most of the stories. Turn off alignment on mouseover and really consider the implications of your choices and all the stories will be better.

Remianen
07.27.2014 , 05:03 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by errant_knight View Post
The JK is not at all 'meh' if you let them struggle with temptation to the dark side. It;s not hard to do that. There are choices where you have to put your head in the sand pretty far to pick light. Pick all light without considering the choice in the context of the story and the possible results and, yes, it will be a tad dull. But that's the same for most of the stories. Turn off alignment on mouseover and really consider the implications of your choices and all the stories will be better.
Doing so would be a bit of a fool's errand since the choices you're presented with don't always convey the tone of what you actually say. There have been many occasions (on all classes) where I've made a choice and then wondered how the hell it correlated with the choice I was given. Then I find out (after ESCing out and retrying) that another choice fit the tone and impact I was looking for.

Karkais, I mean no offense but your responses prove that you don't really know what manipulation really is. Married men know what it is (even if they can't name it) because it happens to them almost daily. Anyone in sales or politics knows what manipulation is. It happens every single day in every walk of life. Just because you don't recognize it as such does not mean it's not happening.

Spoiler

You don't have to be evil to manipulate people and manipulating people does not in and of itself make you evil. If either of these were the case, then every wife, fiancée, and girlfriend on the planet is textbook evil Sith. When you went to see 'Sex Tape' instead of 'Hercules' because she wanted to see the former (as an example), you got got (so to speak). The old cliché "Happy wife, happy life" is manipulation! It's conditioning you to acquiesce.

Spoiler

Inquisitor storyline is one of the best in the game, for better or worse (there are a few really BAD ones). But if you're looking for the stories to somehow directly link up to the various portrayals in the films, you're going to be disappointed.

errant_knight
07.27.2014 , 08:36 PM | #47
I'm not touching that last post with a ten foot pole, lol

Sangiban
07.28.2014 , 04:34 PM | #48
Personally, the way I got through the Inquisitor storyline is by realizing that most of the worlds you go to are simply because those planets are in the game (Sith artifacts on Hoth & Balmorra? Seriously?). Ignoring the fact that Andronikos & Ashara exist helps a lot. I tend to strip all their armour off, leave them on the ship, and skip their dialogue in cutscenes. The Inquisitor storyline has some really good moments. The ends of Act 1 & 3 stand out in my mind. However, most of the story is just chasing around the galaxy hunting various things. You just really don't feel like a powerful Sith Lord most of the time, I'm afraid. In those rare moments you do, the feeling is wonderful.
Quote: Originally Posted by My Lord Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness View Post
I suppose an introduction is in order. I'm Sshheogorath, PRRRRINCE. OF. MADNESS! And... other things. I'm not talking about them.

AnAnonymousGuy
07.28.2014 , 05:04 PM | #49
It's average although...

Spoiler

Pietrastor
07.28.2014 , 05:42 PM | #50
It's one of the best stories, especially on Light Side. But you're not gonna like it if you're stuck on the idea of a Palpatine power fantasy cause it's nothing like that. Go without any assumptions and you will get a great personal story driven by your character.