Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Serious] Can We Save The Republic PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
[Serious] Can We Save The Republic PvP?

WhistDarkblade
07.03.2014 , 07:39 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Briggleworth View Post
...What to do next? I mean this effort only started a couple of weeks ago, so I say stay the course. There is another thread on having folks actually focus pubside and guild up. That would be a huge step forward, but I am not sure if its achievable as of yet. Definitely something to work towards in the near future.
I have also seen a number of guilds that I have not seen before fielding 2 or 3 players in WZs that are ok. (Valor ranking is still rather low, so these aren't necessarily server transfers.) <Republic/Imperial Fight Club> have also been forming up for low and mid tier. Might have been around for a while as I havent been running any alts up until double XP started. The players on the Imp faction guild were pretty decent, the Pub side guild needed a little help.

From what I've heard talking with the Pub guys is that they want to bring back dueling nights. Similar to the Battle Royale that went down last year. Pretty cool idea. They also said they will be focusing on pvp as well.

We will see how this goes.
The Ebon Hawk

Whist || Republic

eerinbastile
07.04.2014 , 02:16 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by ace_boogie View Post
sage named Risei. Very good player.
my boy shink

tausra
07.06.2014 , 04:30 AM | #53
Ok, so this is gonna take a bit, but I plan on getting to the heart of some issues I believe "scrub" PvPers may have. I've mostly been an Imperial PvPer (Toxa), simply because Imp Rp is so vibrant, and I think I do alright. I don't have a level 55 to pvp with, but I'm very sure I won't even try to PvP at 55. Toxa is a dps Sorc, and while i knock down decent numbers, in my mind, I'm nowhere near as good as other players. I worry my rotation isn't good enough, my maneuvering is bad, or what have you. To me it has always seemed that there is a "right way" to PvP, and I just don't know it.

I won't PvP at 55, and below that I do so sparingly. It is this mentality of "One right way" to do it, and the lack of resources to get better. I can be stomped six ways to sunday, or roll over enemy teams, but in the end I leave with there are better players, but I don't know how to get better. The difference between crushing defeat or one sided win seems like luck to me. Even now in my Trooper alt, how well I do seems almost entirely based on how lucky I am with teammates and opponents.
"Sith, children of Sith, warriors everywhere, I declare a new Empire, open to all who long for conquest, freedom from inhibition and the right to follow their passions." -Emperor Malgus

Easpeak
07.06.2014 , 05:19 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by tausra View Post
Ok, so this is gonna take a bit, but I plan on getting to the heart of some issues I believe "scrub" PvPers may have. I've mostly been an Imperial PvPer (Toxa), simply because Imp Rp is so vibrant, and I think I do alright. I don't have a level 55 to pvp with, but I'm very sure I won't even try to PvP at 55. Toxa is a dps Sorc, and while i knock down decent numbers, in my mind, I'm nowhere near as good as other players. I worry my rotation isn't good enough, my maneuvering is bad, or what have you. To me it has always seemed that there is a "right way" to PvP, and I just don't know it.

I won't PvP at 55, and below that I do so sparingly. It is this mentality of "One right way" to do it, and the lack of resources to get better. I can be stomped six ways to sunday, or roll over enemy teams, but in the end I leave with there are better players, but I don't know how to get better. The difference between crushing defeat or one sided win seems like luck to me. Even now in my Trooper alt, how well I do seems almost entirely based on how lucky I am with teammates and opponents.
You could always ask these better players for advice: how come they are doing so much better. On the Republic side, I and a few other immigrants from different servers, have formed a guild called Maven. If there are more people interested in PVP or would just like to get pointers on how to gear or improve, I encourage you to get in contact with me.

Easpeax - republic
Neitho - republic
Hieronymous - imperial
Easpeak
Easpeax
Maedex
Heffalo

johnatters
07.06.2014 , 11:20 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Easpeak View Post
You could always ask these better players for advice: how come they are doing so much better. On the Republic side, I and a few other immigrants from different servers, have formed a guild called Maven. If there are more people interested in PVP or would just like to get pointers on how to gear or improve, I encourage you to get in contact with me.

Easpeax - republic
Neitho - republic
Hieronymous - imperial
Met one or two of you <Maven> guys in a Huttball at about 6am this morning, far too close, lots of tired minds in that one... GG though, glad you guys are around. And I echo the message here, reach out, most people are happy to help, and if you can get in ts for some voice explanations you'll be set.
Sek

Easpeak
07.06.2014 , 01:17 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by johnatters View Post
Met one or two of you <Maven> guys in a Huttball at about 6am this morning, far too close, lots of tired minds in that one... GG though, glad you guys are around. And I echo the message here, reach out, most people are happy to help, and if you can get in ts for some voice explanations you'll be set.
Was that the one with the most random ball spike in the end?
Easpeak
Easpeax
Maedex
Heffalo

johnatters
07.06.2014 , 03:30 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Easpeak View Post
Was that the one with the most random ball spike in the end?
That's the one, we had some bad sin stood next to the ball in stealth frantically clicking the ball, all he had to do was unstealth, and we'd have had it. Guess it's a reminder there are bads everywhere...
Sek

Azerraak
07.07.2014 , 10:13 AM | #58
Imps playing Imps doesn't fix the republic. Stay on your mains, stay out of our side. Dirty headset wearing farmers. Learn how to get competitive. If you can't play without a tank guarding you and your mother wiping your butt, you're probably not as good as you think. Cya's in a WZ.

<Insert sig of 20 55's here>

ace_boogie
07.07.2014 , 10:27 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Azerraak View Post
Imps playing Imps doesn't fix the republic. Stay on your mains, stay out of our side. Dirty headset wearing farmers. Learn how to get competitive. If you can't play without a tank guarding you and your mother wiping your butt, you're probably not as good as you think. Cya's in a WZ.

<Insert sig of 20 55's here>
Problem is... Most of the people in this thread ARE the good, competitive players on the republic side who are carrying literally some of the worst of the worst pvpers in this game. Bad dps, bad heals, bad gear and my pet peeve "tanks" who try to dps.
K'senža - Sage l Andressa - Sniper

Briggleworth
07.07.2014 , 10:54 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by ace_boogie View Post
Problem is... Most of the people in this thread ARE the good, competitive players on the republic side who are carrying literally some of the worst of the worst pvpers in this game. Bad dps, bad heals, bad gear and my pet peeve "tanks" who try to dps.
I agree with you K'senia, but as someone who spent most of my time this past week levelling in midbies on the republic side, I think you are going to see some good improvements at 55 shortly.

<Maven> and <Your Companion> are republic guilds new to the server. Between getting into random groups with them, <Aisthesis>, <Republic>, as well as several others, there are some good healers and damage-dealers making their way to 55. Still a shortage of tanks, but there have been a couple Guardian and Vanguard tanks I can think of that are doing well.

I am an Imp player playing over here and there certainly are others; sounds like from the previous postthere may be some resentment, but most of whom I just named are all predominantly republic players.
APEX / GUERRILLA
Whiskey'Sour / Whiskey'Jax

Whiskey'Shots / Whiskey'Railz