Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood Toggle has been "in the works" since February, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Hood Toggle has been "in the works" since February, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DraonaiMimnov
07.14.2014 , 12:21 AM | #71
I would be happy if they added a headband that put the hood down in the CM. It'd be alot easier for them to implement probably. Has anyone found a band that puts down the hood for empire side players?

Pingonaut
07.14.2014 , 01:25 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by RandomXChance View Post
As someone who has been a player of RPG's since Wizardry 1 and D&D first edition I am big into immersion. I have played every class story with most of them twice.

YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME.

Same as the threads about dynamic day/night cycles. Well crafted interesting stories is what my immersion is about. This trend of picking a feature and claiming everyone who likes immersion must want it is absurd.
As I said in another thread:
Your immersion is my annoyance or unimportant and I am sure it goes the other way.
I'm sorry, but that post didn't make any sense to me. The post you quoted never gave any indication that I or someone else was attempting to speak for you or anybody else, and I couldn't even make out what you were attempting to say toward the end.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
They said it, right? So... I guess it's bound to happen somehow.
I think the story of Makeb was the spiritual successor to the class stories, or something like that.

Alec_Fortescue
07.14.2014 , 06:38 AM | #73
Truth remains that they never said anything about the hood toggle, which some might still believe to be in works since 2012. Nothing. Absolutely nothing apart from the mentioned, obscure q&a. Was it ever planned? If it was in works, they obviously did SOMETHING at least. Was it postponed? Was it halted ?

RandomXChance
07.14.2014 , 10:54 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Pingonaut View Post
I'm sorry, but that post didn't make any sense to me. The post you quoted never gave any indication that I or someone else was attempting to speak for you or anybody else, and I couldn't even make out what you were attempting to say toward the end.
I'd say things like color unification and hood toggle would be QoL, but that doesn't mean it is any less necessary than any other suggestion.

It seems to me that they really don't understand how important RPers are to the game and their business, or they really don't understand what they want. When I say RPers I also include those who try to get immersed in the game without RPing outwardly. Including them in the term RPer it becomes a much large audience, all of them wanting things like this to improve their immersion.
Did you miss that line there where you declare what all of those who are seeking immersion desire? For the record, nearly all players are seeking some level of immersion, that is why we are playing the game.

Immersion is fundamental to all entertainment media such as books, movies and games. The key is that what works for some does not work for others.

Savej
07.14.2014 , 11:09 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Truth remains that they never said anything about the hood toggle, which some might still believe to be in works since 2012. Nothing. Absolutely nothing apart from the mentioned, obscure q&a. Was it ever planned? If it was in works, they obviously did SOMETHING at least. Was it postponed? Was it halted ?
it was listed in a state of the game in the beginning of 2013 as being one of the incoming qol features. Then, in a video q&a a few months later, Bruce said it was "too hard" to do. That was the last I've seen of it from BW but you can't get anything more official than from Jeff or Bruce in this game.

Pingonaut
07.14.2014 , 11:52 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by RandomXChance View Post
Did you miss that line there where you declare what all of those who are seeking immersion desire? For the record, nearly all players are seeking some level of immersion, that is why we are playing the game.

Immersion is fundamental to all entertainment media such as books, movies and games. The key is that what works for some does not work for others.
"All wanting things like this to improve their immersion." You're really exaggerating with that, "I doth declare what they all desire." If you read it in an extremely literal way I suppose you could see it that way. The general idea is that things like hood toggle, an immersion improvement, is what people want to improve their immersion. I'm sorry if I offended you in some weird way.

"Things like this."

Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
it was listed in a state of the game in the beginning of 2013 as being one of the incoming qol features. Then, in a video q&a a few months later, Bruce said it was "too hard" to do. That was the last I've seen of it from BW but you can't get anything more official than from Jeff or Bruce in this game.
Was this an officially posted video or a video of a live Q&A?

dipstik
07.14.2014 , 12:41 PM | #77
this was a pet project of damion, but i think hes hung up on achievements now. im not sure when was the last time he went to a cantina, but he was pretty jazzed about hood toggle at the SF one (not the EA GSF one... he wasnt there).

i remember the 1.2 or 1.3 PTS i was able to use kalligs helm with hood up and was psyched about it going live, but when it went live, kalligs didnt allow the hood to be up, and i was super sad.

Pingonaut
07.14.2014 , 12:42 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
this was a pet project of damion, but i think hes hung up on achievements now. im not sure when was the last time he went to a cantina, but he was pretty jazzed about hood toggle at the SF one (not the EA GSF one... he wasnt there).

i remember the 1.2 or 1.3 PTS i was able to use kalligs helm with hood up and was psyched about it going live, but when it went live, kalligs didnt allow the hood to be up, and i was super sad.
When was the last time he went to a cantina? I mean how long ago?

Darth_Wicked
07.14.2014 , 01:12 PM | #79
I think the story of Makeb was the spiritual successor to the class stories, or something like that.
Then I guess double hoods in certain armor sets and characters, such as Anyarah or Darth Marr, is akin to a "hood toggle" spiritual successor.
Quote: Originally Posted by Descent
YOU MISTAKE ME FOR YOUR OWN WEAK FLESH. I DO NOT END.

EricMusco
07.14.2014 , 01:14 PM | #80 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
It has been more than two years since the game launched, and that's two years of players asking for a way to toggle the hoods on their outfits. In this Community Q&A from February 2012 we were told that the hood toggle likely be in the next major patch after Game Update 1.2. Delays are acceptable, this is not.

He even goes so far as to say that the functionality will be available for our companions, as well. This means that the feature was being tested and worked on enough to where they could release such information. If there were problems or bugs with the hood toggle option that kept it from being released, why not tell us? Why just leave us in the dark, waiting for a word about it for two years?

Why did they suddenly stop talking about it? Did they forget? Were they hoping we would forget? Just give us some explanation. Be it good or bad news it cannot be worse than knowing nothing at all.
Hey Pingonaut,

I know that hood toggle is something we have talked about intermittently at some cantina tour events but I know we haven't made a more "formal" reply about it on the forums. We know that this is a feature that some players really want to have as another method of customization for their characters. As it stands right now, this is not a feature we are actively working on. However, I can tell you that our team also has interest in this as a feature and it is something we regularly revisit to try to fit into our development schedule. Unfortunately it just isn't something that is in the cards at this time.

Hope that answers your question.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]