Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Love of Family Makes Us Stronger

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Love of Family Makes Us Stronger

Snow_Hawk
04.29.2014 , 09:16 PM | #51
Enjoying this a lot keep it up

alaurin
05.30.2014 , 03:03 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Snow_Hawk View Post
Enjoying this a lot keep it up
Thanks!! Always good to hear that someone likes your stuff!

I'd like to apologize for such a long delay. I actually had the next part written a few weeks ago, but I wasn't happy with it, so I didn't post. I had no idea what I wanted to change though, so I just let it sit and allowed myself to get distracted with other stuff. I kept coming back to it, but nothing sparked until a few days ago and I ended up scrapping nearly the entire thing and starting over. It got so long that I decided to split it into 2 parts, so they will be another update soon (day or 2) after this one. Enough rambling.......here we go!

What’s Gotten Into You?!

**Spoiler Alert: Spoilers for a Taris planetary mission......same as the previous 2 installments.
Spoiler

alaurin
06.12.2014 , 12:43 PM | #53
Urgh......so little time now that my kids are out of school for the summer. Hopefully this next bit was worth the wait!

Some People Just Need to Die

Trigger Warning: mentions of intended rape below......very brief, but I like to err on the side of caution and put up an alert.
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler

Mirdthestrill
06.12.2014 , 02:41 PM | #54
Catching up on Taris now that Mallena's through it, and I just have to say how much fun it is reading your work. I hope it's alright that I basically dedicated my latest SFWC series to you. You're one of the people who first inspired me to post here
I <3 alts!

DougTbx
06.14.2014 , 01:04 AM | #55
Quite enjoying this story, hope you keep going.
"What do you mean they blew up the Death Star? Who is they? What's an Aluminum Falcon?"

alaurin
06.30.2014 , 05:20 PM | #56
@Mirdthestrill: Thank you for that wonderful compliment!! I'm glad you're enjoying the Lauren girls' adventures and am delighted that their stories have inspired yours! I've been keeping up with Mallena and can't wait for her next part!

@DougTbx: I'm glad you're enjoying this thread and I plan to keep it up as much as I can. With my kids out of school for the summer, my time to write has plummeted a little, but I work on it as I can.

Time for the next part! Sorry its taken me so long to get it out, but as I mentioned before, my kids are out of school for the summer and my time is a bit more limited. Also, this is a big part with a lot of different things happening in a short time, so it took a while for me to feel that it was flowing well......at least I think it does now. Anyways, here goes....

Okay.....Out with It!

Spoiler

alaurin
07.02.2014 , 06:53 AM | #57
Another part already?! Only because its being cross posted from the SFC thread.... Originally posted 6/26/2014 for the Background Music and Leitmotif prompt, this takes place immediately following the last one.

Notes/Disclaimers:
*Music- Marilyn Manson’s version of the Eurythmics’ song Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This).
A link to the song and lyrics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8NMMXmqteI

**warning: This is a very dark piece which broaches the subject of rape and contains some violence, nothing too descriptive but worth a trigger warning. Also, this piece jumps around and appears very jumbled and chaotic at times…..this is intentional.

A Chaotic Symphony
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler

alaurin
07.15.2014 , 12:30 PM | #58
Back from vacation and have the next warm and fuzzy installment. I actually wrote and posted this for the Dreams and Nightmares and Morning After prompt in the SFC Thread a few minutes ago, so sorry for the repetition if you regularly follow that thread and if you don't, you should consider it since it's full of awesome stuff!!!!

Satisfying My Curiosity

This immediately follows the previous part.
Spoiler

Author’s Note:
Spoiler