Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How is the PvP?

Azurestone
06.16.2014 , 12:18 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JasonNH View Post
It won't change if no one steps up. Do it, do eeeet now!
I went to steal a pylon and a scoundrel followed me. I asked the scoundrel to cc the defender, and he answered me by standing there for 20 seconds. So I stunned the pylon guard and white barred it after it wasted its cc breaker. 3 seconds into my cap, that scoundrel threw a *********** grenade and broke the stun. He later explained why he couldn't cc that guy for me:" I can only cc droid."

Never aged my scoundrel ever since.
Quote: Originally Posted by Prisoner View Post
But an extra special shout out to the Republic player who, after QQing about imaginary imperial cheating, hacking and conspiracy theories, rage quit the same Voidstar game three times. I especially love how you zoned in for the fourth time at the end just in time to get credit for a hard-fought win that you had absolutely no part in making happen. I haven't been that amused by a player's sillyness in a long, long time.

GrandLordMenace
06.16.2014 , 12:20 PM | #12
Pubs aren't all bad... sometimes.
Rydarus of Aisthesis, Ebon Hawk's First Conqueror of Voss
GuardDPS PVE guide: http://dulfy.net/2014/01/30/swtor-vi...s-class-guide/
JuggDPS PVE guide: http://dulfy.net/2014/01/20/swtor-ve...s-class-guide/

Moontayle
06.16.2014 , 01:35 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Azurestone View Post
I went to steal a pylon and a scoundrel followed me. I asked the scoundrel to cc the defender, and he answered me by standing there for 20 seconds. So I stunned the pylon guard and white barred it after it wasted its cc breaker. 3 seconds into my cap, that scoundrel threw a *********** grenade and broke the stun. He later explained why he couldn't cc that guy for me:" I can only cc droid."

That's an issue I've run into a lot, just people not knowing the full capabilities of their class. I had a similar situation to yours the other day. Another assassin followed me to the opposing pylon and went right up to defender. I unstealthed to start capping but instead of mezzing they just went all in on their opener. I've given up hoping that everyone on my team knows what they're doing. I just do my part as best I can and hope for the best. Some days it's really all you can do.
Triggle - Sith Assassin - Ebon Hawk
My books - Spiral X | White Rock

Fruitous
06.16.2014 , 07:49 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Azurestone View Post

I find that more bearable than a pve guild queuing with 5-6 people just to farm comms for relics to use in pve... ever been in a warzone with 6 people that had sub 1200 exp and 14 valor? The best part was as a pve you would think they understood the value of the CC? Nah they still broke it.

Bastrus
06.17.2014 , 04:05 PM | #15
I love it when PvE geared players queue up on the other team. I am more than happy to farm them and see how many shots it takes to kill them. lol They want to complain about people going into PvE with PvP gear? Fine, let's see how this works with the roles reversed. lol I will make their lives a living hell from valor 1-40 til they get their relics and make it the most slow painful grind they have ever done. Then maybe they'll quit half way, get some skill and go farm their PvE relic which is way better than the PvP one. :P Especially considering it lasts 30 seconds instead of 6.

Am I being mean? Probably, but most of the time the people that queue up in PvE gear in a 4 man premade are complaining at the rest of the team for not doing their job when they are the ones causing the problem for the rest of the team. I've had people come over cross faction to rant about how bad these PvEers are and how they don't want to queue until they leave or get some gear. To be honest? I don't blame them. lol

/end rant *munches cookie* lol
I replaced my D movement key with G, so instead of WASD, I have SWAG.
The Ebon Hawk
Bastrus, Vanguard Tank, Inconceivable
Bast'rus, Powertech Tank

xMaranathax
06.17.2014 , 04:38 PM | #16
To the OP,

I understand where you are coming from. I was a diehard Republic player. Then one day, I just had enough. I offered help to those who sought it. I I would give encouraging words of advice in WZs. The Republic's response? Either 1) I'm just here for the comms, 2) I know how to play, or 3) I do what I want. Don't tell me what to do.

There's only so much you can take. Some things that may help would be to roll one and smoke it and not give a rat's rear, you can super Q with 7 other guildies like a few of the other Republic guilds, or, like the most of us, come impside and have better pvp.

Which ever your decision, I wish you luck and patience. If you do choose to come to TEH for Repside PvP, all I have to say is "See ya Impside in 3-6 months."

Take care!
Cārma - Guardian | Stahli - Vanguard | Gorrer - Shadow | Josephien - Scoundrel
On'mar - Marauder | Mysterion - Powertech

Jamesupinspace
06.17.2014 , 07:13 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by xMaranathax View Post
To the OP,

I understand where you are coming from. I was a diehard Republic player. Then one day, I just had enough. I offered help to those who sought it. I I would give encouraging words of advice in WZs. The Republic's response? Either 1) I'm just here for the comms, 2) I know how to play, or 3) I do what I want. Don't tell me what to do.

There's only so much you can take. Some things that may help would be to roll one and smoke it and not give a rat's rear, you can super Q with 7 other guildies like a few of the other Republic guilds, or, like the most of us, come impside and have better pvp.

Which ever your decision, I wish you luck and patience. If you do choose to come to TEH for Repside PvP, all I have to say is "See ya Impside in 3-6 months."

Take care!

It isnt the bad lol. I havent done regs in awhile. But it can be rough just que with 3 good pubs ans your good.

Sting

Lawlzeys
06.17.2014 , 09:26 PM | #18
Once again this is an RP server, if you want to pvp all day everyday then go to a pvp server. If you are a good pvper and you just want to farm baddies then get a magnifying glass go outside and burn ants, it is the same thing. Of course it also uncovers a dramatic flaw to your socially awkward personal character in both cases.

If you like PVP and enjoy competition I would go to a PVP server. Most player who only PVP here do so because they can't take losing.

JasonNH
06.18.2014 , 07:57 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by xMaranathax View Post
or, like the most of us, come impside and have better pvp.
I tend to disagree. You aren't getting better PvP. You are playing with the same players after all, they just happen to be on the other side. You are getting easier PvP and more wins, and perhaps that is what better means to you, but if balanced, competitive PvP is what you're after, it can be argued that this kind of behavior is just part of the problem rather than the solution. It's understandable, I don't like losing my way through my daily either. Still, I find it unfortunate to wholly give up playing on a faction entirely. The typical responses you listed after giving advice are not unique to republic players, you'll get that on either side. You probably just find yourself seeing it more often on the republic side because there are fewer premades, and hence, more losses and frustration.
Tashili, Medeira, Arreldon, Kaatta, Windemere
Raschtok, Chantea, Sterbefall, Toede

TheCourier-
06.18.2014 , 08:26 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Lawlzeys View Post
Once again this is an RP server, if you want to pvp all day everyday then go to a pvp server. If you are a good pvper and you just want to farm baddies then get a magnifying glass go outside and burn ants, it is the same thing. Of course it also uncovers a dramatic flaw to your socially awkward personal character in both cases.

If you like PVP and enjoy competition I would go to a PVP server. Most player who only PVP here do so because they can't take losing.
Pot5 is lightly populated.
Multiple characters on Pot5