Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Storage?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
07.15.2014 , 11:40 AM | #21 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
I think something on many players' minds is the details of Legacy Storage. While you're being so kind and answering questions, could you give details about the functionality of Legacy Storage?
I think we are closer to a place that we can start throwing out more details. Let me see what I can do, I will try to get some answers back today.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Infernixx
07.15.2014 , 11:43 AM | #22
Good news!
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

ikinai
07.15.2014 , 11:45 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Good news!
You got the slime pipes flowing again?

Erm I mean, yeehaw! Letsa see what this here legacy storage stuff is all about.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

Jeweledleah
07.15.2014 , 11:55 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post

you know, I actualy heard it in his voice? oh god, that fight :P brings back memories...

well
07.15.2014 , 12:03 PM | #25
I think we are closer to a place that we can start throwing out more details. Let me see what I can do, I will try to get some answers back today.

-eric
Thank you. That would be really appreciated.

Warrgames
07.15.2014 , 12:06 PM | #26

-eric
Thanks Eric, knew we could count on you.
"Such minds. Such fertile grounds." Dread Master Raptus
You were just told you have **** for brains by a Dread Master.

Darth_Wicked
07.15.2014 , 12:19 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post

Ikinai, your bizarre praise makes it all worthwhile.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by Guss This: A Failed Padawan Story
Have you heard this one? "There once was a Mon Cal from Dac. He wore a jetpack on his back..."
"He liked to shoot blasters, and fly even faster. He was a Mando-Cal attack."

EricMusco
07.15.2014 , 02:41 PM | #28 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

I know there are a few questions surrounding Legacy storage and although I can't answer everything here are some of the bigger answers:

How do I get Legacy storage?
You will get Legacy storage for free with the completion of the "Introduction to Strongholds Mission" upon acquiring your first Stronghold. Legacy storage will also be craftable and is possible to appear on the Cartel Market. (In both cases this means it would be available on the GTN for credits as well)

If I add another Legacy storage to my Stronghold, does this add more storage space?
It does not. Adding more Legacy storage "units" will simply add another access point, similar to how the cargo hold works right now. You can increase the size by adding more bays (more in the next answer).

How big will it be?
Legacy storage comes, by default, with one bay unlocked. That bay will have 80 slots in it. You will be able to purchase additional bays with credits or Cartel Coins.

Can I transfer Bind on Pickup (BoP) items through my Legacy Storage?
This is still being worked on/decided in development. We should have an answer on this soon™.

I hope that answers most of the bigger questions you have.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Warrgames
07.15.2014 , 02:43 PM | #29
Hey folks,

I know there are a few questions surrounding Legacy storage and although I can't answer everything here are some of the bigger answers:

You will get Legacy storage for free with the completion of the "Introduction to Strongholds Mission" upon acquiring your first Stronghold. Legacy storage will also be craftable and is possible to appear on the Cartel Market. (In both cases this means it would be available on the GTN for credits as well)

If I add another Legacy storage to my Stronghold, does this add more storage space?
It does not. Adding more Legacy storage "units" will simply add another access point, similar to how the cargo hold works right now. You can increase the size by adding more bays (more in the next answer).

How big will it be?
Legacy storage comes, by default, with one bay unlocked. That bay will have 80 slots in it. You will be able to purchase additional bays with credits or Cartel Coins.

This is still being worked on/decided in development. We should have an answer on this soon™.

-eric
Thanks Eric
"Such minds. Such fertile grounds." Dread Master Raptus
You were just told you have **** for brains by a Dread Master.

Anaesha
07.15.2014 , 02:44 PM | #30
Hey folks,

How big will it be?

-eric
Thanks for the info about LS. I really can't wait for GSH to come out.
“He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have.” ― Socrates