Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Min/max pvp Obroan pvp gear for marauder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Min/max pvp Obroan pvp gear for marauder

FlatOut_nlF
07.15.2014 , 03:05 PM | #1
What stas should i aim for? Accuracy,crit and surge for annihilation/carnage marauder?(atm in annhi, it seems better for some reason) Also read that power augments better for pvp, is that true? I`ll be the best if some one gives me his askmrrobot profile

Tevzz
07.15.2014 , 03:38 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by FlatOut_nlF View Post
What stas should i aim for? Accuracy,crit and surge for annihilation/carnage marauder?(atm in annhi, it seems better for some reason) Also read that power augments better for pvp, is that true? I`ll be the best if some one gives me his askmrrobot profile
This is what I run when playing watchman sentinel/Annihilation Mara. For Carnage I use the same gear setup, full power surge with no accuracy in gear because in Carnage the skill tree itself gives you enough accuracy.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...d-3d6f622542a1

You want power augments and you also want to have advanced deft mods 29X in every slot.
Vanov - CarnageVanv - VengeanceDarrthvanov - DeceptionVnv - FocusVa'nov - APVnov - Concealment
The Shadowlands - Reading Rainbow - Triumph

FlatOut_nlF
07.16.2014 , 05:42 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tevzz View Post
This is what I run when playing watchman sentinel/Annihilation Mara. For Carnage I use the same gear setup, full power surge with no accuracy in gear because in Carnage the skill tree itself gives you enough accuracy.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...d-3d6f622542a1

You want power augments and you also want to have advanced deft mods 29X in every slot.
Why no crit ranting and no accuracy??

theUndead
07.16.2014 , 05:46 AM | #4
Why no crit ranting and no accuracy??
Because crit and accuracy are not what is needed. Instead its power surge.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

chillshock
07.16.2014 , 05:47 AM | #5
I'd take the same, just with end/str augments. Matter of taste.

And accuracy and crit... as carnage. He already said why you don't need accuracy. And crit... I simply state: it's ok, but inferior to power/surge.

FlatOut_nlF
07.16.2014 , 06:18 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by chillshock View Post
I'd take the same, just with end/str augments. Matter of taste.

And accuracy and crit... as carnage. He already said why you don't need accuracy. And crit... I simply state: it's ok, but inferior to power/surge.
I enjoy more annihilation, so for annhi go also for power and surge with no crit and acc?

chillshock
07.16.2014 , 06:37 AM | #7
Sorry - haven't looked at minmaxing anni for a while.

Ld-Siris
07.16.2014 , 09:38 AM | #8
The difference in main stat vs power to dmg output is very minimal. getting more main stat however will also raise your crit and dmg at the same time..
http://www.twitch.tv/ldsiris
Server: The Bastion / PVPer
Slexa: OP Heals / Vlexia: Deception Assassin / Sirris: Carnage Marauder / Furria: Vengeance Juggernaut / Vlara: Arsenal Mercenary / Vlira: Hybrid Sorcerer

Vodrin
07.16.2014 , 09:58 AM | #9
I enjoy more annihilation, so for annhi go also for power and surge with no crit and acc?
I run two pieces with accuracy for a watchman build as I had wiffing on sorcs and PT's when they pop flares. Otherwise everything is power surge. Crit rating just does not have the same return as power. If you stack max crit you hit 28% crit chance but loose more than 200 bonus melee and force damage. This actually drops your DPS, and DPS increases steadily as you add power. You can make a strong argument despite what I am doing that any build with a crit boost to certain skills (Watchman with DoT's), and any build with an auto crit (combat) should purely stack power as a secondary stat.

Tevzz
07.16.2014 , 08:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Vodrin View Post
I run two pieces with accuracy for a watchman build as I had wiffing on sorcs and PT's when they pop flares.
I believe you're at 94% accuracy without any accuracy in your gear if you have the companion buff and if you take the 3% accuracy in Combat no?
Vanov - CarnageVanv - VengeanceDarrthvanov - DeceptionVnv - FocusVa'nov - APVnov - Concealment
The Shadowlands - Reading Rainbow - Triumph