Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WTH Embargoing the Star Cluster pack in 2.8.1???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
WTH Embargoing the Star Cluster pack in 2.8.1???
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlienEyeTX
06.20.2014 , 09:49 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
still you would think that a marketing team would have at least told everyone in advance that this was a limited time pack in advance so people would have bought a lot more and increased sales...
That would also explain why unlocks cost more. Because the items are "special." I don't see anything wrong with the packs themselves, but they certainly could have done a better job setting expectations.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Sangrar
06.20.2014 , 09:49 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
It still hasn't been embargoed yet though. 2 weeks left (assuming they follow their standard schedule)
yeah but all I see is the hypercrate, not the actual pack, or did I miss something
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

ninjonxb
06.20.2014 , 09:50 AM | #63
yeah but all I see is the hypercrate, not the actual pack, or did I miss something
Its in there somewhere (I saw it last night).
I am at work right now and I can't point out exactly where it is. But last I saw it was on the main page as a smaller box next to the hyper crate.
Free goodies (referral link)
Thank you Bioware for adding in Same Sex Story Arcs .^.
How I feel reading the SWTOR forums http://i.imgur.com/tCp90.gif
SWTOR Calendar of Events(Forum Post)(Google Calendar, iCal, Twitter)

Reno_Tarshil
06.20.2014 , 09:50 AM | #64
The pack is currently still there on the market.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

Sangrar
06.20.2014 , 09:51 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
The pack is currently still there on the market.
oh ok, I must have missed it I thought it must be somewhere
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

AlienEyeTX
06.20.2014 , 09:51 AM | #66
The packs are still available.
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Sangrar
06.20.2014 , 09:52 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
Its in there somewhere (I saw it last night).
I am at work right now and I can't point out exactly where it is. But last I saw it was on the main page as a smaller box next to the hyper crate.
huh, guess thats what happens when I game without my glasses lol

NightEngine
06.20.2014 , 09:53 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by GoldenHornet View Post
Well, this shipment has been one massive PR balls-up hasn't it.

You've screwed up the item drop rates, jacked up the unlock prices and failed to mention the shortened shelf-life.

Gratz, you have managed to further dent players confidence in the Cartel Market and these gamble boxes in particular.

Someone in marketing needs a slap for this one.
This so-called 'blunder' will affect nothing, sadly. Not enough players care about it and will continue to buy CC whenever there's a new pack, regardless of the ramifications.
"My craft is death."
Darth Rubric, Sith Marauder

Rasen
06.20.2014 , 09:56 AM | #69
None of this is that big a deal. I don't mind experiments. The datacrons in packs was an experiment that told them we don't want story content through packs. This whole pack has been an experiment as well. I will hold off on purchasing any packs in the future until I am more confident there is more bang for my buck. Any who are complaining just do the same and continue providing your feedback and we won't have this issue again.

Bioware just please communicate such facts in the future. It is always better, especially when dealing with real money, how long something will be available. You'll find people purchase even more if they think it is going to be a very limited time offer in advance.

TUXs
06.20.2014 , 09:56 AM | #70
What you will see is that Star Cluster will become embargoed on the launch of 2.8.1, which will also mark the launch of Club Vertica. Similarly, Club Vertica will only be available up to, or before, the launch of 2.9. I don't have an exact date on when Club Vertica will be embargoed but I will let you know when I do. However, it should be noted that it will embargo during the Nightlife Event.

-eric
So will there be the same issues with the Club Vertica pack that you have with this one Eric? Specifically the extreme rarity of some items as well as the outrageous unlock fees? Is that what your customers should expect going forward, since we're now talking at least 3 updates between "normal" pack releases? Or is this going to be the new norm? You've got a lot of upset buyers right now Eric...I think you'd be wise to address their concerns and frustrations.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)