Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How is the PvP?

Rhyn
06.15.2014 , 01:12 PM | #1
Was thinking of transferring over here and was wondering how the server population is, how is the faction balance, and how the pvp Q times are.
Rưn

<Regulators>

washismycopilot
06.15.2014 , 04:16 PM | #2
The population here is pretty good. Unranked queue time are usually 5-10 mins during prime time and about 10-25 in the really off hours. Solo Ranked queues don't happen every day, usually 3 or so times a week and Team is only done by a few guilds. Space PvP queues are about 10-15 mins at prime time.

As to faction balance in 55's, Imps dominate ground PvP and most of the better PvP'ers main imp side. Pub side still gets a few wins when the few pub guilds run some premades or Imps switch to alts. As to 10-29 and 30-54, it tends to rotate a lot and one faction usually doesn't dominate both brackets. Space is a bit more balanced, but most of the better pilots are pub side.
Dahn Legacy

Lemmis
06.15.2014 , 06:30 PM | #3
Pete

Fruitous
06.15.2014 , 11:07 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lemmis View Post
Truth!

Also avoid Pub side, hehe unless you like premade groups of people in 1200 exp

Lemmis
06.16.2014 , 01:51 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Fruitous View Post
Truth!

Also avoid Pub side, hehe unless you like premade groups of people in 1200 exp
Yeah, Republic is generally awful. Because everyone turns tail and re-rolls imp. It makes playing my alt an interesting adventure.
Pete

Fruitous
06.16.2014 , 05:40 AM | #6
Yeah, Republic is generally awful. Because everyone turns tail and re-rolls imp. It makes playing my alt an interesting adventure.
I would not say they turn tail more so run in fear. I mean last night some pve guild was doing 55 warzones with 5-6 people with sub 1200 exp because they were farming comms for the pvp relics to use in pve...

It was scary to say the least.

Lemmis
06.16.2014 , 06:03 AM | #7
Yeah, I got in with them and against them yesterday. It was somewhat brutal.
Pete

Rhyn
06.16.2014 , 07:17 AM | #8
Seems to be they way of the world now. Do whatever it takes for easy mode. If i come over, which i think i am, it will be Republic.
Rưn

<Regulators>

andbreak
06.16.2014 , 11:23 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyn View Post
Seems to be they way of the world now. Do whatever it takes for easy mode. If i come over, which i think i am, it will be Republic.
If you're looking for a server where PvP isn't so heavily favored in the Imps direction, I'd suggest The Harbinger.

It's where I've transferred, and the W/L ratio is around 60/40 Pub/Imp and Solo Q pops every night from around 7-10 EST.

EH is painful if you're a die hard republic player; don't do it to yourself.
Break
Sentinel

JasonNH
06.16.2014 , 11:48 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by andbreak View Post
EH is painful if you're a die hard republic player; don't do it to yourself.
It won't change if no one steps up. Do it, do eeeet now!
Going into carbonite until the multiplayer returns to the MMO