Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Tomb of Sorrows Going for Server 1st NiM DF Brontes Kill

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Begeren Colony
Tomb of Sorrows Going for Server 1st NiM DF Brontes Kill

Ehbuse's Avatar


Ehbuse
06.26.2014 , 02:06 PM | #31
My **** is 1/8th of an inch bigger than yours

Chyanis's Avatar


Chyanis
06.26.2014 , 02:19 PM | #32
Girls, girls you're both ugly and Jimmy Jr. has already asked someone else to the prom. This whole argument is silly.

raidmac's Avatar


raidmac
06.26.2014 , 02:20 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by ZooMzy View Post
Then stop typing as if you do.
And lol, part of the reason why burn phase is so difficult is because of damage output from Brontes. Sorry buddy, but the fight has been nerfed pretty hard, mechanics and healing aren't going to be as difficult as the main check was, it's all about whether or not the DPS are going to be able to hit their numbers.
You havent touched the last phase prenref or postnerf, so I dont really know why you are acting like you know the fight. Talk **** when you beat it, until then you are just a guy talking **** without anything to back it up. The most difficult part about the fight is the orbs. Damage output from brontes was not as bad as the orbs, most groups wipe because of the orb mechanic, and not because of Brontes. You claim to be a great raidleader, but all I have seen you do is talk **** about Night, Contra Sanctus, and mostly anyone who you no longer raid with. You dont develop raiders, you joined probably the 2nd best team on the server. Mev and myself went through months of raiding with people who werent quite up to par. Mev raided with shades who constantly developed raiders and that is what I loved about them.

The first time Muse cleared SM TFB, I was there explaining the mechanics to her and her friends and I did this when I was a member of shades. Hell, I even met Mev, when he was noob(who played a shadow dps back then LOL), he can tell you about all the badgering I did to him to get better, he developed over time. Most of the players in that guild slowly improved over time, and at their peak they got server first on council, a fight that was tough to beat in 72 gear. You dont develop players, I took a group of 7 people who couldn't clear HM EC back in the day, and we slowly developed over time and went 4/5 NiM TFB. I didnt leave and talk **** about them, I stuck with them, and even to this day most of them no longer play but I keep in touch with them because of the bonds we made while doing progression. IF anyone is a guild hopper looking for better players its you, and certainly not mev.

ps this is my last post, because this will go on forever.
3x Deposer of the Dread Masters 2x Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Learning to heal, the next frontier

Mevarek's Avatar


Mevarek
06.26.2014 , 02:23 PM | #34
Damn straight. This dick measuring stuff is all in good fun. I'm not actually a spiteful bastard.
Zalentra Mevarek
Mevcantsnipe

twotilmidnite's Avatar


twotilmidnite
06.26.2014 , 02:24 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by raidmac View Post
Mev raided with shades who constantly developed raiders and that is what I loved about them.
Thanks, Thor. I'm sad now. R.I.P Shades =(
Imperial Diehard The Eternal Warrior

Xenoph 55 Marauder Xnoph 55 Immortal Juggernaut
Xenph 55 Marksman Sniper Vlera 55 Medicine Operative
Valora 55 Pyro Merc Vlor 55 Shield Tech Powertech
Xnph 55 Deception Assassin Xnph 55 Corruption Sorcerer
Xenph 55 Sentinel Kyrmud 55 Infiltration Shadow
You live, you know pain, you have learned fear. Now only death remains.

Haivon's Avatar


Haivon
06.26.2014 , 02:40 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by raidmac View Post
LOL, you cant get carried through NiM Brontes pre nerf. gg
Yes you can. It'd cost you like over 70mil though.

ZooMzy's Avatar


ZooMzy
06.26.2014 , 03:15 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevarek View Post
First of all, your basing thor's entire skill as a raid leader and raider on one instance in which he was on a toon that he is inferior at. Secondly, why would I be butthurt about dreadful entity? It's an easy boss. Besides, you have little to no proof that I have been carried. Your only "argument" seems to be that because I raid with the best guild in the game, I am getting carried. I didn't just server transfer to harbinger. However, admittedly, the only reason I got into chosen was through serroth, and even then I had to prove myself to raid with them for as long as I did. The same can be said about Zorz. I didn't just move over to harbinger and make friends and get in. I had to submit an application and tryout with NM DP on pts and then I moved my sniper to harbinger.
Kind of like how Thor saw my team run one night and started telling us an exact amount of time we needed to clear the instance? Kind of like how this whole thing basically started because Thor didn't like me proving him wrong?

Kind of how you base the skill of one raider based on the achivements they've gained from running with a team of players, without analyzing that the only skill individually that plays into that is from who raid leads? You wanted to prove yourselves by playing this game first, don't be mad because I actually know how to play it too.

As for the HE pull, lol, wut? So now he's inferior at the spec now?

