Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Storage?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
07.16.2014 , 03:47 PM | #151 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Alright folks, round 2! From what I can tell there were two big questions still on the table and here they are:

Can I place BoP items in my Legacy storage?
As of Game Update 2.9, you cannot place or "transfer" BoP items through your Legacy storage. I will say that this issue is something that we will continue to discuss internally and could potentially change in the future.

Can I access my crafting materials from Legacy storage?
Yes you can! The way it will work is that when you go to craft something, your materials will be pulled in this priority order: Inventory, Cargo, Legacy storage.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Darth_Wicked
07.16.2014 , 03:48 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Alright folks, round 2! From what I can tell there were two big questions still on the table and here they are:

As of Game Update 2.9, you cannot place or "transfer" BoP items through your Legacy storage. I will say that this issue is something that we will continue to discuss internally and could potentially change in the future.

Yes you can! The way it will work is that when you go to craft something, your materials will be pulled in this priority order: Inventory, Cargo, Legacy storage.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
FRAKKING WIN.

Thank you very, very much.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan and Meetra Surik
She was a great Jedi. My most trusted ally. History remembers her as the Exile. To me, she was... more.

Anaesha
07.16.2014 , 03:50 PM | #153

Thanks everyone!

-eric
Sweet another debate put to rest! I can live with no BoP legacy transfers since I know it hasn't been ruled out completely.
“He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have.” ― Socrates

Darth_Wicked
07.16.2014 , 03:53 PM | #154

Thanks everyone!

-eric
If I may Eric, can you check this thread of mine and tell us there or here if the Legacy Storage will be more akin to a Cargo Hold or Guild Bank?

As I mention there...
Quote: Originally Posted by The G-Man
  • Cargo Holds come with a bay that includes 80(!) slots, apparently the same kind of deal we'll be getting with the Legacy bank. Dunno if it will be possible to both deposit and withdraw credits, name different bays, select an image thumbnail for each one, etc etc.
Quote: Originally Posted by The G-Man
  • Guild Banks comes with a bay that includes 90(!!!) slots, the ability to both deposit and withdraw credits, name bays, select an image thumbnail for each one, etc etc.
Which will be more similar to the Legacy Storage? Can you guys clarify at this point?
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link )
She was a great Jedi. My most trusted ally. History remembers her as the Exile. To me, she was... more.

Jeweledleah
07.16.2014 , 04:00 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
If I may Eric, can you check this thread of mine and tell us there or here if the Legacy Storage will be more akin to a Cargo Hold or Guild Bank?

As I mention there...

Which will be more similar to the Legacy Storage? Can you guys clarify at this point?
I'm just guessing, but since you can craft from a cargohold, but cannot craft from guild bank... probably more like cargohold. but official answer would be nice.

Darth_Wicked
07.16.2014 , 04:02 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
I'm just guessing, but since you can craft from a cargohold, but cannot craft from guild bank... probably more like cargohold. but official answer would be nice.
That's what I'm fearing, plus the fact it has the exact same number of slots that a cargo hold has. At the very least, the ability to both deposit and withdraw credits would be extremely advantageous.

Brasandus
07.16.2014 , 04:03 PM | #157
.., you cannot place or "transfer" BoP items through your Legacy storage.
In this case I do not see any use for the bank at all.
Totally useless feature like the rest of the Patch.

MishraArtificer
07.16.2014 , 04:04 PM | #158

Thanks everyone!

-eric
Guess I'll keep my Longshots for now, then. I bought a few of them on my Imperial characters when it was announced that the Tionese/Columi/Rakata vendors were going away once 2.0 and Rise of the Hutt Cartel dropped.

You know, it wouldn't be a bad idea for those old vendors to make an appearance again...maybe for Classic commendations...maybe put them in the Cartel Bazaar...just something to think about.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Darth_Wicked
07.16.2014 , 04:05 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Brasandus View Post
Bound to Legacy ≠ Bound on Pickup

Truth be told, it's not their fault that people have an issue distinguishing between the two.

micnevv
07.16.2014 , 04:06 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by Brasandus View Post
I wouldn't say the entire patch is totally useless, but the lack of Fleet chat in houses coupled with this news is making housing less useful than I'd like it to be.

So here are my main points on this problem ;

- I only craft Stims/Grenades for myself. Nothing else.

- I already use legacy gear to transfer mods. So the excuse of being able to bypass endgame on alts is pointless.

So it's pretty obvious that legacy storage is made for crafters/traders.