Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

NiM Bestia

Starlite_Chobo
06.15.2014 , 03:49 PM | #1
Sorry for the dumb question, but can somebody please tell me specifically what mechanics are different between Bestia on HM and NiM? I'm not clear on what the NiM mechanics are, and there don't appear to be a lot of guides on the subject. Thanks in advance.

umbak
06.15.2014 , 05:21 PM | #2
Very little, mostly more health/damage on the adds and slightly front loaded spawns in phase 1 (more spawn on the first wave). Monsters have a random knock back and stacks in phase 2 build faster. Thats all I can recall from memory, it's more a numbers check than any major mechanical change. Oh and the boss moves faster.
Dostus/Maloney/Maoulkrieger - Drop it like it's Hoth EU Red Eclipse
http://dilih.eu/

Levram
06.16.2014 , 12:18 AM | #3
Yes, it's all numbers, essentially: more adds, more HPs to grind through, more damage output from everything, etc.

I believe the DoT pools also spawn more frequently, but don't last as long as in HM. I think you can have five pools out at the same time to work around in nightmare.

The opening wave of adds in 8-man nightmare is 3 monsters, 3 larva, and 1 tentacle, with a fourth monster spawning about twenty seconds into the fight. It's a serious DPS check.
Acuzel (Assassin DPS/Tank) Ivs (Operative Healer) Praeco (Powertech Tank)
The Imperial Order
The Shadowlands

pieceofjunk
06.17.2014 , 04:21 PM | #4
Yeah I would love to see a guide as well. I want to see how groups are handling the increased number of monsters etc.

umbak
06.17.2014 , 07:25 PM | #5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbQR6bvwuRE

That's our kill video. Admittedly the view is restricted since only a melee and the single add tank recorded but you can see that one tank takes the two right hand side monsters and tanks them in the middle and the second tank takes the one spawning on the left.

Always kill the single monster on the second tank and try drag it to any active tentacles. The tank with several monsters should maximize mitigation and use cooldowns liberally. Be careful of lOSing the healers with the throne and be ready to move slightly depending on tentacle spawns.

Every new spawn the tank in the middle picks it up and when a monster dies the second tank taunts a monster from the pile in the middle (rather than picking one up fresh since aggro will then be harder to keep).

As long as you have the DPS to kill a monster every 45-60s you'll never be overwhelmed.

Never stand infront of a monster and be ready to move back into position after a knock back.

Might not be the best way to handle it but it's worked for us rather well. The takeaways are one tank takes all the monster but one (2 spawn on the right side to start).
Dostus/Maloney/Maoulkrieger - Drop it like it's Hoth EU Red Eclipse
http://dilih.eu/

Ruskaeth
06.18.2014 , 04:22 AM | #6
One thing to take into account is the time when monsters are glowing red, ie. buffed vs damage when they are close to each other. If the DPS check feels extremely tight; try to taunt new monster off the tank holding'em just slightly before the one being killed is dead to avoid DPS being reduced due them being still buffed.

I liked healing MeatShield (tm powertech) tanking 2-3 big monsters. No significant surprises damage wise and it made it quite comfortable. Either way worked thought.
Hey subscriber or player about to subscribe! Yes, you! Would you like a free server transfer and seven days added to your subscription for free?

Click this monkey 🙊 and accept with a yes on the next screen. Remember! You can only do it once.

🙈 DiLiH Janitor: Dr'Slime, Cheveyo, P'ur, Cautela, Vaecordia, Dactylion 🙉

Torvai
10.30.2014 , 01:51 AM | #7
Hey folks.
Sorry for necroing this thread but I didn't want to make a new one.

So yesterday we had quite some problems killing Bestia(have killed her before) because timing of the debuff she starts to stack onto the tank after dread strike was completely out of line. Could anyone maybe explain to me, how or when this happens? And if it's some sort of intended mechanic or a bug?
And the second question: is it possible to avoid getting these stacks with saber reflect? Like assassins can with shroud?
Corellianische Sonnenfinsternis
Empire: Siha, Ayastra, Nel'naree, Jerai, Cherriss, Nyshâ
Republic: Nin'nalmi, Nelna'ree, Janara, Dokai, Ezriien

Gwence
10.30.2014 , 02:26 AM | #8
Only shroud as far as I know but I have experienced the same thing, it's annoying as an assassin but trial and error will usually get your shroud timing back on track and really it's a luxury and not at all necessary to shroud the stacks

ZentheSecond
10.30.2014 , 06:34 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
Hey folks.
Sorry for necroing this thread but I didn't want to make a new one.

So yesterday we had quite some problems killing Bestia(have killed her before) because timing of the debuff she starts to stack onto the tank after dread strike was completely out of line. Could anyone maybe explain to me, how or when this happens? And if it's some sort of intended mechanic or a bug?
And the second question: is it possible to avoid getting these stacks with saber reflect? Like assassins can with shroud?
From my experience in her, both HM and NiM, I have seen the stacks break from one main method;
When she first activates, if a tank does not immediately grab her. And she gets into melee range (might need to actually hit) another person before being taunted away, the stacks are out of sync. Every time I have seen the stacks out of sync with strike, this has happened in both HM and NiM.
Edit note; I honestly think this is a bug. But for all I know it might be coded in for stacks to form on someone X amount of seconds after she activates whether or not Strike occurs.

As for avoiding the stacks;
Only a Sin has the 100% chance to. I think a Jugg might be able to via use of Blade Turning when they pop Saber Ward. Outside of that and Shroud, if the tank is lucky with RNG they can avoid it as well. Dread Strike's last tick applies them, so anything that would avoid that tick of damage avoids the stacks, including natural resist/parry chance.

Tbh it is not needed to kill her at all. It's just a nice thing to have, more a luxury then anything else.
-- Hanakoo - Powertech - DPS/Tank --
-- Natsumii - Assassin - Tank --
-- Kaijėn - Sniper - DPS --

AAAAzrael
10.30.2014 , 06:35 AM | #10
Stacks will never kill you before taunt goes of cooldown. If you get really unlucky you may have to have a DPS taunt the boss later in the fight. In all the kills of that boss across multiple characters/roles/groups I remember 2 such cases. It's better to heal something like guardian DPS then tank on 8-10 stacks.
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Gate Crasher Joshased / Xartanol The Revanchist
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse