Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Few Questions for the Masses

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jung Ma
A Few Questions for the Masses

jojonub
06.18.2014 , 07:59 PM | #1
Greetings and salutations! Yet another player who has come back to the game looking for a little bit of information on the server community here on Jung Ma. It's been quite a bit (since the servers were merged actually). When I came back a bit ago I discovered that this is my new home.

I've been reading through the websites for various RP guilds on the Guild Listing thread and trying to get a bit more information overall. I have been looking for guilds on each side for a couple characters and have narrowed some choices down. However, I do just have a few general questions about the server and honestly would like to dip my toes into the RP scene here so to speak before deciding which guild would be the best fit for my characters. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. Are there currently any reoccurring events (Either Faction) that are open to the public? I had seen earlier posts on these and was just curious if they are still going on.
2. Most people I have spoken with have said RP is primarily Guild Based, however I was just curious if there are any 'hangouts' or 'hot spots' out and about the world or in the cities.
3. One of the old pages I use to follow was swtor-rp.com, though I noticed this doesn't seem to be as heavily used as it once was. Has it been replaced by another site or just not used?
4. Are there any chat channels used currently for organizing or communicating with other RPers for the factions?

Again, thank you for any responses on this! For any that would like to contact me in game you can usually find my Ark'ora (Empire) or Zannii (Republic).

Luniara
06.19.2014 , 07:20 AM | #2
Good morning! First, welcome back! Second, I hope I can answer your questions for you.

1. Lately the reoccurring events have died down on both Factions since a lot of guilds are trying out other games. Given I only know of 1 that happens since I run it, that would be the Darkside Grotto on the Empire side. It is bi-weekly (this weekend) and offers more than just cantina crawling. There are games, raffles that offer cartel point cards, cartel packs, and credits. This takes place on Saturday at 10pm EST in Tatooine cantina. There is also one that I believe Coruscant Guard runs, though I will let them post that info since I havent seen them advertise it in some time. A lot of people have been working together to form a JungMA Council so this may bring more events around (I hope).

2. Most people you have spoken to would be very correct. The RP on Jungma is very guild based and confined. However, if you are looking for open RP the two prime hang outs would be the Slippery Slopes cantina on Nar Shaddaa on any day of the week and the Balmorra cantina on weekends. Voss is also a prime hang out.

3. Swtor-RP has decreased in activity, but it is still used. As far as I know, it is the only RP site out there.

4. Yes. /cjoin RP would be the go to channel on both factions. It's quiet for the most part, but people will still see you if you post in there and can stir up conversation once an initial post is made.

Again, welcome back to JungMa. We are still small as ever but we have a very talented bunch of RPers on this server. Hope you stick around!
Luniara Solborne | Sith Marauder
Penumbral, Jung Ma Server
Website | Join Us
DeviantART | Character Wiki

jojonub
06.21.2014 , 05:05 PM | #3
Thank you so much for the information!

Zoom_VI
06.21.2014 , 08:57 PM | #4
yessss, my laziness paid off.
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by Wittyavenger View Post
You sure you didn't tab target satan by accident, leaped straight to hell?