Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Updated: How to Become a Contender

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Updated: How to Become a Contender

05.02.2014 , 10:04 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Marxxis View Post
I cannot find this Conqueror's PvP set you mention. Is it discontinued? I checked the PvP vendor and it isn't there.
The guide has not been updated for 2.7. Brutalizar is now Obroan, and Obroan is now conqueror.
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing

05.04.2014 , 05:42 PM | #82
The guide has now been updated for 2.7. Enjoy.
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing

05.23.2014 , 11:58 PM | #83
Very well written... the hard part is the time / number of losses it takes to get the mid tier set... Most people quit pvp because of the skill disparity...
Retired Mayor of Hope Springs, Corellia, Scylla
Co-Founder of <New Hope Alliance>

05.27.2014 , 08:38 AM | #84
I did some real test and let me tell you the result are quite cool no matter if u are all green or all purple result are very similar BUT let me show you the screen shoot of

A) FULL GREEN lvl 31 (all green gear are lvl 31)

in the screen shoot i show 4 step

the real difference is mostly POWER and ENDURANCE the quantity of critical rating u can get out of purple compared to green is so small that once bolstered make no difference

what you should focus on with purple gear is to get extra endurance and power those will make a slightly difference

lvl 41 same screenshot

07.03.2014 , 05:37 PM | #85
(edit: Nevermind, found what was causing my issue)
Randomizing your forums.

07.11.2014 , 01:37 PM | #86
As a new (in the past 6 months) player who's only ventured into PvP a couple of times I found this very helpful and would probably like PvP'g more if I was in matches with people with your mindset. Unfortunately getting yelled for being a noob and not "knowing the fights" well enough really made the experience one that left me at only PvP'g a couple of times.

I understand those who are "pros" being annoyed with new players who drag them down, but if you don't let us learn and make our way... well just look at the life cycle of the typical MMO and subtract a few years. You will find your little circle being the last bastion of players on a game doomed to have the servers shut down eventually.

Only thing I could ask for is new player PvP options based on overall legacy valor(?) rating of all toons allowing newer players to play newer players up to a certain point. Allow PvP noobs the learning curve we need without being villified by pro-players who find us an annoyance to their rare air existence.

07.13.2014 , 02:23 PM | #87
Strongly suggest the following addition:

Seems you will get more from bolster than from adding a lowbie enhancement with expertise, or using a Cartel Market War Hero Crystal.

Bioware, if you are listening, you really need to stop selling people lowbie "PVP" gear with bolster the way it is. You are taking their comms and/or cartel market tokens AND SELLING THEM SOMETHING THAT HURTS THEIR PVP PERFORMANCE!!!!

BW should stop selling those items asap and put a rich vendor price on them to compensate those of us who bought this crap thinking it would be useful.

07.28.2014 , 02:24 PM | #88
I found the link to Hyergate basics lacking. Kinda sucked actually.

Another thing in that regard, and not sure if it's been posted, but

pylons > kills > cubes

If a team doesn't hold a pylon, they get no points for kills and can't run cubes. Also note here: at this point, all the kills you get in a round (the 2min round) are logged. Meaning, you kill a ton before you capture a pylon, those kills count. Thus, you do see teams do a full zerg mid, then go capture the pylon late in the round so they get the kill count.

As noted: cubes are for the most part worthless, kills are easier and can take less time if you have a good focus fire team..

2nd note: don't have 2 people try and cap, waste of manpower. If 2 people are heading there, one play defense, one cap.

07.30.2014 , 01:35 AM | #89
Hi. I just started posting some vids on a few basic points for getting set up in SWTOR and breaking down a few minor points as it applies to some of the mechanics.

Here's the first one on the UI setup as well as a quick point on hotkeys

and the 2nd one dealing with the Global cooldown

They're not uber-comprehensive but they do touch upon some of the initial concepts that you'll want to be aware of before delving in too deep.

09.01.2014 , 09:58 AM | #90
Nice tutorial, is it up to date for 2.9 ?

Here's the first one on the UI setup as well as a quick point on hotkeys

and the 2nd one dealing with the Global cooldown
Vids are not available.