Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FPS issues... I give up!

01.03.2012 , 05:09 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by danielswann View Post
Cpu averages at about 75% in warzones and everywhere else
GPU never gets over 51 degrees celsius
DDRam never goes over 60%
GPU never uses more than 40%.
I'll bet your GPU dropping clocks in to safe state, it is because CPU internal protection thinks that allowing run on 100% load will blow core. Same happen to me, after reaching certain temp core and shader clocks got dropped in to safe state. You could try lower mem clock (worked for me) buy 20-50Mhz and see, does GPU drop clocks if it gets too hot.

01.03.2012 , 05:36 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Jauris View Post
No, you shouldn't. It is the games problem, not yours.
No, there's something else going on with his system. If everyone with a comparable rig could not run the game they it would be a "game problem." Granted, the engine is not terribly efficient but I think most everyone with that type of system can run the game comfortably.

Your rig should run the game fine even at some high settings, but I have no idea what would be causing it to be unplayable based on your dxdiag.

FYI, as a point of comparison on my system I get framerates in the 30-111 FPS (it's a VERY FPS spikey game, ridiculous). By comparison I get 150-250 FPS in Modern Warfare 2.

The graphics and detail between the two games are not even comparable. That gives you and idea how poorly optimized this engine is.

01.04.2012 , 11:03 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Matternous View Post
I run with an intel i5 2500k and a 560 ti and it runs maxed all the time, capped at 111 fps. I must be lucky :P But I feel for you guys...

However, what the guy above me said makes very good sense. I probably haven't noticed any RAM problems since I have 16gbs though...
I have 8 gigs of RAM, I still have this problem.

To the person who posted about memory clock, do you mean GPU or CPU clock speed? My GPU memory clock is 2100 MHz atm. Excuse my lack of computer knowledge.
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out." - battlebug

01.04.2012 , 11:09 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by MrHaSu View Post
I mean my rig should be able to run it well on medium setting shouldn't it?

Should i upgrade something?
Don't waste any more money, there are systems of every size and description, low end and super high end systems which cannot get anything out of this game.. Bioware needs to address this issue which they are totally ignoring.. I believe the only way they will take notice is to cancel my subscription and not feed their bad habits, which I have already done. People have already went that route and spent a lot of money, for nothing because their new systems don't run the game any better then their old systems.. so.. keep that in mind..

01.04.2012 , 11:20 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by coffeerox View Post
I'm running a Q6600 2.4Ghz Quad Core with 2GB of RAM and a Geforce 9800GT. I have the same problem as you guys but from my perspective I think it's a RAM problem.

The game is a memory hog and it takes me forever to alt-tab. When I check the memory, it's almost maxed at 1.80GB. After awhile, the framerates become completely unplayable. When I exit and restart the game, it's fine.

When I log out, I get a chance that the memory will get dumped (which makes it easier to alt-tab or quit the game) but there's also a chance that it doesn't clear the memory and quitting the game takes forever and interrupts my other programs such as Skype and even my internet connection.

I think that the lack of view distance slider is hurting a lot of people's systems. The game loads every texture it possibly can (when realistically it doesn't need to). It's unnecessary and there's no way you can see all that. Not only does it load the textures for the environment, it also loads for the countless useless NPC's walking around and we're not even talking about loading up players yet!

I don't think it's a graphics card problem. I notice that my GPU utilization is nowhere near maxed out. When I'm in an instance or my own ship, I crank the graphics to High and it runs nearly perfect. When I go outside, I get those framerates regardless of if it was low or high (worse for high because of my slow and limited capacity memory)
Yeah the same goes for me.

01.04.2012 , 11:38 AM | #36
128-bit cards are struggling with SWTOR. Tie this in with an outdated CPU, and you're going to see issues in high pop areas or PvP.

Granted, I think there needs to be some optimization done on Bioware's part, but people with high end machines need to make sure that everything is hunky dory with their rig before blaming Bioware for their issues.

3 machines in my house with completely different setups with little to no issues playing the game. However, my youngest son's computer is an E6600 CPU, 8 GB Hyper RAM, with a GTS450 GPU and it gets 10-15 FPS in Warfronts or at the Fleet. I blame the 128-bit card for the issue, not Bioware.

Wife has i7 960, 8 GB RAM, GTX 560 Ti and runs it flawlessly.
Mine is i7 2700k, 8 GB Hyper RAM, SLI GTX 580's, (2) 120 GB Intel 510 SSD (raid 0) game and OS, Velociraptor 600 GB HDD for data and it runs at max with no issues or slowdown.

I do hope they figure something out though. Would hate to see so many leave just because of optimization issues on their end. Good luck to you all!
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”

01.04.2012 , 03:35 PM | #37
I got the same issue, Geforce 590GTX, 24GB of High performance ram, a Force3 SSD drive and a i7 870@3.6ghz. All other games run smooth like the wind, but this has issues with high intensity battles, indoors etc. the only place I get proper FPS is in my ship and in space battle. (110fps+)

07.09.2014 , 08:33 PM | #38
I give up too.

The only thing I can even possibly do to improve things, slightly, is to upgrade to higher IPC performing processors as they're released, like the new Haswell refresh. GPU doesn't matter at all; It's sitting there at 30% usage while the framerate is in the 20's in WZs. (GTX 780 and i7-3770K @4.5GHz)

Complaints everywhere, NVIDIA forums, these forums, reddit, other misc areas. The engine has to change or be HEAVILY improved; and Bioware showns no sign, whatsoever, of even wanting to do anything about it. I would so love to be proven wrong; but I doubt it'll ever happen.

5 years ago WoW ran amazingly better than SWTOR. It still runs better, even with all the graphical upgrades it's received since then.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.