Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oversight: NM DF bosses still have same HP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Oversight: NM DF bosses still have same HP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthSpekulatius
06.19.2014 , 02:58 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey folks,

I spoke with the team regarding this, and the health of the bosses in NiM Dread Fortress being left at Nightmare values after the removal of Nightmare Power was intentional. There was some feedback regarding the reversion to Hard Mode values and so the HP was left unchanged.

The removal of Nightmare Power does still lower the damage dealt by the bosses.

-tait
so because you want to keep the challenge you bore healers even more? seriously I'm playing tank all the time but I got to heal it twice and the only difference i noticed compared to hard mode was that I had to be more careful with Supercharge Charged Bolts spam (sometimes SC isn't registered and i end up having to blow my recharge because of it) ?!?

haven't healed it since the patch but I've tanked it, damage incoming is a joke, either all get to have fun or no one does.

Kryand
06.19.2014 , 03:35 PM | #32
TBH this nerf doesn't make any sense. You may as well not have nerfed it at all. Like others have said, healing was never a challenge in any of these fights once you got used to the damage and enemy attack timing. On the other hand, some of the fights with intense DPS checks are still just as intense.

Seriously, what the hell was the point? I assumed the point of the nerf was to make the gear more accessible to those who were not up for the challenge of Nightmare Power. In that case you failed miserably. Every single group in that subset was clearing Nefra and wiping on Draxus. But Draxus is actually not any easier, because the only challenge in the first place was meeting the wave 5 DPS check. That DPS check hasn't changed. So in other words, groups that weren't up for Nightmare Power still are never going to see any drop but the implant. This nerf did nothing for the vast majority of players.

I suppose the (very) few groups who could kill Draxus but not Grob'thok see a benefit, as Grob'thok is now a solo-tank joke fight. CZ was never a challenge, so forget him. Brontes is definitely a little easier, but any group that can kill her now probably still could have killed her pre-nerf with a little extra practice, because again, the healing was far from the most challenging part of the fight. Aside from that, literally the only other benefit to this nerf is for elitists who got Gate Crasher pre-nerf and like to talk crap about it, because their accomplishment was slightly harder. Kudos for pleasing them, I guess? Except most of them have now quit because of the embarrassing DP NiM deployment, but hey, baby steps.

So basically this nerf should never have happened. If the idea was to give added meaning to the Nightmare Power clear titles, let's face it, those titles look dumb (you misspelled conqueror) and are pointless anyway because achievements already come with dates. There are some legit exciting challenges that no longer exist in the game now, like tanking Grob'thok. I only had time to clear it on a DPS and healer, so now I can never take a tank alt through that fight to challenge my tanking ability.

But, now that it's too late to take it back without looking like incompetent amateurs (though to be honest, it's a little late to be worrying about that), you may as well go all the way. As it stands now, like I already said, this nerf helped almost no one. If you cut the health a bit to match the damage, you will at least see the benefit of casual groups being able to get 186 gear before the next wave of content, so that you can actually balance the next hard modes to 186 instead of 180.
Keshaerys, Ataraxia, Verachte, Kill, British, Bigstuff, Critbuff, Lightsaber, Sehar, Know, Other, Radii, Keshĉrys

elitenz
06.19.2014 , 04:56 PM | #33
The developers in this game have always been 1 step behind, They just can't get anything right if it's Operations, Designing of gear and weapons, getting the correct balance per class but they get the cartel market spot on then again half of the stuff clips and is lacking effort in design. They need to come out and accept they made a bad mistake and fix it because if they continue down the path they are going all players will goto games like Wildstar where the developers are actually pushing out decent content and have great communication with the player base.

Justbee
06.21.2014 , 08:01 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by elitenz View Post
And Tait you wonder why this game is losing serious players in huge numbers for quality games like Wildstar. Sorry to say a game I actually love is really sinking and it's the lack of developer skill and support staff that has put the coffin into the dirt .
Wildstar is no quality game, dude.

