Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Madness Assassin/Balance Shadow Spawns In-Combat

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Madness Assassin/Balance Shadow Spawns In-Combat
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

06.20.2014 , 10:19 PM | #1
While playing on my balance shadow, the DoTs that I have left on a target after I die will keep me in combat once I respawn in a Warzone. I have not tested to see if it is a specific DoT, or if it's all. This prevents the shadow/assassins from entering stealth, and typically is 18 seconds or longer, which means the shadow is void of using stealth to come back into the fight.

Please look into. Thanks!

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

06.22.2014 , 04:22 AM | #2
Have you tried vanishing? That should take you out of combat. And apparently whatever dot is doing it interupts caps in warzones

06.23.2014 , 10:04 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the post! I've passed this along, as well as the other issue with Madness/Balance periodic damage abilities.
Tait "pariahloki" Watson | Community Production Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

06.23.2014 , 01:30 PM | #4
Unfortunately, this happens to your targets too. I have respawned after death with dots still on me.
Windemere - Baron of the The New Outriders
Recruitment Thread
Windemere, Tashili, Medeira, Arreldon, Kaatta
Leirah, Raschtok, Chantea, Sterbefall, Toede

06.23.2014 , 03:09 PM | #5
Doesn't have to be a dot spec. I've had it happen with my Assassin and Mara even with the target not dotted up.

06.23.2014 , 03:16 PM | #6
The thing keeping an assassin in combat is creeping terror proccing lightning burns. The lightning burns are causing the person who creeping terror is on to stay in combat, and the assassin to stay in combat.

06.23.2014 , 10:22 PM | #7
No, this is a DOT problem since the changes they made to the Balance/Madness tree for Shadow/Assassin and Sage/Sorcerer. These dots will also (since the patch with these changes) breaking caps on Voidstar doors or other caps/plants in PvP. Very, very, very Biowareish. **** developers.
Gunslinger | Sentinel || Marauder | Sniper
Manzii iiiiiiiiii Manniiz iii Mannii iiiiiiiiManiiz
iiiiiii iiiiiii iiiiiiii
<Ruthless> TOFN EU <MVPs>