Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

calphayus SM exploit

Ehbuse
07.16.2014 , 01:48 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by jrwellworth View Post
..... I wasn't trying to oust his authorita ......

beefcake

jrwellworth
07.16.2014 , 02:06 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ehbuse View Post
beefcake
Ah, someone gets it. A better, funnier cartoon personality you would be hard pressed to find. Beefcake indeed!
As I go through life, the one lesson I will be sure to impart on my progeny is to make sure you can always take a sht at bestbuy.
Sandari-55 (kinetic combat) + asstd. Alts
Guild Leader-<Order Of Heroes>Dread Slayer- B.C.

grrrly
07.17.2014 , 12:18 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
pugs continue to go all left during the first portal phase, i think this is an exploit
It's laziness. People just want a fast run and can't be bothered explaining fights to new people - although with this "strategy" being used so often I am quite sure most people actually think it's how the fight is meant to be done so the raid leader wouldn't have a clue what's meant to happen on the other side anyway.

This doesn't annoy me as much as the "super group" strategy for Oasis City though. I've been in groups where most of the members have only ever sat behind waiting while other people have done the work, so there hasn't been enough people there who actually know the fights to form a "super group" anyway and this results in as many wipes as it would have if everyone had participated.

Yeah, it's only story mode but people aren't getting a chance to learn anything, they aren't getting to enjoy the full experience, and they won't have any understanding of the basic fights if they go into HM. Whether you see it as an exploit or not, I think it's a shame that SM ops are so often just about getting fast ultimate comms. Some people are there for the experience and to have fun.

Kryand
07.17.2014 , 03:07 AM | #24
My favorite thing about the "super-group" Oasis strat is the fact that the ones who insist on doing it are always story-mode heroes who have never even cleared the instance on hard mode, and they think they should be in the "super-group" when there are members of the group with Dragonslayer standing right in front of them. In fact, my favorite part of any SM op is the guy who thinks he's the expert because he's done SM 50 times, even though he's never killed any boss on HM.
Keshaerys, Ataraxia, Verachte, Kill, British, Bigstuff, Critbuff, Lightsaber, Sehar, Know, Other, Radii, Keshćrys, Take

Griad
07.17.2014 , 03:51 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kryand View Post
My favorite thing about the "super-group" Oasis strat is the fact that the ones who insist on doing it are always story-mode heroes who have never even cleared the instance on hard mode, and they think they should be in the "super-group" when there are members of the group with Dragonslayer standing right in front of them. In fact, my favorite part of any SM op is the guy who thinks he's the expert because he's done SM 50 times, even though he's never killed any boss on HM.
Hehe have to agree seen this alot of times, even with half the raid comprised of our NIM progression raiders haha
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

Gardimuer
07.17.2014 , 09:30 AM | #26
The "super group" and "all left" strategies became popular because 90% of the time pugs wipe when they are required to actually use their brains to target something specific or avoid pulling mobs. I have been in multiple groups for DP or S&V where people caused wipes due to not following the actual correct mechanics when they were fully explained in exacting detail.

Pug raid leaders know from experience that the only way to guarantee no wipes is to remove all intelligence requirements from the equation. This is why the "super group" and "all left" strategies are done. "This is why we can't have nice things." It's not because raid leaders are too lazy to explain, it's because the pugs don't follow directions even with an explanation.

JouerTue
07.17.2014 , 09:51 AM | #27
i agree that ''exploit'' in this case is too much, but it's that kind of things that make the gap between SM and the other difficulties too large imo, if someone understanding the ops does this to be faster i can understand, but when it comes to carry bad players, i think it's better to wipe and have them learn and stop the carrying. at the same way i won't taunt back calphayus from a dps who ripped him off me while i dps adds/crystal( i always do max threat on the boss when there's nothing else to attack, not that i'm slacking to have people die). i could see this as a way to down the boss after one or two wipes, but it shouldn't be something to be done at first.

i also don't like the super group at SnV and if happens i prefere to be in the slacking group and explain the fight(if any SnV survives thrasher's early weekly these days).

they are both something to be fixed i think. too much easy life for a raid. also draxus puzzle should be effective in any difficulty mode.

