Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder PVP Question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Marauder PVP Question

sirullrich
07.15.2014 , 02:23 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by chosonman View Post
55 in FOTM classes? Bro I have 55 in ALL classes. Why don't you level your Sentinel first before opening your mouth again to tell us about how great the class is in PVP.
How many times do I have to say it. I have a 55 sent and a level 14 marauder. My level 55 sent is 1700 rating bro. Once again which class are you good at again?

chosonman
07.15.2014 , 02:28 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by sirullrich View Post
Come back after you have more than 1 win and 1058 rating on your fotm guardian. LOL You have 55's in all of the fotm classses and you suck with all of them. LOL
55 in FOTM classes? Bro I have 55 in ALL classes. Why don't you level your Sentinel first before opening your mouth again to tell us about how great the class is in PVP.
Sun-Sin | Jihyea | Sejong | Jisun
Jung Ma | Ebon Hawk
<Lee Legacy >
Referral - free character transfer

Tevzz
07.15.2014 , 02:39 PM | #23
I'm not saying my marauder is OP what I'm saying 300k is terrible for any 55 dps class and 500k dps for a level 55 is average at best.
I'd take a DPS sin who capped the enemy pylon twice and ended up with 200k dmg over the "leet pro" Carnage Marauder who was whacking on a guarded sorc healer and was completely disregarded by the other team because the healer had a tank that actively taunted the Mara and interceded to the healer but got 800k...score board doesn't mean ****. Especially in games with 3-4 healers on each side where nobody dies and you can rack up numbers faster than you can blink :O
Vanov - CarnageVanv - VengeanceDarrthvanov - DeceptionVnv - FocusVa'nov - APVnov - Concealment
The Shadowlands - Reading Rainbow - Triumph

sirullrich
07.15.2014 , 02:45 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Tevzz View Post
I'd take a DPS sin who capped the enemy pylon twice and ended up with 200k dmg over the "leet pro" Carnage Marauder who was whacking on a guarded sorc healer and was completely disregarded by the other team because the healer had a tank that actively taunted the Mara and interceded to the healer but got 800k...score board doesn't mean ****. Especially in games with 3-4 healers on each side where nobody dies and you can rack up numbers faster than you can blink :O
You are talking about one scenario and majority of the time the sin who tries to sap cap will not do it consistently. If we are talking about AH if you fail to sap cap he is a detriment to the team. Feeding them kills and making mid fight one man short. Basically 7v6 the whole time. CW most sins who try to sap cap think it's a good idea to hold the grass and snow when the distances between the two are furthest apart. Once again making the team fight handicapped at mid. NC does not apply cuz you cannot sap cap in NC. You don't have enough time.

Tevzz
07.15.2014 , 02:55 PM | #25
You are talking about one scenario and majority of the time the sin who tries to sap cap will not do it consistently. If we are talking about AH if you fail to sap cap he is a detriment to the team. Feeding them kills and making mid fight one man short. Basically 7v6 the whole time. CW most sins who try to sap cap think it's a good idea to hold the grass and snow when the distances between the two are furthest apart. Once again making the team fight handicapped at mid. NC does not apply cuz you cannot sap cap in NC. You don't have enough time.
Yes, but a DPS whacking on a guarded healer and constantly getting taunted isn't better. I definitely agree for the Civil War Scenario though, Snow & Grass is terrible to hold and this is exactly why even if somebody stealth caps I urge my team to try and get mid, even if we have to lose the enemy team's off node.
Vanov - CarnageVanv - VengeanceDarrthvanov - DeceptionVnv - FocusVa'nov - APVnov - Concealment

sirullrich
07.15.2014 , 02:59 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tevzz View Post
Yes, but a DPS whacking on a guarded healer and constantly getting taunted isn't better. I definitely agree for the Civil War Scenario though, Snow & Grass is terrible to hold and this is exactly why even if somebody stealth caps I urge my team to try and get mid, even if we have to lose the enemy team's off node.
Yeah I know and I wouldn't whack the guarded healer. Doing real damage is what I'm talking about not some noob who tunnels the whole game and wonders why his numbers suck. The thing about your scenario is that same dude who sapped cap will continue to sap cap even if you have 2 nodes.

Tevzz
07.15.2014 , 03:40 PM | #27
The thing about your scenario is that same dude who sapped cap will continue to sap cap even if you have 2 nodes.
Yeah...that really frustrates me...I mean if we have two nodes...you don't need a third one. He'd do a better job by staying as a second defender in case an enemy tries to stealth cap than go and try to get a triple cap...

Cjirucha
07.15.2014 , 04:29 PM | #28
Sorry bro. Didn't mean to come off like a ******* to you OP. This guy Chosonman is not giving you good advice man. If you are playing mara your first job or role is to dps. For example NC and CW it is more important to wipe them off the node so you can cap rather than trying to cap while people are alive. When you have a node it is easier to stop from getting capped if you overwhelm your enemy. Once again damage is needed.

VS if the match goes both rounds without anybody taking any doors it goes by killls and believe me majority of the time the team with the most damage gets the most kills. AH kills are more important than orbs and people still give up mid for orbs. Both huttballs it is important to control mid which means some of your teamates have to just kill the crap out of people where the ball spawns. With all this being said doing damage is an objective otherwise why get medals for damage out put.
I feel ya. Thanks for the advice! For now I'm just going to let you two hash it out haha

AngusFTW
07.15.2014 , 07:35 PM | #29
in serious though.. mara should be aiming for at least 1k+ dps a game.. (ignore dmg, look at dmg per second) and thats being.. conservative
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

sirullrich
07.15.2014 , 07:44 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by angusftw View Post
in serious though.. Mara should be aiming for at least 1k+ dps a game.. (ignore dmg, look at dmg per second) and thats being.. Conservative
exactly!!!!