Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will the Club Vertica pack have the same "experiment" as the Star Cluster pack?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will the Club Vertica pack have the same "experiment" as the Star Cluster pack?

Andryah
06.20.2014 , 01:55 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickious View Post
Eric in another thread.
Except he is being "marketing vague". And knowing Eric... that is probably because that is what he is being instructed to do.... so I don't blame him per se.. but he still has to take the heat since he is the voice of the devs in the forum here.

Any sensible player will hold off buying the pack until they see what is actually done with the pack. Proactive disclosure is non-existent right now in any form of clear communications players can rely on. And when faced with that reality.. the prudent player is cautious and does not take "marketing vague" as anything factual.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Millardkillmoore
06.20.2014 , 02:01 PM | #12
"More in line" sounds a little vague. Will the drop rates for lower, supplementary, and upper armor of the same set will be equal in Club Vertica? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Andryah
06.20.2014 , 02:21 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Millardkillmoore View Post
"More in line" sounds a little vague. Will the drop rates for lower, supplementary, and upper armor of the same set will be equal in Club Vertica? A simple yes or no will suffice.
/Agree.

It's a hedged statement. And I get that hedging is normal when presenting pre-patch information.

But hedging from the bottom of a self-dug ditch is rarely seen as an honest and sincere statement. When you dig yourself into a giant hole with players...... you need to be a bit more forthcoming then "more" and "in line". This issue with the current pack is the mother of all ditches in the context of building trust with players. It's small in the context of the total game and their continued work with it, but the trust issue is being ignored (or at least not acknowledged) by Bioware and that is bad for the game at a macro level IMO. Perpetual game detractors will have a field day with it, and honest and objective players begin to question the change in the trust-trend represented here.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Damask_Rose
06.20.2014 , 05:10 PM | #14
I would like to see the unlock price listed on each item so players can be better informed about purchasing or equipping items. That would alleviate at least some of the surprise factor.

Nickious
06.20.2014 , 05:16 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
I would like to see the unlock price listed on each item so players can be better informed about purchasing or equipping items. That would alleviate at least some of the surprise factor.
I would get behind this. I hate surprises.

LordArtemis
06.20.2014 , 06:48 PM | #16
The very fact this question is asked troubles me. This should never have been an issue that players would have to grapple with from my perspective. It could translate out into a "buyer beware", reduced demand for packs.

That is not a healthy habit for this game IMO. They need to be very clear now and in the future IMO as to what the drop rates will be (they can simply indicate rarity beforehand) and the collection unlock costs. There either needs to be a standard that is adhered to or they need to be more open about changes in prices.

I think it is pretty silly, and most certainly bad for business to think this is too much to ask of a company that relies on player trust to generate CM revenue.

IMO they can raise the prices and make items more rare if they wish. But if they expect for the impact on the appeal of the packs to be minimal, at the very least they need to notify players before the pack is released.

This should NOT have to be explained. This should have NEVER been an issue in the first place.

Frankly, I expected better from the current dev team. This is a prior dev team mistake. I for one hope that this does not become a trend.

Lunafox
06.20.2014 , 10:05 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
I agree with you and Nickious. They should have the unlock prices listed in the collections catalog, so you know what the unlocks cost even before you buy the item, so that after you've spent $20 bucks to buy a mount, you're not rudely surprised to find it'll cost another $10 to unlock the bloody thing.

Enough hiding prices and underhand dealing. These things have to be shown so people can be more informed about their purchases.

Vinak
06.20.2014 , 11:43 PM | #18
The double dipping by Bioware has been a problem from day one. Not sure why you guys are throwing a fit over it now.

You never should have been required to pay twice for an item.
>████TootsieRollŪ████<
MXX ______.________CCCLXVII