Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Siths in the movies

Owynyo
12.25.2011 , 01:31 PM | #1
Hi guys

While playing swtor I saw that the Sith are a playable race for the empire. I have watched all the Star Wars movies and can't remember seeing any actual sith fighting for the empire (Especially with a lightsaber). The only alien I remember is Darth Maul but he was a Zabrak (Correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm not huge on lore knowledge so you guys who know something I don't - could you please explain why the title of Episode 6 clearly says 'Revenge of the Sith' and if there were any sith in the movies or what happened to them in the time between TOR and the movies?

Thank you in advance
Halvaar

Meharial
12.25.2011 , 01:41 PM | #2
The Sith'ari is the original race of dark side users that the Dark Jedi stumbled upon on Korriban, enslaved, interbred with and named themselves after: "Sith." Now Sith is a term used for that whole philosophy/order while "Sith pureblood" is used to distinguish between an 'average' Sith and someone with enough Sith genetics to resemble their Sith'ari ancestors.

Revenge of the Sith in the movies is about the return of this dark side order, not the race which has long been extinct, even in SWTOR times.

Viera
12.25.2011 , 02:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Meharial View Post
The Sith'ari is the original race of dark side users that the Dark Jedi stumbled upon on Korriban, enslaved, interbred with and named themselves after: "Sith." Now Sith is a term used for that whole philosophy/order while "Sith pureblood" is used to distinguish between an 'average' Sith and someone with enough Sith genetics to resemble their Sith'ari ancestors.

Revenge of the Sith in the movies is about the return of this dark side order, not the race which has long been extinct, even in SWTOR times.
The race weren't the Sith'ari. They were just Sith. Sith'ari was a title that, in the ancient Sith language, meant "Lord" or "Overlord".

Quote:
The Sith, known alternatively as Red Sith or Sith Purebloods, were a species of red–skinned Humanoids that originated on the world of Korriban, before finally settling on the ice-world of Ziost. Also distinct for their bone spurs, facial tentacles, and genetic predispositions toward both left–handedness and the dark side of the Force, the Sith species coalesced into an empire ruled first by kings known as Sith'ari, and later by Dark Lords. Despite a society dominated by barbarism and infighting, Sith civilization culminated in a Golden Age, after which the species was all but scattered across the galaxy. An eponymous dark side tradition took the species' name, one that, despite numerous manifestations over time, maintained foundations borne of the customs, science and magic practiced by the ancient Sith species.
"I was a historian once, gathering the relics of the Jedi, learning the ancient mysteries. Always, there were more questions."

Easih
12.25.2011 , 03:34 PM | #4
Your best bet is to check out the Wiki wrote about the Sith And the article about the Sith Empire on the SWTOR wiki

You are right though there were no Sith Pureblood with the movies at all.