Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

+10 datacron bug - looting blue crystal results in "nothing happens" message

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
+10 datacron bug - looting blue crystal results in "nothing happens" message

Sylin
05.19.2012 , 09:01 PM | #1
Our guild was doing the +10 datacron run on the Imperial fleet tonight.

I am level 50.
I had the MGGS.
I had the Corellian Museum Crystal.

Went to the museum, used the walker controls to blow open the door to the blue crystal "Loose Cormium Crystal". But when I try to loot it (the blue crystal) I get an error saying "Nothing Happens."

Without being able to loot the blue crystal, there is no way to lower the red force field to get to the bridge. Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
[ [ [ S Y L I N ] ] ]
‎"I'm programmed to understand over 100 languages and dialects,
and in not one is the phrase "on fire" positive when referring to a person!"

Kalihan
05.20.2012 , 01:38 AM | #2
Same thing here...

When trying to loot the blue crystal, the error message stated that I did not have enough experience.
Unless you can get more experience at lvl 50 somewhere, it was a strange message.

And yes,
without blue crystal, it is not doable

Redron
05.20.2012 , 05:22 AM | #3
I had same issue at January when we collected that with guildies. They were opening doors for me, my wife & some more people since we couldn't take that stupid gem. "More experience" message was funny to see at lvl 50 too, especially since you can't take +10 one before lvl 50.
Murderiser with flaming soul

Sauska
05.20.2012 , 07:03 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Redron View Post
especially since you can't take +10 one before lvl 50.
You can, seeing that I got it at lvl 45.

Here is an awesome guide to get it. Follow the instructions, easy

http://www.oldrepublic.net/379-10-al...ron-guide.html
The Borealis Legacy

-DARTHREAPER-
05.20.2012 , 09:27 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Redron View Post
I had same issue at January when we collected that with guildies. They were opening doors for me, my wife & some more people since we couldn't take that stupid gem. "More experience" message was funny to see at lvl 50 too, especially since you can't take +10 one before lvl 50.

I had the same thing on my Assassin, put in a ticket and nothing as usual.

Aediar
06.06.2013 , 12:38 PM | #6
Bump.
This just happened to me a couple days ago. Please fix this BioWare.

AlixMV
06.06.2013 , 05:07 PM | #7
Not sure if this is relevant to the OP's situation, but technically only one person in the group needs to hit the blue crystal to drop the force field. That person can drop the force field and everyone else can get in.

OP doesn't mention what level the character was: it requires you be at least 45. If the toon is below that level, they can't access the blue crystal.
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Brixyl / Serateh ~ Ydris

Rebel_US
08.12.2013 , 12:45 AM | #8
FOUND THE SOLUTION / REASON !!!

I ran into this myself, but having the extra characters to test it - and confirm it - I did discover something:

ONLY my characters that had SCAVENGING as a skill set were able to pick up the [Cormium Crystal Shard]

Evidently, their are TWO requirements to get this item:

Level 50
SCAVENGING

I am a Master Crater and NONE of my characters with any of the other Skill Sets were able to gather the Blue Crystal EXCEPT for my Scavengers.

Why does it take a PLAYER to find a solution??

AlixMV
08.23.2013 , 12:58 PM | #9
I'm dubious. I just did this this past weekend with lots of characters who didn't have Scavenging as a crew skill who managed to get the Cormium Crystal Shard just fine.

It does, however, require you click on a specific place on the crystal (as you're facing it from the secret hallway, it's on the right side, closest to the glass/force field).

Also, I was mistaken about who needs it: it may be required to bring down the force field to get into the area where the MGGS grapple points are, but on the Republic side, it's currently required that anyone wanting to get the +10 datacron has to have a CCS as well. If a toon doesn't have it, you get a big red Access Denied message until you do get it (confirmed via experience on 18-Aug-2013).

The CCS was not a pre-req to get the Datacron Imperial side, for some reason.
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Brixyl / Serateh ~ Ydris

Enkmasta
07.27.2014 , 07:36 AM | #10
After a year the 10+ Datacron still bugs, BW, please fix it!