And even more lolz, I was in that raid, Thor wasn't leading ****. All he was doing was DPSing on an optimally geared sniper DPS, a class that has both the best damage utility and the most advantages in the fight. But I guess you may have a point: a NiM level raider running a class that is optimal for raiding they are bad at is still bad in comparison to someone who knows where their talents lie and play their role and class well, regardless of the capability it has in comparison to others as well as their gear stats. Hey wait, weren't you just posting awhile ago that I'm a bad raider because I didn't have the same gear as Thor? And that I'm bad because I didn't have the same friends as him, or better yet, that I was playing one of the weakest specs in PvE?

And lol, again, congrats. You were competent enough to go out, do average level skill work, and get into a guild that could just tell you what to do and not have to think. You've already given me proof that you don't actually do anything hard in terms of raiding, all you do is show up and play a role. You don't lead, you don't develop players, and you don't know mechanics very well outside of command based on the ignorance over boss fight mechanics you've already displayed (remember how I basically taught you the full extent of what the HE does in gen chat, IE, how your DPS rises because of his damage reduction stacks? it's same thing your raid leader undoubtedly told you before the pull, except he probably didn't explain the actual mechanics and how they work, only just told you what to do because you lacked the intelligence and capability to lead).

Quote: Originally Posted by raidmac View Post
You havent touched the last phase prenref or postnerf, so I dont really know why you are acting like you know the fight. Talk **** when you beat it, until then you are just a guy talking **** without anything to back it up. The most difficult part about the fight is the orbs. Damage output from brontes was not as bad as the orbs, most groups wipe because of the orb mechanic, and not because of Brontes. You claim to be a great raidleader, but all I have seen you do is talk **** about Night, Contra Sanctus, and mostly anyone who you no longer raid with. You dont develop raiders, you joined probably the 2nd best team on the server. Mev and myself went through months of raiding with people who werent quite up to par. Mev raided with shades who constantly developed raiders and that is what I loved about them.
Lmfao, really?

Take a look at all of my posts, nobody raider from Harby. You determined that I was **** talking based off of ignorance and your own petty ego, as all I have done is respectfully decline information we had learned and studied before we even went into that run. You could probably copy and paste that entire guide he posted word for word from Dulfy, not to mention the detailed explanations I have seen proven in both video clears of her pre nerf and from Drukensailor's detailed tips and tricks such as that healing debuff you seemed to have thought was so unknown by us raiders who haven't cleared the fight.

Clearing the fight and knowing the fight are two separate things, and I've already stated our weakness is in execution aka CLEARING THE FIGHT. We know it well, we have done our homework, so it's not my fault I have to tell you that we know the path, only that we now have to walk it. And make you rage because you seem to think you can't "know the path" without "walking it" first.

You don't like talking trash? Then don't come onto these forums, blatantly waving your epeen around just because someone on the Harby managed to fill that spot you couldn't complete here. You literally are nothing special in regards to a player, the only difference is that you were apart of a team that cleared the content.

Jesus, talk about arrogance. No wonder so many guilds blew up over NiM Brontes, they must've been a bunch of Thors that got bent out of shape and egotistical over getting wiped so hard rather than actually realizing your achievements in ops mean nothing in the big scope of things if you can't even relay the correct information and knowledge to people.

Quote: Originally Posted by raidmac View Post
The first time Muse cleared SM TFB, I was there explaining the mechanics to her and her friends and I did this when I was a member of shades. Hell, I even met Mev, when he was noob(who played a shadow dps back then LOL), he can tell you about all the badgering I did to him to get better, he developed over time. Most of the players in that guild slowly improved over time, and at their peak they got server first on council, a fight that was tough to beat in 72 gear. You dont develop players, I took a group of 7 people who couldn't clear HM EC back in the day, and we slowly developed over time and went 4/5 NiM TFB. I didnt leave and talk **** about them, I stuck with them, and even to this day most of them no longer play but I keep in touch with them because of the bonds we made while doing progression. IF anyone is a guild hopper looking for better players its you, and certainly not mev.

ps this is my last post, because this will go on forever.
Lmfao, please.

The only one here I am **** talking is you. I didn't say one negative thing about Contra as people or as individuals: I even told you flat out that I didn't raid with them because they were the best. I raided with them because I liked the casual atmosphere they brought, and for a time, they played and developed under my leadership in an area where casual and competitive mentalities can exist together without being destructive.

Problem is, that wall happened to be at HM Brontes and Council for them. To which, I presented a choice as to what they wanted to do: clear content and be the best, or stay casual and continue to have a chill time in the ops content. Personally I didn't mind either choice that was made, they were my friends and people I liked to play the game with. But the problem existed because the difficulty they had reached called for someone who was more competitive than a casual, and we could no longer advance in the game with the mentality that was approached with it. Thus, the raid team effectively split over both the GM's decision and a refusal to be more competitive. Out of the entire guild of players, there are only two people in there I actively have negative relations with based on my choice, as I didn't like them ignorantly blaming me for their own shortcomings when I cut them from the team.