these cases feel like a TfB run where you skip half of the trash, it's an annoying part if you go in for comms or farming some gear for alts or new guildies, but the content should work as intended..the tyrans adds were fixed, now you can cc all of them and skip them, and that's something doable if you have a certain set up(three stealthers), but certainly the previous mechanic of going inside with aggro and loose it once all the players reached the arena was something needing for a fix..
The Red Eclipse
Republic: anstacav, giranda, hobogo, vitulal, wasiq, zadoro, onovidi
Empire: astutillo, comel'am, covamo, heksebo, qarrarr, dadietr
The Harbringer- Republic: hobogo; Empire: qarrarr

fire-breath
07.17.2014 , 11:57 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
pugs continue to go all left during the first portal phase, i think this is an exploit, take away the hint to plant the seed, or put portal lock debuff in SM aswell. story mode is already easy, this is retarded..and sad: all these uber op dps with l33t numbers and super expensive outfits and mounts are scared by a small add casting mass affliction? it's horrible everytime.
i won't dish a drop of dps or heals everytime i'll be on left without that being my role..
Is this an exploit too than?
- Burning DP council 1 by 1 in 1st phase
- Burning DP council bestia in 3rd phase and disregard the rest (4th phase starts just at the moment they finish their cast)
- Stacking up all adds on top op bestia to AoE them
or
- Pulling adds away from bestia and just burn bestia down
- Not jumping down when you get a Tyrans simplificdation (technicly its a mechanic you could use (dumb one for SM but still possible))
- standing against the throne to prevent knockback (instead of being a man and evade the cast)
- sentinel dps entering tankchallenge just for lolz
- commando/scoundrel/sage dps helping out with the healer challenge
- Nevra SM is so easy it should be considered an exploit al together
- ignoring pipeslam of grobbie and just take the slamdamage+pushback
- stacking up on czero on HM in order to negate the mine
- skipping the 1st droid at brontes (which a lousy and utterly stupid tactic if I may say so, dps is high enough to kill it so freaking kill it instead of letting it go bang and risk a low HP person to fall dead)
- sending up every single dps to the top at trasher so you only need 1 roar (mostly HM)
- doing oasis city with 1 uberduber team of the 2(or 4) best geared
- olok the shadow 'just click purple' tactic instead of solving the puzzle
- solo tanking EV, TfB, Scum, DF and DP (meaning bring 5 dps)
- solo healing the **** so you have 6 dps
- knocking out adds at EC firebrand/sc so herptyderpty AoE dps won't kill the shield/bombadd

Hmmmm seems I had some inspiration here. Anyways, some examples may be better than others but I guess you get the gist of ignoring intended mechanics or making smart use of implemented skills.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger Sărăh - Shadow Tank
TRE PvP toon
Ishmaldo - Sage healer

JacksonMo
07.21.2014 , 09:54 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Is this an exploit too than?
- Burning DP council 1 by 1 in 1st phase
- Burning DP council bestia in 3rd phase and disregard the rest (4th phase starts just at the moment they finish their cast)
- Stacking up all adds on top op bestia to AoE them
or
- Pulling adds away from bestia and just burn bestia down
- Not jumping down when you get a Tyrans simplificdation (technicly its a mechanic you could use (dumb one for SM but still possible))
- standing against the throne to prevent knockback (instead of being a man and evade the cast)
- sentinel dps entering tankchallenge just for lolz
- commando/scoundrel/sage dps helping out with the healer challenge
- Nevra SM is so easy it should be considered an exploit al together
- ignoring pipeslam of grobbie and just take the slamdamage+pushback
- stacking up on czero on HM in order to negate the mine
- skipping the 1st droid at brontes (which a lousy and utterly stupid tactic if I may say so, dps is high enough to kill it so freaking kill it instead of letting it go bang and risk a low HP person to fall dead)
- sending up every single dps to the top at trasher so you only need 1 roar (mostly HM)
- doing oasis city with 1 uberduber team of the 2(or 4) best geared
- olok the shadow 'just click purple' tactic instead of solving the puzzle
- solo tanking EV, TfB, Scum, DF and DP (meaning bring 5 dps)
- solo healing the **** so you have 6 dps
- knocking out adds at EC firebrand/sc so herptyderpty AoE dps won't kill the shield/bombadd

Hmmmm seems I had some inspiration here. Anyways, some examples may be better than others but I guess you get the gist of ignoring intended mechanics or making smart use of implemented skills.
This!!
There is not some magical One and Only strategy to doing an op. The challenge is to find one that works. And making the fight harder by pretending it's HM so casual players, who don't have the time or inclination to commit to a progression raiding group, can learn the strategy only makes the fight harder.

FlyinSpaghetti
07.24.2014 , 12:14 AM | #30
It's no exploit, it's just there's no mechanic to force you into doing it in SM. Unfortunately game guides don't mention that due to SM being more irrelevant so when people follow them they don't question the fact they are actually following the HM rules.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!