Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chillshock
07.16.2014 , 05:56 AM | #851
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
... I do get tired of skipping the cut-scene every time and being required to press Space Bar just to load the map.
Isn't there an option that was added to auto-skip cinematics?

Deewe
07.16.2014 , 08:32 AM | #852
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
I do get tired of skipping the cut-scene every time and being required to press Space Bar just to load the map.
A toggle to only bypass the WZ cut-scene has been asked so many times...

Add this along the feature to also be able to queue to specific WZ instead of being obliged to /quit the ones we don't like or try to enjoy them not to hinder others players...

Sarkos
07.16.2014 , 08:39 AM | #853
here is an idea that i believe would help both sides have a more....neutral...winning chance :

Separate premade groups from random pug pvp queues. I believe it is sad for a certain side to get dominated just because a random group of strangers are set up against an organized team that rule the whole match from the first seconds.

Just my 2 creds. Cheers
- '' I suggest a new strategy, Ray. Let EA win. ''

Anyakaschala
07.16.2014 , 02:44 PM | #854
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarkos View Post
here is an idea that i believe would help both sides have a more....neutral...winning chance :

Separate premade groups from random pug pvp queues. I believe it is sad for a certain side to get dominated just because a random group of strangers are set up against an organized team that rule the whole match from the first seconds.

Just my 2 creds. Cheers
2 points to this, what's to stop you from doing that yourself. Having a pre-made isn't necessarily what you think it is as well. A lot of times it's just as simple as guildies grouping for pvp dailies, no vent, no coordination, just pvp.

add that, one of the basic rules of pvp in this type of environment is communication. If yo uare going to have any chance of winning you must have that. Lack of of that, and you are doomed to failure. Thus understanding that at least half of all pre-mades aren't very good, then you just have to be better than them. Which just means being able to communicate. if you go in thinking you're against a pre-made and you're gonna lose, then chances are that will happen. Even further, you can typically tell if people are communicating via voice chat. Coordination is quicker and less. What I mean by this is calling out for help at pylon and if you're not in a voice chat, 5 people come running to kill one person. doing that in voice chat and only 1 or 2 people come.

Yamahara
07.17.2014 , 12:51 AM | #855
Here is a good idea..Unranked solo arenas and unranked solo queue arenas. SO PEOPLE CAN PRACTICE and get better!
Lukewarm Tauntauns Former GM. Currently regstar.

Nephthys

Anyakaschala
07.17.2014 , 03:13 AM | #856
Quote: Originally Posted by Yamahara View Post
Here is a good idea..Unranked solo arenas and unranked solo queue arenas. SO PEOPLE CAN PRACTICE and get better!
I agree. There needs to be a place where people can practice and get better. It could potentially solve a couple of issues as well.

for example: one of the big qq's is pre-mades in unranked. Well, if a ranked type player and team want to actually get better, then they need to play together. They need to learn each others tendencies and work out strategies. Just going into a ranked arena cold isn't the smartest way to do things.

Thus, if there is a place to practice, say a non-rated ranked pvp, I think you'd get good players, teams, pre-mades etc... to join. It would make for better matches, learning, and fun. Basically a place where you don't have to risk your ranking to play a good match. And again, it could potentially take a lot of pre-mades out of standard unranked, and possibly end a lot of the qq about it.

In terms of definition - I've posted this before - but I would say any ranked match means min of 2018 expertise, non-bolstered, pre-req of an advanced class with all talent points used. Thus the definition of a non-rated ranked match means everyone is in full pvp gear, no bolster allowed.

Anyakaschala
07.23.2014 , 05:03 PM | #857
I'd love to see some kind of objective based pvp battle matching a group trying to take a sides flagship.

blackknghtofnacl
10.09.2014 , 08:09 AM | #858
How about something like Huttball but on Hoth and make it a hockey game. Instead of being able to keep the ball and run with it you have to either go slow with it or hit it hard.

Technohic
10.09.2014 , 08:24 AM | #859
I wonder why this thread was ever started. Seems like 3.0 would have been the place to have actually used one of these ideas or their own take on it.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

Groncho
10.09.2014 , 09:25 AM | #860
7 NEW MAPS in 4.8.1b

NAH
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=