Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tulak Hord chest piece : Front flaps issue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Tulak Hord chest piece : Front flaps issue

DarthVengeant
06.19.2014 , 08:42 AM | #1
It has been discovered that this glitch is tied to an in game setting. Putting Character level of Detail on low is what makes it glitch, not graphics card, male or female, or body type..

UPDATED # 2!!! Please read bottom of this post

Here are some of the issues I am having with the front two flaps on the Tulak Horde chest piece.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/11m9a1l.jpg

Obviously, something is wrong with the front flaps. I went through ALOT to get this armor set and then unlock it, it isn't cheap, and I end up with it clipping and doing other odd things to ruin it. The front flaps seem to have a mind of their own and don't want to go where the rest of the armor goes. It seems the front two flaps actually stick out from the armor set instead of being sung against the body.

Please, fix this set. Or better yet, remove the two front flaps. I don't know what it is with you guys at Bioware and your flaps below the belt being attached to chest pieces, but it needs to stop. Problems like this would be avoided. It should be attached to belt or pants in the first place.

Thanx.

(PS: Toon is wearing the Covert Waist Energy belt and Magnificent Dancer bottoms. I have a few toons dressed the same way now and they all experience this problem with Tulak Hord chest piece flaps)

---------UPDATE AREA ----------

It has been discovered that the chest piece does not glitch on male toons. Only on female toons.

Here is proof : Male toon.
http://oi57.tinypic.com/oe1py.jpg

Female toon :
http://oi60.tinypic.com/11m9a1l.jpg

BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND!!!

-----------UPDATE # 2 -----------------

I just logged in and put my Character Detail to High and the flap isn't glitching anymore on any toon.

So this glitch is tied to an in game setting, putting Character level of Detail on low, not graphics card.

OddballEasyEight
06.19.2014 , 08:49 AM | #2
I seem to recall there being a problem like that far in the past.
I don't remember the set or how they fixed it.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

ghoul_drool
06.19.2014 , 08:58 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
I seem to recall there being a problem like that far in the past.
I don't remember the set or how they fixed it.
There were horrible issues with the Calo Nord set, the pockets on the chestpiece were all over the place. They did fix that in the end. Hope they do the same here. Tulak Hord's the best armor set I've seen in quite a while.

OddballEasyEight
06.19.2014 , 10:45 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ghoul_drool View Post
There were horrible issues with the Calo Nord set, the pockets on the chestpiece were all over the place. They did fix that in the end. Hope they do the same here. Tulak Hord's the best armor set I've seen in quite a while.
Well, it's a popular set and it's a really visible bug so I'm sure they'll fix it relatively soon.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Levram
06.19.2014 , 12:37 PM | #5
Yes, a guild member of mine was sitting cross-legged on his Helix Hyperpod mount yesterday and the front flap on this armour set made a huge triangle shape in front of him. It is definitely bugged.
Acuzel (Assassin DPS/Tank) Ivs (Operative Healer) Praeco (Powertech Tank)
The Imperial Order
The Shadowlands

DarthVengeant
06.19.2014 , 01:48 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Levram View Post
Yes, a guild member of mine was sitting cross-legged on his Helix Hyperpod mount yesterday and the front flap on this armour set made a huge triangle shape in front of him. It is definitely bugged.
Yes. With the images I presented in my OP, it is impossible to deny it being bugged/glitched.

Just hope a dev replies so we can get a heads up on a fix. I created a in game ticket Bug about the issue with a link to this thread.

Clarian
06.19.2014 , 04:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
Or better yet, remove the two front flaps. I don't know what it is with you guys at Bioware and your flaps below the belt being attached to chest pieces, but it needs to stop.
I agree.

DarthVengeant
06.21.2014 , 10:04 AM | #8
No dev response...."crickets"

Lumenadducere
06.22.2014 , 01:50 AM | #9
Yup, the front flaps are definitely bugged. Legs completely clip through them while walking, and when drawing a lightsaber on a juggernaut the flaps stay where they are while the character leans forward...which means that the flaps retreat back into the character.

Also, the boots on female type 2 bodies are bugged terribly as well. The top ring part of the boots seem to stay the size they would be if they were on a male, so they're actually too large for the female legs. They form a strange floating hoop just below the knees, and that hoop clips through the back of the chestpiece.

I understand that bugs happen, but really - a high-profile item like this shouldn't have this many issues going into the game. And the fact that they're so rare makes it that much worse, as people are spending a decent chunk of credits getting these items (or cartel coins gambling to get them).

Acknowledgment that this has been recognized as an issue (both the chestpiece and the boots on type 2 females) would certainly be appreciated.

Smartcat
06.22.2014 , 01:55 AM | #10
They have to fix such a rare/expensive items. I spent millions to get this set. I'm not even sure how hey release a set this broken. I say this since release, the hole art team for this game should be fired, for making only a few good looking sets and for releasing so many things bugged. GG bioware as always.
Begeren Colony
Vesh : Patricia