2.9 Class E-mails from the PTS

Darth_Wicked

Repost from the General Discussion forums. Assuming NOT everyone goes there, I'm sure there are those who will enjoy these nonetheless. :D

- - - -

This was originally posted on Reddit by MorgenGreene.

These e-mails are a segue of sorts, following the ones each class receives after completing the first chapter of Forged Alliances. Enjoy.

- - - -

SITH WARRIOR:

Subject: Disturbance

The Force moves through the Emperor's Hand in a manner that few others experience. For us, the Force is an intricate tapestry woven into our very essence. That tapestry has become flawed. I speak of a persistent disturbance. A cyst, dense and tangled and unpleasant. It began small and nearly imperceptible but has been growing ever larger.

Wrath, I have already impressed upon you the need for you to be wary of the Emperor's enemies and ruthless in their punishment, but the source of this basal disturbance is of the gravest concern to us and must therefore be subjected to the sheer vastness of your might.

Do not let the Emperor down.

SITH INQUISITOR:

Subject: Arkous and You

Dark Lord, I recently had a chance to speak with our colleague Darth Arkous. He had much to say about you.

According to Arkous, the two of you have worked together a great deal since reclaiming Korriban, and you have built a strong rapport. In fact, he went so far as to describe your contribution as "invaluable". The Dark Council could use more accord among its members; I hope your example serves as inspiration.

Arkous did not elaborate on what the two of you have been up to, though I can imagine many ways in which your knowledge of ancient secrets could be of assistance to Arkous's military strategies.

I look forward to hearing more about it when next we meet.

Darth Marr

IMPERIAL AGENT:

Subject: Any real knowledge or understanding supposed

I've had a visitor. A figure I will not name wished to see if I had been longing for any particular amenities for my retirement home. The stranger looked around, contemplated, and finally opined that there were nine ways to improve the place. Nothing was asked of me in exchange. I declined the offer, and my would-be benefactor departed. It was a strange encounter; I should think I would not want a return visit.

If you ever find yourself presented with a gift from such a character, you should disintegrate all your possessions and promptly withdraw to parts unknown. I may not contact you again after this, so I hope that you heed my moderately dark counsel in this matter.

BOUNTY HUNTER:

Subject: Strange days

Hey sugar, I'm sure you know I spend a good lotta days in Kaas City. Most of that time's spent within a soft holler's reach of the folks who run the Empire. They don't usually see fit to even look in my general direction, which was always fine by me.

Now all that's changed, and it looks like it's thanks to you.

I got people with titles I never heard of looking me up, asking how close the two of us are, if I know where you live--I swear, you didn't get this much attention when you won the Great Hunt! Between you and me and a deaf gundark, I don't think this is the "good" kind of attention, you get me? I know you do what you want and all, but whatever you got into lately? I'd just politely suggest you might wanna think about easing yourself back out of it.

Take care and good hunting, Crysta

- - - -

JEDI KNIGHT:

Subject: Temple improvements

If I haven't said so before: Thank you for your reclamation of the Jedi Temple from Imperial forces. You and Colonel Darok are to be commended for your swift action and unfaltering resolve.

Unsettling as the Empire's brief occupation was, what we've learned from the attack has allowed us to restore the temple with greater security than ever before. Should the enemy even reach the surface of Tython, they will have to contend with enhanced scanner arrays, slicer-proof turrets and reinforced blast doors. This will help prevent large-scale attacks as well as more subtle infiltrations, so items like the Rakata artifact that went missing during the recent commotion remain in our possession.

I have to go now. There is a faint yet growing disturbance in the Force I need to look into. If you happen to sense anything out of the ordinary, I hope you'll let me know.

May the Force be with you. --Master Satele

JEDI CONSULAR:

Subject: Manaan

Barsen'thor, Last time I wrote, I was landing on Manaan for my first meeting with the Selkath. I have to say, I was impressed by their Kolto Trade League's tenacity and intellect.

After the drudgery of our protracted war, I can appreciate their isolationist stance--though I assure you Balmorra would never adopt such a policy. I have remained in close contact with the Trade League, and they happened to mention your recent visits. Not knowing your agenda there, the citizens of Manaan seem at once honored and concerned that you have taken an interest in their planet.

The leadership is consulting with something called the Order of Shasa to decide what to make of the whole thing. I wouldn't be surprised if you heard from Shuuru, either. I told them that they should, of course, be honored; and that they should rest assured that you do not pose a threat to their way of life. I'm unsure if my diplomacy has had any effect, but they appear to like and respect me, so I hope it helps.

