Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper/Smuggler

Jnaathra
12.25.2011 , 06:49 PM | #1
All I have to say is good lord. Nearly impossible to get close to. Took practically zero damage when you did. Couldn't keep him out of cover for more than a second.

I hope this isn't what we have to look forward to at 50.

Damage Result

Lerdoc
12.25.2011 , 06:56 PM | #2
Wait, you want me to tell that best ranged DPS class deals best dps? Hairesy!

Operatives/scoundrels and assasins/shadows that get the jump on them destroy them.

Commandos/mercenaries make a short work of them as well.

MarcusElliott
12.25.2011 , 06:58 PM | #3
Yep. Already made a thread about this. It's mostly the operative/scoundrel advance classes, but the class as a whole needs to be relooked at. Definitely in need of a nerf. An operative dealt over 410k in one of our warzones with a high hit of 5800, and I've seen hits in the 6500 range. Rediculously stupid. Not to mention a class shouldn't be able to do everything. That's why there is classes.

McDaniels
12.25.2011 , 07:36 PM | #4
Operative/scoundrel is widely considered to be quite overpowered from the perspective of skilled/experienced players...

The class does obscene amounts of damage in the late 40's and at 50, combined with its ability to cc you're essentially helpless in any sort of 1 on 1 situation, and they are ridiculously good at picking off healers before anyone on your team can react.

Nerf will come in a few months I'd imagine.

Sniper/gunslinger is to be determined as far as I can tell, but I do know that they can drop huge numbers on the post game stats. I've seen a gunslinger in my guild drop 415k, and he consistently puts out 200-300k in average games.

Arkia
12.25.2011 , 07:43 PM | #5
Just as I have seen mercs, sorcs, commandos, sages, shadows, assassins & warriors putting out 300-400k in matches. Did I Miss anyone? Point is everyone can put out those #'s if they are good. Nothing to see here.

Kricys
12.25.2011 , 07:45 PM | #6
So... what? That's not even that much damage.
Kricys. Marauder. Vulkar Highway

Gaidax
12.25.2011 , 07:48 PM | #7
In one of the QQ threads here there was a Marauder showing off 3 different 350k screenshots of his... nerf Warriors plx?
<=======35m of dead pixels====.===>
"You don't need to be a better shot - you just need to shoot more bullets!"

Kricys
12.25.2011 , 07:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
In one of the QQ threads here there was a Marauder showing off 3 different 350k screenshots of his... nerf Warriors plx?
Yeah that's me, sup.

Gaidax
12.25.2011 , 07:50 PM | #9
Great, then show our clueless newbie the said evidence, pretty please, so that we can bury this issue for next 15 minutes until another ******** pops up.
<=======35m of dead pixels====.===>
"You don't need to be a better shot - you just need to shoot more bullets!"

Kricys
12.25.2011 , 07:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
Great, then show our clueless newbie the said evidence, pretty please, so that we can bury this issue for next 15 minutes until another ******** pops up.
I figured everyone was seeing 50's dump 300k games lately. My 50 sorc friend and I group up to see who can top the other. Operatives, Marauders, Sins and Sorcs can all can throw out big numbers.