Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Will the players be able to park their ships on the strongholds?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will the players be able to park their ships on the strongholds?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

undiess's Avatar


undiess
07.15.2014 , 10:32 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I want to highlight this post as everything DarthDymond said is correct. One quick clarification is that the option to travel directly to your ship is a subscriber only perk. Thanks!

-eric
As a subscriber, I feel that the nickle and diming there is unnecessary considering someone will be spending cartel coins on so much other stuff for the strong hold. It's amazing that it's seen as a great business model to nickle and dime that much in this game. I get that profitablity is key in every spot an "unlock" is added, but this game is the worst example of nickle and diming in the F2P market.

DarthDymond's Avatar


DarthDymond
07.15.2014 , 10:37 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Can we travel directly to our stronghold from our ship, though? How do we get home???
You can insta-travel to your Stronghold from anywhere, it's an option just like queueing for a Flashpoint or Warzone (without a queue wait obviously).

One of the travel options when you leave your SH will be to travel back to wherever you left from (again like when you exit a FP/WZ).
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
07.15.2014 , 10:45 AM | #33 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Kantaso View Post
Oh, I think... I am going to faint.... a dev post on one of my topics.......
Don't faint Kantaso, we're all friends here

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
You can insta-travel to your Stronghold from anywhere, it's an option just like queueing for a Flashpoint or Warzone (without a queue wait obviously).

One of the travel options when you leave your SH will be to travel back to wherever you left from (again like when you exit a FP/WZ).
This ^. Dymond has this thread on lockdown, like a bawss.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Rankyn's Avatar


Rankyn
07.15.2014 , 10:48 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by undiess View Post
As a subscriber, I feel that the nickle and diming there is unnecessary considering someone will be spending cartel coins on so much other stuff for the strong hold.
There's an old saying goes "they won't buy the cow if they get the milk for free."
Their goal is not to let people play the game for free.
The goal is to get people to subscribe to the game.
You do that by making the subscription option the more attractive option.

It's easy to cry 'nickel and diming' when you're not the one fiscally responsible for the business.

undiess's Avatar


undiess
07.15.2014 , 10:52 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
There's an old saying goes "they won't buy the cow if they get the milk for free."
Their goal is not to let people play the game for free.
The goal is to get people to subscribe to the game.
You do that by making the subscription option the more attractive option.

It's easy to cry 'nickel and diming' when you're not the one fiscally responsible for the business.
So you really think this is the way to make the subscription option so attractive? People will have to pay cartel coins to unlock many other aspects of the stronghold. That micro-unlock model is more frustrating than attractive and has been slammed so many times since the inception of Free To Play in SWTOR. Considering the population decline, they should definitely revisit the nickle and diming. I am a subscriber and get all these "perks" but find it disconcerning that Free To Play have that many restrictions.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
07.15.2014 , 10:54 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by undiess View Post
So you really think this is the way to make the subscription option so attractive? People will have to pay cartel coins to unlock many other aspects of the stronghold. That micro-unlock model is more frustrating than attractive and has been slammed so many times since the inception of Free To Play in SWTOR. Considering the population decline, they should definitely revisit the nickle and diming. I am a subscriber and get all these "perks" but find it disconcerning that Free To Play have that many restrictions.
It's a time saver/convenience feature...this is EXACTLY the type of thing that should be for subs.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

NYYankee's Avatar


NYYankee
07.15.2014 , 10:57 AM | #37
Eric, can you comment as to whether there will be a cooldown for the stronghold instant-travel and what that cooldown will be?

DarthDymond's Avatar


DarthDymond
07.15.2014 , 10:57 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Don't faint Kantaso, we're all friends here



This ^. Dymond has this thread on lockdown, like a bawss.

-eric
Haha, thanks Eric. I doess what I canss.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
07.15.2014 , 11:02 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by undiess View Post
So you really think this is the way to make the subscription option so attractive? People will have to pay cartel coins to unlock many other aspects of the stronghold. That micro-unlock model is more frustrating than attractive and has been slammed so many times since the inception of Free To Play in SWTOR. Considering the population decline, they should definitely revisit the nickle and diming. I am a subscriber and get all these "perks" but find it disconcerning that Free To Play have that many restrictions.
Exactly what will people HAVE to pay cartel coins to unlock when it comes to the strongholds?

Also, you need to look up what nickel and diming actually means.

GoldenHornet's Avatar


GoldenHornet
07.15.2014 , 11:29 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Also, you need to look up what nickel and diming actually means.
Yeah, nothing in the CM is that cheap. BW forgot the "micro" in microtransactions.