Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server RP Event Inquiry

Luniara
06.26.2014 , 10:08 AM | #1
This message has been sent out to a majority of guild leaders and their officers, though I tried my best to nab who I knew on enjin and what not.

Penumbral is planning to put out a Gala event for the server which will include something a little unique. SWTOR is suffering from New MMO Syndrome (Wildstar) so we are seeing a huge decline along with the Summer time business that rolls around so wanting to get good feedback from other guilds in hopes of getting them to participate and enjoy themselves is key. It will be both Imperial and Republic in the Alderaan Cantina (a bit of a travel but beautiful and worth it).

The basis of the event will be a Fundraising Gala for an Archaeological foundation that has found a new artifact as well as many other Rakata technologies. Not only does this intrigue Force users, but also scientists and history enthusiasts. Players would come dressed all dolled up and formal and set to act their best while participating in live auctions and raffles and a little something else that will DEFINITELY require volunteers (it's more fun than work). I aim to pay those who do help as well.

That being said, what days are best for you guys to have some fun together? Usually we run the Darkside Grotto on a Saturday since everyone can stay up late. I'd really like us all to come together more since many of the Imp guilds (including Pen given our neutral stance) are very reclusive.

Is Saturday okay for everyone?
Luniara Solborne | Sith Marauder
Penumbral, Guild Leader - Jung Ma Server
Website | Join Us
DeviantART | Character Wiki

Bstr
06.26.2014 , 10:24 AM | #2
My Imperial guild, Shadow Council of Si-- ahem, "Reformation" as we now are called, has RP guild meetings at 11 PM EDT. We will be able to attend if this happens before then.

What date are you thinking about? Reformation has a Nightmare Pilgrim run this Saturday at 9 PM. Also, Saturday is only 2 days away and probably not enough time to get the word out about this event.
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Jr An'val: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: Bodyguard Merc. Bophia: Anni. Maurader Borbend: Med. Op.
<Republic's Hammer> <Reformation> Jung-Ma Server

Luniara
06.26.2014 , 10:32 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bstr View Post
My Imperial guild, Shadow Council of Si-- ahem, "Reformation" as we now are called, has RP guild meetings at 11 PM EDT. We will be able to attend if this happens before then.

What date are you thinking about? Reformation has a Nightmare Pilgrim run this Saturday at 9 PM. Also, Saturday is only 2 days away and probably not enough time to get the word out about this event.
I like to plan ahead so it won't be for another few weeks to a month. This is just a "Hey, we are planning something - when is the best time for you?" type deal. We try to run RP events on Saturdays in general. I still need to get volunteers, write out the info and make fun little flyers as I continue to seek out the other RP guilds.

A pleasure to meet you btw.
Website | Join Us

LadyAdmiral
06.26.2014 , 01:59 PM | #4
This sounds fantastically fun, and I want in. Please let me know once you've chosen a date and if you need help with volunteers. I'll be there if I can make it!

I've passed this on to the Remnants of Hope forums for their own interest as well (Vestige of Despair imp side).

I have had secret dreams of a gala event in SWTOR for a long time >> Granted they were on Coruscant... but this'll do! :P
Scya Sancia Cimerine
[Jung Ma]
Remnants of Hope - SWTOR Division Commander
"Light From A Few Can Be A Beacon To Many"

Zoom_VI
06.27.2014 , 12:23 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Luniara View Post
It will be both Imperial and Republic in the Alderaan Cantina (a bit of a travel but beautiful and worth it).
What cantina? The only ones I can think of on alderaan require killing people to get access.

Not that that is a issue.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Luniara
06.27.2014 , 04:00 PM | #6
I would have liked the Organa cantina, but yeah...it would be a nightmare for lowbies so I chose not to go with it. Instead, I'd use a neutral Voss-Ka location.
Website | Join Us

Zoom_VI
06.27.2014 , 06:05 PM | #7
I would have liked the Organa cantina, but yeah...it would be a nightmare for lowbies so I chose not to go with it. Instead, I'd use a neutral Voss-Ka location.
Please tell me you are planning on using the shrine or something, because the voss cantina is tiny.
Crinn

Luniara
06.28.2014 , 06:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Please tell me you are planning on using the shrine or something, because the voss cantina is tiny.
Correct.
Website | Join Us

Zoom_VI
06.29.2014 , 10:27 AM | #9
Correct.
I would love to know what the voss are going to do about random outsiders throwing wild parties in their sacred temples.
Crinn

Luniara
06.29.2014 , 02:32 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
I would love to know what the voss are going to do about random outsiders throwing wild parties in their sacred temples.
They'll be tied up in the back and gagged. Use your imagination! GEEZ.
Website | Join Us