Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does BioWare just not care about Guild Bank Theft?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Does BioWare just not care about Guild Bank Theft?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mikebevo
09.19.2012 , 01:49 PM | #21
I helped pay for the bank, put most of the credits in the bank and a lot of the gear and mats. I am a officer in the guild and a founding member. I still have somewhat limited access to the bank. I trust my guild, but it is always better to be safe than sorry.

Gidrea
09.20.2012 , 01:50 PM | #22
It's not Bioware's problem! Set reasonable limits. Keep an eye on the log. I limit recruits to 5 items, and I check the log regularly, especially on Monday before reset.

If your GM is too busy they should designate an officer to do this. But really.... it takes five minutes and can save you a lot of grief.

If you can't or won't take responsibility for your guild bank, maybe you shouldn't have one. Running a guild takes time and effort, and if you can't deal with that, then again... maybe you shouldn't have one.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Mädison / Randava / Lexä / Procaffeincia - The Harbinger
Shock and Jawa / Full Metal Jawa - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

Skodan
09.20.2012 , 02:07 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Gidrea View Post
It's not Bioware's problem! Set reasonable limits. Keep an eye on the log. I limit recruits to 5 items, and I check the log regularly, especially on Monday before reset.

If your GM is too busy they should designate an officer to do this. But really.... it takes five minutes and can save you a lot of grief.

If you can't or won't take responsibility for your guild bank, maybe you shouldn't have one. Running a guild takes time and effort, and if you can't deal with that, then again... maybe you shouldn't have one.
this times infinity
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Aqueon
07.09.2014 , 07:33 AM | #24
WARNING
My latest warning to everyone comes from my Guild being ransacked July 2014.

Method of intrusion; the Thief contacts an existing member and impersonates another Guildie under the premise of needing an alternate character added to the roster.

Unless your Guild has set some strict permissions, you may lose EVERYTHING.

Fortunately, we did not. We did however lose a long list of items collected for use in PvP and for gearing our leveling members. Our credits had been locked down prior in anticipation of the Strongholds expansion, so we were protected there.

Restrict new members permissions and have multiple protocols for use of guild resources. Better safe, than sorry. Good hunting and may The Force be with you... - Gavik
"The Force reveals to us the secrets which we are ready to learn; everything in its proper place and time. Such is the way of the Order of the Crimson Blade."
Galactic Fifth Column Holonet

toragn
07.09.2014 , 01:43 PM | #25
Hi,

Sorry for your loss A tip for people running guilds/kins/whatever (This is not unique to swtor in any way) is to ALWAYS demand people to log their Main/a known alt first and say: ' i relog to 'name' , please send me an invite.' Before you give a new kinnie/guildi any permissions at all.

I hope you don't think i try to blame you/your guild for the loss, i truly feel sorry for what has happened and i NEVER blame the victim. I just wish to give a method (which i would love to be un-needed) to avoid those things in the future for others.

Btw: i'm totally new to this game (2 weeks) so if any other new player reads this thread, trust me: Don't think swtor-players are generally worse than in other games or bad or anything. Rather the opposite. I have been invited to groups and got help everytime i asked for it (and building a friend-list pretty fast). It's just that when you get enough people together you are sooner or later going to have a jerk (or 2...) in the bunch

Regards and happy hunting!
/T

Gidrea
07.09.2014 , 04:10 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Aqueon View Post
WARNING
My latest warning to everyone comes from my Guild being ransacked July 2014.

Method of intrusion; the Thief contacts an existing member and impersonates another Guildie under the premise of needing an alternate character added to the roster.

Unless your Guild has set some strict permissions, you may lose EVERYTHING.

Fortunately, we did not. We did however lose a long list of items collected for use in PvP and for gearing our leveling members. Our credits had been locked down prior in anticipation of the Strongholds expansion, so we were protected there.

Restrict new members permissions and have multiple protocols for use of guild resources. Better safe, than sorry. Good hunting and may The Force be with you... - Gavik
Thank you for the warning. This seems to be happening more frequently. It's sad that people will resort to such fraud just to steal virtual items and pretend money. What's really sad is that they don't think there's anything wrong with it as long as they get away with it. It's worth reporting (via in game ticket to avoid trolls) on the off chance that BW might care, after all, the person perpetuated FRAUD.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Mädison / Randava / Lexä / Procaffeincia - The Harbinger
Shock and Jawa / Full Metal Jawa - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!