Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The new 16-man bolstered GF Ops - impressions

KarathAnno
06.17.2014 , 11:49 AM | #31
If the idea is to make story mod ops more accessible to the player base I'd like to see the lockouts changed (for story mode only).

Ran DF through the group finder the other night, got through the first two bosses but the group fell apart on the third one due to some people not understanding the mechanics and so of course I cannot try again until the lockout expires.

Ideally I think the (story mode) lockout should prevent you from receiving any rewards from a given boss kill more then once a week, but not prevent you from participating multiple time.

ATAMIANM
06.17.2014 , 01:01 PM | #32
I wouldn't mind at all if they made a change where you could run the same SM op more than once a week, but you could only get the comms associated with bosses and weekly once.

kashelu
06.17.2014 , 03:38 PM | #33
I like the new bolstered GF Ops, I've healed through one and was wondering why it was so easy to heal a tank who's gear wasn't the greatest until I realized we were all bolstered. What I cannot understand is why you put it back to 8 -man instead of 16? It was such a solid idea to go with 16 and two tanks. The programming team then has the audacity to state the reason they cannot do it is because they can't program it correctly!!!!. I can't imagine saying something like that to my boss and still being confident that I'm going to have a job. i guess I don't understand it fully but just to let you know, that's what it sounded on my end.

Sincerely, Jeremy

Kulyok
06.18.2014 , 02:24 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by kashelu View Post
The programming team then has the audacity to state the reason they cannot do it is because they can't program it correctly!!!!. I can't imagine saying something like that to my boss and still being confident that I'm going to have a job.
Hahaha! Yeah. Usually the boss asks what we need to complete the task(new servers/software/more people), and then it happens, albeit weeks or months later.

But a part of me worries they've abandoned the 16m sm gf idea entirely.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

Flixx
06.18.2014 , 05:48 AM | #35
The 16m SM GF was the only thing I was looking forward to since last December. I tried it with success and had fun. Then Bioware decided to pull it after two days without one apology. I'm going to take a break from this game until either it's fixed or a lot more content is added. I'm a very casual player and being able to log in and Q up for things while I craft or do dailies is what I enjoy but there hasn't been any new daily areas since last September/October with Oricon. This last update really pissed me off and it seems like Bioware doesn't care. It's all just cosmetic items and cosmetic achievements. Adaptive armor sets/mounts/weapons. Uh oh my achievement for the new adaptive armor set isn't showing. Better bring the sever down so the players that are throwing money at us can see their Cartel Market achievements. I get it it's a business but not one I'm going to be funding any longer. Bye..Bye