Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Break Plays 15 Games to Complete Weekly- WZ Recaps, Screenshots and Depression Inside

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
Break Plays 15 Games to Complete Weekly- WZ Recaps, Screenshots and Depression Inside

xMaranathax
06.28.2014 , 11:41 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Halstadt View Post
Were these ranked matches? Regular Warzones are advertised as entry level PvP. How are people expected to gear/learn in this game without taking their licks first? It's a catch-22 because If you want to restrict poorly geared players from entering regular warzones, you're only going to see the pool of players who PvP decline as people drop out of the queuing pool or fall behind the gear curve with new patches. Simply put, it's just how it's designed at the moment. It's why bolster exists at all in the first place.
First, see this.

Secondly, I am not sure what Break is considering PvE geared, but what I consider PvE geared is someone who runs 168 mods or higher. Those mods, even stated in the patch notes, are not bolsterized the same as low tier PvE gear. The people that run full 180 mods and expect to do something are hysterical. You are better off augmenting an empty set of gear, and leaving all armorings, mods, and enhancements out of it, seriously.

As far as I have seen, the Classic gear, which also has a set bonus, bolsters quite well for those who are interested in starting PvP coming from a PvE background. Ilum, Black Hole, and Section X dailies all grant Classic comms. Get on it.

Talyc'jatne
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Halstadt
06.28.2014 , 09:37 PM | #22
Fundamentally, personal player ability matters a lot more than gear. A poorly geared player who understands things like objectives and target priority will always be better than a well geared player who's awful.

Quote: Originally Posted by xMaranathax View Post
First, see this.
I wish someone would put time into finding out how everything bolsters and parsing the data to something like a spreadsheet for every patch that new gear comes out. I'd bookmark the hell outta that.
First Conqueror of The Ebon Hawk's Black Hole.

xMaranathax
06.29.2014 , 12:40 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Halstadt View Post
I wish someone would put time into finding out how everything bolsters and parsing the data to something like a spreadsheet for every patch that new gear comes out. I'd bookmark the hell outta that.
It doesn't have parses, but some people think its detailed enough. Its a tier off though, so it may be out of date.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=707204

Talyc'jatne
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

RGMetal
06.29.2014 , 02:49 AM | #24
There's a "bolsterizer" near the combat dummies on both fleets, if anyone wants to test things themselves.

Toshirou / Ichíro / Keiichi / Kusanagí
Shíro / Míka / Fayé

Moontayle
06.29.2014 , 08:04 AM | #25
The TLDR version is basically that when Obroan was top tier PvP gear, you wanted to get that for everything but MH/OH and for that you'd run with whatever mod level kept you near max Expertise. It hasn't been updated for Brutalizer, but that post basically said the difference between Obroan MH/OH and non-Obroan MH/OH was pretty slim so my current assumption is that Brutalizer wins out since we're basically just now "catching up" with the item level breakpoint that Bolster hovers around anyway.
Triggle - Sith Assassin - Ebon Hawk
My books - Spiral X | White Rock