Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WTH Embargoing the Star Cluster pack in 2.8.1???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
WTH Embargoing the Star Cluster pack in 2.8.1???
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlienEyeTX
06.20.2014 , 10:05 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
So will there be the same issues with the Club Vertica pack that you have with this one Eric? Specifically the extreme rarity of some items as well as the outrageous unlock fees? Is that what your customers should expect going forward, since we're now talking at least 3 updates between "normal" pack releases? Or is this going to be the new norm? You've got a lot of upset buyers right now Eric...I think you'd be wise to address their concerns and frustrations.
He already stated that these were different and intended to coincide with the event. Why are you fighting for what's already there?
Forget about this referral link, . You can click someone else's. I'm out.

MazakMatsura
06.20.2014 , 10:21 AM | #72
HA I knew it! This Thread, Unanswered
(╯)╯︵ ︵ ︵
The Ebon Hawk
Love Ryan Davis 1979-2013

TUXs
06.20.2014 , 10:21 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
He already stated that these were different and intended to coincide with the event. Why are you fighting for what's already there?
Because he also stated yesterday that the team "heard the concerns" so I was wondering if those concerns were being addressed or simply heard.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

MazakMatsura
06.20.2014 , 10:23 AM | #74
Because he also stated yesterday that the team "heard the concerns" so I was wondering if those concerns were being addressed or simply heard.
^ Good Question.
(╯)╯︵ ︵ ︵
The Ebon Hawk
Love Ryan Davis 1979-2013

Benfynyn
06.20.2014 , 10:42 AM | #75
So will there be the same issues with the Club Vertica pack that you have with this one Eric? Specifically the extreme rarity of some items as well as the outrageous unlock fees? Is that what your customers should expect going forward, since we're now talking at least 3 updates between "normal" pack releases? Or is this going to be the new norm? You've got a lot of upset buyers right now Eric...I think you'd be wise to address their concerns and frustrations.
^This. Before they step in the same pile of bantha poodoo.
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

OddballEasyEight
06.20.2014 , 10:48 AM | #76
I still find it interesting that they embargo this pack with patch 2.8.1, but the other pack won't be embargoed until "somewhere around 2.9"...
Makes it feel like this first embargo was a bit rushed...
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Savej
06.20.2014 , 11:22 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
huh, guess thats what happens when I game without my glasses lol
A few nights ago only the hypercrate was listed in the "packs" tab but you could get the non-hypercrate fom the newly added tab.

Cleet_Xia
06.20.2014 , 11:56 AM | #78
Why do I keep expecting read a yellow post that says, "I call do-overs!"
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

ninjonxb
06.20.2014 , 12:05 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
Why do I keep expecting read a yellow post that says, "I call do-overs!"
Because you all are blowing this WAY out of proportion maybe?

Gwena
06.20.2014 , 12:10 PM | #80
Thanks for the clarification, Eric.

Y'know, If everyone had known from the start that they were for summer event and would be available for a limited time, had more rare armor pieces, and higher unlock costs, I think this pack would have gone over way better.

Sure, people still would have complained about how hard it is to complete sets and how the unlock costs were too high, but I'm sure there are plenty who would still buy the packs even knowing this. I have learned never to underestimate the marketing power of "limited" items -- they can have a powerful draw!

. . . but not if you're sneaky about it. You've got to play it up and advertise the limited-ness as a feature, not surprise people with it. >.<
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Please consider using my referral link if you are a new player or a returning subscriber! What you get and more info here.