Tai Cordan President of Balmorra

SMUGGLER:

Subject: Manaan?!

Okay, so I've been trying for months to get the approval to receive an application for a landing permit on Manaan so I can negotiate a license to trade kolto... and I hear YOU just coast on in, and I can't believe it! I've got a ship, the financial backing... getting a kolto license would secure my shot at the big time. But the Selkath limit those things, and now I bet you've got one--the one I should've gotten.

Maybe if I spent more time sucking up to the Republic or rescuing people from doomed planets instead of being the best I can be at my chosen profession, that license would be mine, huh? Yes, I'm bitter. And no, I'm NOT stalking you. In fact, I'm leaving for the Rishi Maze. Maybe there's some undiscovered kolto supply somewhere in there. Or just a limitless pile of cash. You can't possibly have ALL the luck.

See ya. --Thorne

TROOPER:

Subject: FWD: Republic Victory on BLANK!

I hope you find this article as inspiring as I do! Victory over the Empire is surely close at hand!

..BEGIN FORWARDED TEXT..

Republic Victory on BLANK! After a grueling ten-month siege, BLANKY, the capital city of BLANK, has been freed from Imperial control. All enemy forces were captured or killed. General Vander, commander of the Republic liberation force, credited the sudden advance to the work of a Special Forces unit that infiltrated BLANKY and disabled the Imperial defensive network. With additional landing areas now available, additional support craft are en route to provide food and other aid to the long-suffering people of BLANK. Vander spoke to a small collection of embedded journalists in the hours following his troops' victory, saying, "Trutly, this is a stunning victory that all Republic citizens can feel proud of!"

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Too much caffeine and the little brain cells kicked in, concerning the one for the Imperial Agent... ;)

"Subject: Any real knowledge or understanding supposed"

The visitor was apparently Darth Arkous.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Too much caffeine and the little brain cells kicked in, concerning the one for the Imperial Agent... ;)

"Subject: Any real knowledge or understanding supposed"

The visitor was apparently Darth Arkous.

Yeah, I noticed it said "heed my moderately dark counsel in this matter." which to me screamed that it was a member of the DC.

Edited by AshlaBoga

Yeah, I noticed it said "heed my moderately dark counsel in this matter." which to me screamed that it was a member of the DC.

I had noticed that already, plus the "nine ways" to improve his household, which was a clear reference to Cipher Nine.

Quite honestly, I wasn't sure if he was trying to reference Marr, Jadus or Arkous.

The first one didn't really make any sense, seeing that he gets a hold of the previous Cipher anytime he wants. Jadus, well... He's been gone since forever.

Only Arkous remained but again, nothing truly concrete until I took a second look at the "subject".

Even so, I do wish that the last paragraph is hyperbolic, since deep inside, I still wish to see the old Keeper again, somehow. Here's hoping the old man is okay. :(

**** yes, haven`t read but that`s they way.

I am happy even if those are little mails but at least the class content isn´t forgotten and we get a remainder that "Hey, those characters are still there."

Even if it`s only those little mails.

Awesome, I was wondering if part 2 of the new story would get us another round of class mails. It's great to see them but it would've been better to see some more detail on them.

like for example an imperial agent getting a mail not from terminis but the SIS or Jadus instead, if you supported them. Or a Bounty hunter getting mails from Tormen or Marr.

But I'm not sure those alternate stories will continue at all since makeb was a disappointment in that aspect, but we'll see I guess.

Thanks for this anyway =)!

Edited by cirruz

Awesome, I was wondering if part 2 of the new story would get us another round of class mails. It's great to see them but it would've been better to see some more detail on them.

like for example an imperial agent getting a mail not from terminis but the SIS or Jadus instead, if you supported them. Or a Bounty hunter getting mails from Tormen or Marr.

But I'm not sure those alternate stories will continue at all since makeb was a disappointment in that aspect, but we'll see I guess.

Thanks for this anyway =)!

What you'd like will never come to happen most likely, seeing that...

In the past Bioware pretty much implied that whatever character or situation, which had a LS / DS moment attached to it, wouldn't most likely be making an appearance whatsoever in the future.

Judging from the content of the e-mails, which is EXACTLY the same regardless of the choices you've made, the above holds true.

It's a shame nonetheless though. I admit it.

The closest I have seen thus far, concerning whatever choices you can make in your main story...

Is a BH being able to ask for Tormen when Darth Marr first contacts you, preceding the Makeb crisis. If you killed him, you ask something else instead.

Regardless, Tormen himself doesn't appear and his VA hasn't seen around since Vanilla TOR I believe.