Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Engineer vs Markmanship PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Engineer vs Markmanship PvP-wise?

Nethaera
12.25.2011 , 06:15 PM | #1
On my pvp server, I'm making my alt Sniper so I can actually engage in pvp, instead of using my healer, so I was wondering which would be "best" for PvP? I know that Engineer is AOE, while Marksmanship is Single-target burst, but I also hear that Engineer is more mobile. I'm just confused on the general subject, because I hear one is the best and another isn't, vice versa.

dukaso
12.25.2011 , 06:18 PM | #2
I don't know. Maybe you should play with the specs a bit? Respeccing isn't going to hurt you much or anything... oh wait.

Nethaera
12.25.2011 , 06:39 PM | #3
Don't plan on playing my alt till another week or so. Need to get my Sorc to 50. Just trying to plan ahead of time.

Nethaera
12.25.2011 , 07:51 PM | #4
Bump, would like more input from those that have played either.

nomanking
12.25.2011 , 08:03 PM | #5
I ose sniper at lvl 10. It turned out that cover system is vry hard to use in pvp early lvls coz u dont have defensive abilities like entrech and stuff. So i changed to engineer at lvl 15. Now engineer does alot of dmg as well at lower lvls. I use to spam iverliad shot and nades and knife atracks. I turned nyself into a mele range sniper. Never used cover coz u dont rly need it. Wen i hit lvl 30 i had alot of defensive and stun abilities and trust me, if u want dmg go marksman. So i switched back to marksman. It wrks amazing with cover combos. U have defensive abities. Ppl cant just kuck u out of cover all the time but its still hard but huge burst dmg pays off. Thats just from my experiance. Ppl may not agree with me.

Edit: ur going to live the 3k and 2.5k dmg + crits and and 2k plus crit is just normal for marksman