Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Palace (NiM) 8-Man World Progression Tracking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Dread Palace (NiM) 8-Man World Progression Tracking

Magvay
07.21.2014 , 03:51 PM | #371
so basically guilds just waiting for this good try without kiter getting soad?

SnickerJew
07.21.2014 , 03:52 PM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by Magvay View Post
From the kill videos raptus kiter is never getting SOA, is there hidden mechanic behind it to control who get's SOA or it can happen on any DPS?
I have/had many ideas of how not to get Soa'd as a kiter which seemed to work a lot better when 2.8 dropped compared to this last patch they released. The first way we knew the fight was altered was Raptus' knockback having a 2.0 second channel now (1.5 seconds on PTS & every patch before last). What worked for me through PTS testing & which transitioned to live was doing as much damage as I could to Raptus & making sure I always took 1 melee attack from Dread Master Dip****, I mean Raptus. I originally tried avoiding taking hits to help the healers out, but occasionally I found myself getting lifted and couldn't figure out why.

Now, since this last patch & I cannot explain why, Kiters have seemed to be getting Soa'd a lot more using these same methods which I described which I can tell you for certain before last patch I was never Soa'd once on live kiting on my Sniper (I have not kited since my Dread Master title Run). I have seen many other kiters using my method with taunting Raptus & still getting lifted, although it is on very rare occasion. Is this recoverable? Absolutely as long as the person who has secondary threat on Raptus is aware they do. Is it annoying that this isn't working as it did when it was release/PTS testing? A bit yeah, but there are some more annoying thing about this fight then a Kiter being Soa'd for 10 seconds.

Kryand
07.21.2014 , 10:40 PM | #373
Our kiter has tried pretty much everything using all sorts of threat tricks, and just when one idea seems to be working, he will suddenly be Soa'd. Thankully Raptus always either goes on the Merc healer or other RDPS, both of whom have no trouble occupying Raptus until the kiter gets back, so we almost never wipe just because of the kiter getting Soa'd. Still, it's pretty annoying that that's a thing.

On the other hand, we have had a few wipes where a tank gets Soa'd. Sometimes it's immediately at the start, but the Bestia tank found out exactly what was causing that. However, we have had incredibly idiotic instances of a tank getting Soa'd when we're most of the way finished with phase 1. I don't even care if there's some secret way of preventing it, that absolutely should not be a thing and is the dumbest instance of RNG that I have ever seen in this game. While we can control the bosses with an immediate DPS taunt reaction until the tank comes down, the healing is already so intense in that part of the fight that recovery is unlikely without some lucky crit heals.
Jedi Covenant - Conqueror, Deposer, Gate Crasher, Dread Master, etc. etc.
The Vail Legacy - GM of Torva Nex
Stream - Referral

Magvay
07.22.2014 , 07:11 AM | #374
But did you saw a bug, when after kiter getting soad, Raptus abilities pattern become broken?

invertioN
07.22.2014 , 07:39 AM | #375
But did you saw a bug, when after kiter getting soad, Raptus abilities pattern become broken?
yes it happens
Dread Master Adixia, Red Eclipse EU

SnickerJew
07.22.2014 , 08:04 AM | #376
It's not necessarily a bug, this exact thing could happen on HM as well. What happens is, if you out range Raptus (30m is my guess) the pattern can completely change, but to a set 2nd pattern every time (as soon as he stops spinning he'll pop his knockback). This is also 100% recoverable & manageable.

Magvay
07.22.2014 , 03:15 PM | #377
Thanks for all your feedback

umbak
07.22.2014 , 07:11 PM | #378
Can confirm, taking hits from Raptus seems to prevent the kiter being targeted by force cyclone. Whether this is due to range (which can certainly **** the timings) or by keeping Raptus engaged I cannot say.

Tanks getting targeted is due to swaps been slow or fudged (thus both Bestia and Calph targeting the same tank at the time of selection, which seems to be 10s plus before the cast). At least in my experience this is the cause, counting down the taunts, Calph>Bestia first, seems to eliminate the issue.
Dostus/Maloney/Maoulkrieger - Drop it like it's Hoth EU Red Eclipse
http://dilih.eu/

ZentheSecond
07.23.2014 , 08:11 AM | #379
This seems like a good place to ask this and if its not my apologies;

For Raptus in his single fight, once he goes to 40% and starts his Spinning Attack. What determines his final target? Is the tank who had aggro at the start of the cast or the end of the cast? Trying to determine how to set him to always come back to me so I can make use of phase wall to help out range his spin damage.
-- Hanakoo - Powertech - DPS/Tank --
-- Natsumii - Assassin - Tank --
-- Kaijìn - Sniper - DPS --

Kryand
07.23.2014 , 08:56 AM | #380
Quote: Originally Posted by ZentheSecond View Post
For Raptus in his single fight, once he goes to 40% and starts his Spinning Attack. What determines his final target? Is the tank who had aggro at the start of the cast or the end of the cast? Trying to determine how to set him to always come back to me so I can make use of phase wall to help out range his spin damage.
I believe so.

Quote: Originally Posted by umbak View Post
Tanks getting targeted is due to swaps been slow or fudged (thus both Bestia and Calph targeting the same tank at the time of selection, which seems to be 10s plus before the cast). At least in my experience this is the cause, counting down the taunts, Calph>Bestia first, seems to eliminate the issue.
Not sure about that. When our tank was getting Soa'd at the start, it happened every time he generated massive threat on Bestia. He's the one who pulls, he never loses threat on Bestia since no one else is attacking her, and the Soa happens before the tanks would ever normally swap. If he holds back and only hits her little bit, he never gets Soa'd at the start. So at the very least, the first Soa might be entirely based on overall threat, and there's definitely nothing at all stopping it from targeting a tank.

Our kiter had a similar idea, because he was almost always the first one Soa'd when he put out all of his DoTs at the start on multiple targets, putting him at the top of the early threat meter. But sometimes he wouldn't be, and sometimes he'd be Soa'd first even if he held back his threat.
Jedi Covenant - Conqueror, Deposer, Gate Crasher, Dread Master, etc. etc.
The Vail Legacy - GM of Torva Nex
Stream - Referral