Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] Level 50 Mods - RE'ing Confusion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] Level 50 Mods - RE'ing Confusion

ManyFaces
06.16.2014 , 06:27 AM | #1
As the title says, I am confused.
I've found agile mods 25, 25A and 25B on the GTN. I was able to RE 1 mod (regretfully I don't remember which it was. I didn't get a schematic from it but thought - 'ok, I'll buy more of these, evnetually one will hit'. I bought a couple of each (to make sure I had the right 'notes' for myself going forward) but now I can't RE any (well I can RE them but it says no research possible).
I've read the forum posts here but I guess I am misunderstanding ...something.

Anyone who can help?

Appreciated in advance.

psandak
06.16.2014 , 07:49 AM | #2
There is a rumor that some of the tooltips for items regarding the ability to RE them for schematics is bugged.

That being said, if you buy item modifications for RE purposed, they need to be bound to you in order for the RE to give you a chance to RE them (i.e. you need to drop them into a piece of gear and then rip them back out.

That being said, some item modifications are simply not REable for schematics. Lower level unlettered item modifications are notorious for this.

linwei
06.16.2014 , 08:06 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
There is a rumor that some of the tooltips for items regarding the ability to RE them for schematics is bugged.

That being said, if you buy item modifications for RE purposed, they need to be bound to you in order for the RE to give you a chance to RE them (i.e. you need to drop them into a piece of gear and then rip them back out.

That being said, some item modifications are simply not REable for schematics. Lower level unlettered item modifications are notorious for this.
...that being said, most if not all of the lvl-25 mods can be bought for planetary commendations at the last Planetary Com Vendor on fleet

psandak
06.16.2014 , 03:17 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by linwei View Post
...that being said, most if not all of the lvl-25 lettered mods can be bought for planetary commendations at the last Planetary Com Vendor on fleet
Fixed.