SPOILER ALERT: Question about End of Chapter 2 for Jedi Knight (Guardian)

Dakkus

Okay, So I heard this from my Dad whom has been playing much longer than me (Only a few weeks, lot of changes since I did beta lol) and I found some old articles that seem to back this up, but I wanted to know if this is still the way it happens.

At the end of your chapter 2 of Jedi Knight for Guardian, you are mind controlled by the Emperor and you apparently do some evil things then you wake up after the fact and us (the players) hear about it afterward. So in the story itself, our characters did some nasty things for a time.

If this is still the case in the story, is there any way to avoid this and still progress? Not to fancy on the idea of my guy doing that. I try to play the light side to the best of my ability and I'll halt progress on his story line if I have to. Sucks, but its fine I suppose. Just wondering if this is the case. I'll still get him to 50/55 if possible since I do like playing on him - Tank happens to be my favorite class next to healer.

Now my follow up - If there is no way around it and I decide to not finish his question line, then what will the repercussions be? I know I won't be able to unlock any more main companions - Although I like treek well enough anyways. But what else will be hindered? Can I still do 55, or even 50? Will I be excluded from certain in-game content? Etc.

Thank you for any assistance and info :)

P.S. Before anyone flames me for my personal choice. Please keep in mind that I'm not attacking the system story, I'm just asking if its avoidable since I'd rather not play that part of the story line.

Edited by Dakkus

--------Don't read this if you haven't moved beyond the end of Chapter 2 Jedi Knight (Guardian) - You have been warned---------

--------Don't read this if you haven't moved beyond the end of Chapter 2 Jedi Knight (Guardian) - You have been warned---------

Okay, So I heard this from my Dad whom has been playing much longer than me (Only a few weeks, lot of changes since I did beta lol) and I found some old articles that seem to back this up, but I wanted to know if this is still the way it happens.

At the end of your chapter 2 of Jedi Knight for Guardian, you are mind controlled by the Emperor and you apparently do some evil things then you wake up after the fact and us (the players) hear about it afterward. So in the story itself, our characters did some nasty things for a time.

If this is still the case in the story, is there any way to avoid this and still progress? Not to fancy on the idea of my guy doing that. I try to play the light side to the best of my ability and I'll halt progress on his story line if I have to. Sucks, but its fine I suppose. Just wondering if this is the case. I'll still get him to 50/55 if possible since I do like playing on him - Tank happens to be my favorite class next to healer.

Now my follow up - If there is no way around it and I decide to not finish his question line, then what will the repercussions be? I know I won't be able to unlock any more main companions - Although I like treek well enough anyways. But what else will be hindered? Can I still do 55, or even 50? Will I be excluded from certain in-game content? Etc.

Thank you for any assistance and info :)

P.S. Before anyone flames me for my personal choice. Please keep in mind that I'm not attacking the system story, I'm just asking if its avoidable since I'd rather play that part of the story line.

Personally, just dropping out of the story is well, a very bad idea. You'd be losing out on the BEST part of the Jedi Knight story, and no there is no way to avoid it.

From a character standpoint, it really doesn't affect your standing, simply because your character wasn't actually in control of himself. I'd recommend just going through with it and atoning for your actions that you had no real control of ANYWAY.

You'll be restricted in the story and a few side questlines at 50 and 55, as well as a large chunk of experience and several rewards granted to your legacy upon the completion of chapters 2 and 3, including a legacy wide buff. You'd also be missing out on the kickass that is scourge.

1. Use

tags instead of a wall of text to hide spoilers.

2. The incident is unavoidable, however its purpose is to show how strong the emperor is, but the follow up of you breaking free of his control is to show you can beat him. And since you never finish your Sith training, you only do evil things on the emperors secret space station. No one from the republic is affected until the choices come back to you.

3. So long as you have your ship, all end-game stuff is available to you, though the one-time ilum missions require you to finish your class missions

1. Use

tags instead of a wall of text to hide spoilers.

Thank you - I didn't know about that. I've modified my post.

Thanks for the feed back as well from the both of you :) I can avoid the story without worry. The xp doesn't matter to me. I can grind out and team flashpoints and such to level.

As far as the story, just that I know I can avoid it by not playing it is enough for me to avoid it. Had I just happened on it, then I would have been upset the devs forced it on players knowing that some people get deep into their RP and don't like choices forced like that - Then moved on since like you said, it was mind control and nothing my character could do about it. I mean even the Master on the consular quest line was mind controlled to some extent.

Thanks again :)

• 1 month later...
Dakkus I'm like you! I also play a lightside Jedi Knight!.. I enjoy playing him so much! And like you I am very concerned with RP, the only darkside thing I did was romance. But I had already added that into my character. As for the end of ch.2 I didn't think it shown poorly on my character! For me I felt like it gave him more insight into both what the Emperor is capable of and I think my character would learn from this and continue to live in the light in order to preserve good because now he truly knows what the darkside can do to a person. That is my opinion, but I highly suggest continuing the story, I haven't finished it yet but I enjoy it so much! Good luck! May the Force be with you

2. The incident is unavoidable, however its purpose is to show how strong the emperor is, but the follow up of you breaking free of his control is to show you can beat him. And since you never finish your Sith training, you only do evil things on the emperors secret space station. No one from the republic is affected until the choices come back to you.

^^^^^^^^

This.

No one will ever know what happened there but you, the Emperor, and your handler, because the only people you did nasty things to were likely Sith anyway.

3. So long as you have your ship, all end-game stuff is available to you, though the one-time ilum missions require you to finish your class missions

Yep. Even Makeb can be done before finishing the class story, though I highly recommend finishing the Knight story. Don't get hung up on this one mission just because you apparently did some nasty things to some people who had it coming anyway -- there's a great deal more to the story, and the fact that you break free puts you in the perfect position to rescue the others who didn't.

The Knight story after chapter 2 is SO GOOD. Don't rob yourself of the conclusion. The silly things you can do to your handler while he still thinks you're mind controlled is also hilarious.

Edited by Vid-szhite