That's why my team fell apart, actually, and why I left for ToS to help them finish out their team. Unlike Shades, where Serroth effectively bounced from server for the same reason you did: you couldn't find the right people. Your leadership and capabilities to develop players is clearly not as strong as you think, considering at the end of the day, you still quit and left to get players to fill your weak links for content clearing. Nice 4/5 NiM TFB clears, but they mean nothing considering you led a raid team for around, what, a year before giving up?

You don't develop anything, as a matter of fact. Go back to Harby, have fun clearing content with your guild, and don't come back here with an offended ego bigger than the server whenever someone around here proves they actually know **** you think you're the only one entitled to it. It's not my fault you think I'm being arrogant when I politely decline the information you seem to think is so exclusive and unknown.

Bye. To be honest, this was starting to get fun now that you brought out the Shades drama. But meh, I guess that's what happens when you seem to argue with your ego rather than your brain.

EDIT: And yeah, the price I was told from Shendu was "more than Zu paided for his Crest" whenever he was pulled into NiM Brontes and bought the Wings of the Architect on his pub toon.

soowonlee's Avatar


soowonlee
06.27.2014 , 04:49 AM | #38
My advice was unsolicited, so I take no offense if it is dismissed. It is worth noting, however, that we didn't initially enter into this thread seeking to troll, as we normally do.

From my own observations (dating back to HM EC), the bulk of the time spent in progression raiding is devoted to discovering and experimenting with mechanics, and formulating a sound approach that maximizes the effectiveness of the raid group composition.

Judging from your previous entries, it looks as though you've already formulated a strategy, no? That means you've gone through the fight enough times for each member of the group to know how their class should be maximally effective vis a vis the fight mechanics. Assuming the talent is there, the execution should be straightforward.

You stated the problem was execution. I really don't see how that's a "problem" in the sense that there is an immediately applicable solution. If you've made all the tweaks to your strat, and after about an hour's worth of raiding are still not consistently getting past the six finger phase, then it seems to me that your current group simply doesn't have the collective talent for this fight. So I guess, the applicable solution would be to look for qualified players. Good luck finding that on BC. As I've stated in another thread, if you're serious about raiding, go to another server, or given EA/Bioware's lack of commitment to endgame content, play another game. At this point in time, trying to do serious progression raiding on BC in the interests of preserving "community" is a quixotic effort. Attempts and successive failures will of course be met with a generous sense of schadenfreude.

Think I'm wrong? There is a simple way to demonstrate that.
Bartemaeus
The Harbinger - <Textbook Execution>
Bart's-vanguard, Bart's-cannon, Bart's-sage, Bart's-consular, Bart's-slinger, Bart's-sent, Bart's-jugg, Bart's-merc, Bart's-sorc, Bart's-agent, Bart's-sin

soowonlee's Avatar


soowonlee
06.27.2014 , 05:05 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by ZooMzy View Post
That's why my team fell apart, actually, and why I left for ToS to help them finish out their team. Unlike Shades, where Serroth effectively bounced from server for the same reason you did: you couldn't find the right people. Your leadership and capabilities to develop players is clearly not as strong as you think, considering at the end of the day, you still quit and left to get players to fill your weak links for content clearing. Nice 4/5 NiM TFB clears, but they mean nothing considering you led a raid team for around, what, a year before giving up?
To clarify, although Thorazine did transfer his Marauder to the Harbinger, he continued to raid with us on BC with his main toon until the majority of the guild made a collective decision to move to the Harbinger. Also Thor raided with the same core group of players through HM EC, HM TfB, and NiM TfB on BC. At around the release of DF/DP the majority of those players moved with him to the Harbinger where we continue to raid to this day. So...not sure where you're getting this "he quit on his team" nonsense from.
Bartemaeus
The Harbinger - <Textbook Execution>
Bart's-vanguard, Bart's-cannon, Bart's-sage, Bart's-consular, Bart's-slinger, Bart's-sent, Bart's-jugg, Bart's-merc, Bart's-sorc, Bart's-agent, Bart's-sin

windogie's Avatar


windogie
06.27.2014 , 07:16 AM | #40
Thor you back bro? I got GM of arsenal if you want it back. Also zu if you need a new healer I'm bout to have full 180/186 set bonus gear on Lorhah. However what I do kinda depends on what cavy does since he wants to tank.

You could also end this argument by dueling each other in PVE gear since all epeen contests end with a duel.
Lorhah-merc-55
Osishar-sniper-55
Ryshaz-sorc-55
"The wild Okiko hunter"