Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bring back Ranked 8 Man Queing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bring back Ranked 8 Man Queing

Captainejo
07.14.2014 , 10:25 PM | #1
We should be able to que 8 mans.
The Wiggin Legacy
Dak Attack!
Sage Scoundrel Shadow Guardian Sorc Powertech Sniper

I broke PvP

ShadowOfLies
07.15.2014 , 03:17 AM | #2
maybe in 2 years when bioware realize pvp>pve

maybe not..

but on another note here's me in the studio

HaLeX
07.15.2014 , 04:40 AM | #3
Signed. Allow 2 four man teams.

Arenas have become a que dodging que syncing mess stacked with juggs and a miscule participation rate. Make that format 1 v 1 or 2 v 2. Knowing the pvp budget is only enough for maybe 2 devs, the 2 fourman option is probably the easiest and cheapest fix for this mess they created. Plus you can always blame the other 4 man group if you lose so people won't get as butthurt and stop queuing after 2 matches. It would also add meaning to being in a guild once again and I bet many former players would come back to at least check it out.
GatorCountry GatorNation GatorUniverse POT5 SithUnited

ThorgrimLutgen
07.15.2014 , 05:20 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by HaLeX View Post
Signed. Allow 2 four man teams.

Arenas have become a que dodging que syncing mess stacked with juggs and a miscule participation rate. Make that format 1 v 1 or 2 v 2. Knowing the pvp budget is only enough for maybe 2 devs, the 2 fourman option is probably the easiest and cheapest fix for this mess they created. Plus you can always blame the other 4 man group if you lose so people won't get as butthurt and stop queuing after 2 matches. It would also add meaning to being in a guild once again and I bet many former players would come back to at least check it out.
I love the way you assume there are any devs working on pvp.

ShadowOfLies
07.15.2014 , 06:43 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ThorgrimLutgen View Post
this ^

PiRunner
07.15.2014 , 08:14 PM | #6
Guys, keep a little perspective on PvP updates. You guys get tweaks and updates all the time. Heck, you have even gotten new warzones and arenas, plus an additional huttball map that was so requested on the forums when I left.. Compare that to say, The secret world PvP, which hasn't even had a single new map. After playing TSW and having been waiting for an AFK mechanic SINCE LAUNCH I find all opinions about the slowness of other games' updates laughable.

Still, not having Ranked 8-man queing has got to be one of the stupidest things I have heard about in any MMO. Isn't the whole point being who is the best team? Before I left (i just got back by the way) I had a blast with my guild (which has now disintegrated, i'v been away a long time). I feel this was such a stupid move, there has to be something genius that I am missing; so I need some context. Why was this even removed in the first place?
Ascendi Maracadi/Blackflyer Maracadi
Remnant of Hope Guild PvP Officer
Send a Message for More Information.
Click Here to apply; any Republic or Imperial players on The Ebon Hawk.

Fidelicatessen
07.16.2014 , 02:10 AM | #7
The reason given was "nobody was using it, plus queue times were long because it took 16 players to fill a match. Instead, we've given you TEAM DEATHMATCH ONLY since that seems to make so many people so freakin' happy in other games."

I'm not bitter. Not at all.

Ancagalon
07.16.2014 , 03:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ThorgrimLutgen View Post
yep +1

Burrowa
07.16.2014 , 04:04 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowOfLies View Post
but on another note here's me in the studio
lmao /5char

Ryvirath
07.16.2014 , 04:13 AM | #10
God, just allow solo ranked 8 man queing. If nothing else those games depict a larger sample size of skill due to the increased matched duration and respawn. They also happen to be immensely more enjoyable. Competitive players have been de-incentivized straight out of the most enjoyable pvp format.
Disembrae Legacy
BiS pvper streaming all classes and specs (Returning August 2014)

Free stuff referral