Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will the players be able to park their ships on the strongholds?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will the players be able to park their ships on the strongholds?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kantaso
07.15.2014 , 07:55 AM | #1
When you unlock the stronghold, can you park your ship there? Or not? I ask because in the blog one of the images of the stronghold shows what looks like a terrace where seems you could park your ship there. (Coruscant apartment small pic)
Seek and ye shall find
The Master
Like my Scottish grand father used to say, "hey lad may I haz yurrr stofff?"
Free stuff -----> http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

TheUnNamedHero
07.15.2014 , 07:55 AM | #2
Tba.........
Unless you survived the Corrupted Blood outbreak, you don't know what a game breaking bug is.

Kantaso
07.15.2014 , 07:56 AM | #3
Oh ok, thanks for the response.
Seek and ye shall find
The Master

Brat-a-tat-
07.15.2014 , 07:57 AM | #4
In the twitch feed, they showed a "garage area" that you can place your ship.

Kantaso
07.15.2014 , 07:58 AM | #5
Nice, maybe I can stop been a wanderer as long as my precious is close by.
Seek and ye shall find
The Master

DarthDymond
07.15.2014 , 07:59 AM | #6
Per the livestreams they did: A "decoration" version of your ship will be one of the things you can earn and place on the largest "hooks" (of which I think each Stronghold only has one - usually a landing pad or something like that).

It is not functional, so you can't run up the ramp and enter your ship that way, but I think one of the options for your Stronghold's main entrance is to travel directly to your ship.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

LeJarC
07.15.2014 , 08:01 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kantaso View Post
When you unlock the stronghold, can you park your ship there? Or not? I ask because in the blog one of the images of the stronghold shows what looks like a terrace where seems you could park your ship there. (Coruscant apartment small pic)
Of course not. that would have made sense. And making sense is something that is alien in this game.

No, that would have been the logical thing to expect but instead you get to buy a decorative imitation that you can park there. Fluff...pixels...nothing more, just like the interior of your ship.

Coz, you know, that would have also caused us to expect them to make cut-scenes of us landing and taking off, thus also requiring to add logic for us to be able to skip going to the spaceport/orbital station to enter a hangar/shuttle. And making cut scenes is costly both time-wise and effort-wise. Not to mention the REAL money it costs to program them

On top of that, it is also totally unbelievable to have a space ship there... since that is parked in the hangar up in the orbital station/spaceport so how could it possibly be parked outside on the pad of your stronghold...
Sorry. No referral link here. Trust me! You don't want to....
lurker mode engaged until sub runs out.

Rankyn
07.15.2014 , 08:29 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LeJarC View Post
Of course not. that would have made sense. And making sense is something that is alien in this game.
Bitter much?

As for the OP, yeah, you can't really "park your ship" there, because everything is just a decoration item.
The best you could do is decorate your stronghold with something that has the same appearance as your ship.

AlienEyeTX
07.15.2014 , 08:36 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LeJarC View Post

No, that would have been the logical thing to expect but instead you get to buy a decorative imitation that you can park there. Fluff...pixels...nothing more, just like the interior of your ship.

Coz, you know, that would have also caused us to expect them to make cut-scenes of us landing and taking off, thus also requiring to add logic for us to be able to skip going to the spaceport/orbital station to enter a hangar/shuttle. And making cut scenes is costly both time-wise and effort-wise. Not to mention the REAL money it costs to program them

On top of that, it is also totally unbelievable to have a space ship there... since that is parked in the hangar up in the orbital station/spaceport so how could it possibly be parked outside on the pad of your stronghold...
What makes you think there wouldn't be cut scenes? Just because you won't run up/down the ramp of your ship doesn't mean that they can't put in a cut scene. BUT... probably not, if your stronghold is not a direct destination from your ship. Maybe they would have one for taking off, though.

Basically, you're just whining about things that you don't even know yet. Why don't you wait until release to figure out what they did/didn't do to suit your fancy?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Heat-Wave
07.15.2014 , 08:44 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
Bitter much?

As for the OP, yeah, you can't really "park your ship" there, because everything is just a decoration item.
The best you could do is decorate your stronghold with something that has the same appearance as your ship.
Yea, this is one rason I don't care about GSH. Nothing works, it is an empty shell.

Want to impress me, make one wall a TV wall and let us view Huttball games being played in real time, or replays of our older games that we have played.