But the problem is, swtor isnt either. and yes its loosing many serious players, in my guild a bunch of ppl cancelled sub ( ) but the problem is a bad lack of playable pve content and the lack of developer info/skill/whatever.

waiting 10 month for real content is far too long
Gemüse schmeckt am besten, wenn man es kurz for dem verzehr durch ein Schnitzel ersetzt!

Randor
06.23.2014 , 05:05 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey folks,

I spoke with the team regarding this, and the health of the bosses in NiM Dread Fortress being left at Nightmare values after the removal of Nightmare Power was intentional. There was some feedback regarding the reversion to Hard Mode values and so the HP was left unchanged.

The removal of Nightmare Power does still lower the damage dealt by the bosses.

-tait
I'd like to see who this "feedback" came from, which I'm guessing is the 5-10 guild per server that actually cleared NM DF with nightmare power in place. Not exactly the demographic that should be providing feedback for said operation.

SWTOR Dev: "Hey guys, should be change the HP?"

A member of the <1% that cleared NM DF: "Heck no. We cleared it at this level, everyone else should too. Don't make it a joke."

SWTOR Dev: "OK peace out."

Meanwhile, the rest of the non-hardcore raiding guilds (read: more than 1%) are still stuck on DPS-checks.

Tait, this might be a topic that needs to be re-opened for discussion, especially with the new HP INCREASES of the guardians in the Draxus fight. Just a thought.
I AM RANDOR

ASBESTOS

DarthSpekulatius
06.24.2014 , 01:42 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Randor View Post
A member of the <1% that cleared NM DF: "Heck no. We cleared it at this level, everyone else should too. Don't make it a joke."

SWTOR Dev: "OK peace out."

Meanwhile, the rest of the non-hardcore raiding guilds (read: more than 1%) are still stuck on DPS-checks.

Tait, this might be a topic that needs to be re-opened for discussion, especially with the new HP INCREASES of the guardians in the Draxus fight. Just a thought.
either Way I bet neither Healers nor Tanks were overworked DPS checks are tight and we would have been forced to swap some of our DPS for Draxus if you needed 2 Tanks (luckily there's no reason to use two)

but Nefra, Grob, and Zero were perfectly fine the way they were, maybe reduce Grob'add damage by a handful % (faaar less then what they did) (or delay the strong attacks to casts you can run out of/or desyncronize them), increase the duration how long the Fire stays or the time the adds are focused on the tank that got thrown away, but it's nice having a challenge as a tank aside from maximizing you pitiful DPS despite of stuns, knockbacks, switches, and misses so if they want to "keep the Nightmare" they shouldn't change that particular fight at all.

I say they turned the wrong screws when they decided to make it easier on the two roles that are challenged far less anyway, it's less fun wiping because of lack of DPS when your challenge isn't any greater compared to HC then if you yourself had more to do then you would in HC.

Randor
06.24.2014 , 02:01 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpekulatius View Post
either Way I bet neither Healers nor Tanks were overworked DPS checks are tight and we would have been forced to swap some of our DPS for Draxus if you needed 2 Tanks (luckily there's no reason to use two)

but Nefra, Grob, and Zero were perfectly fine the way they were, maybe reduce Grob'add damage by a handful % (faaar less then what they did) (or delay the strong attacks to casts you can run out of/or desyncronize them), increase the duration how long the Fire stays or the time the adds are focused on the tank that got thrown away, but it's nice having a challenge as a tank aside from maximizing you pitiful DPS despite of stuns, knockbacks, switches, and misses so if they want to "keep the Nightmare" they shouldn't change that particular fight at all.

I say they turned the wrong screws when they decided to make it easier on the two roles that are challenged far less anyway, it's less fun wiping because of lack of DPS when your challenge isn't any greater compared to HC then if you yourself had more to do then you would in HC.
I agree on Nefra, but can't comment on Grob or Zero because we've never been able to progress past Draxus. The Nefra fight, even with nightmare power, is fine the way it is, as once you learn the mechanics/movements the 'checks' seem to be adequate to make the fight a major step above HM, yet still passable.

The more it's discussed, the more it's evident that each fight needs to be adjusted individually, instead of a blanket "less damage" nerf.
I AM RANDOR

ASBESTOS