Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Places to Invest

NYYankee
06.13.2014 , 09:27 AM | #1
I'm just finished leveling my first toon and have saved some money and CC. I'm curious as to what everyone recommends as the best places to invest in order to improve QOL in game. I want to play through all the classes. What items/unlocks will I appreciate the most?

I'm thinking that legacy unlocks are the place to start. I bought rocket boost and am loving it. I recently got Treek but haven't really used her yet. I'm thinking of getting the Satele and Malgus holostatues, are they worth it? What about legacy color crystals?

Hoshkar
06.13.2014 , 09:40 AM | #2
+41 power crystal is really nice if you are going to level a few alts, I started with a cheaper one, now I own most of them, just cause I like the different colors available. They also work well for your companion, love the power crystals!

The statues, are semi useful, seems like a lot of planets have trainers on them...or you will end up on Fleet a lot. If you really need to train just as you ding out in the field, then you might like having them.

A really cool looking mount, might be worth the account unlock as well.

Anything you buy is really going to be up to you, what you want, like, or find more useful to your needs.

I run flashpoints a lot on my alts, so I got all those unlocks. I QT a lot, and use priority transports, so I got those, and the cooldown ones as well. I am always on my ships, so I got the GTN, and guild bank unlock as well. I also craft a lot, so I got the repair droid (who sells crafter parts for your droid). Just be sure to check the GTNs price on some of these unlocks, there is a very good chance it is for sale for a LOT cheaper then the cost the game wants for it....

I found the default regen for most classes kinda boring, so I started buying those up as well. Nothing like being eaten by a sarlacc to both confuse and frighten others around you

Might be a little overwhelming, but if you go into Collections, and just start looking at each section, you might find something that really stands out. You can also preview whole sets, weapons, mounts, pets, color crystals, there are a lot of items out there to collect, I am only sitting at 80% complete (maybe a little less now, new pack, over priced atm).

You might want to spend the CC to get Treek unlocked right off the bat, if I had to say pick this! She is pretty awesome, even more so for the classes who will not get their healer, or tank till a lot later. I mean, she is a tank who can heal/cure, who wouldn't want that, also comes with a full set of Aim stuff for herself, and a second set.... If you make a BH or tropper, that is just extra awesome bonuses
New to the game? (Get a free starter pack!!!) Just coming back to the game after 90+ days? (Get a 7 day subscription, a bundle pack and 1 character transfer!!!) Feel free to use me as a Referral! (CLICK HERE)

MSchuyler
06.13.2014 , 11:20 AM | #3
If you've already leveled I would be surprised if you didn't already have these, but the account wide unlocks for inventory and storage locker are the best buys ever on the CM. I agree with the +41 crystal into your collection as well. Lots of bang for the buck on those.

NYYankee
06.13.2014 , 11:36 AM | #4
Thanks! I think I'll follow the advice from both of you and invest in some color crystals.

Quote:
The statues, are semi useful, seems like a lot of planets have trainers on them...or you will end up on Fleet a lot. If you really need to train just as you ding out in the field, then you might like having them.
One of my concerns with the statues is that my impression is that the supply is finite. I'm wondering if it makes sense to buy them now before the prices go even higher or they're gone altogether. Most of the other unlocks, even if more valuable seem like they'll be available longer. Any thoughts?

Quote:
I found the default regen for most classes kinda boring, so I started buying those up as well. Nothing like being eaten by a sarlacc to both confuse and frighten others around you
That's awesome. I had never seen that animation until I just googled it a min ago. I'll have to look into those.

Quote:
If you've already leveled I would be surprised if you didn't already have these, but the account wide unlocks for inventory and storage locker are the best buys ever on the CM.
I don't have these, but I have a question. Do the account wide unlock replace the first tier expansion? For example, say the first inventory expansion normally costs 10k and the second expansion cost 25k (I don't remember the exact prices). If I buy the account wide unlock, will the first expansion on a new alt cost 10k or 25k? I've been assuming it's the later, in which case does it make more sense to get a lot of alts mostly leveled before buying?

Hoshkar
06.13.2014 , 12:13 PM | #5
Quote:
One of my concerns with the statues is that my impression is that the supply is finite. I'm wondering if it makes sense to buy them now before the prices go even higher or they're gone altogether. Most of the other unlocks, even if more valuable seem like they'll be available longer. Any thoughts?
That gets inflated quick in price can drop fast if they decide to toss the packs back on CM for cheap again. You will never know when this might happen, which is why the resale game can be a HUGE gamble. If you see a holostatue around 500-700k, that is a good deal, I would grab one. They seem like they sit around the 1-1.5 mill area (at least for the past 4 months or so, I have watched them). This price can go up or down, depends on supply / demand / your server.

Quote:
That's awesome. I had never seen that animation until I just googled it a min ago. I'll have to look into those.
There are more - http://tor-fashion.com/toys/ (each links to a video on the animation as well)
This is also an awesome website, if you want to see all the collection items in the game, online.

Quote:
I don't have these, but I have a question. Do the account wide unlock replace the first tier expansion? For example, say the first inventory expansion normally costs 10k and the second expansion cost 25k (I don't remember the exact prices). If I buy the account wide unlock, will the first expansion on a new alt cost 10k or 25k? I've been assuming it's the later, in which case does it make more sense to get a lot of alts mostly leveled before buying?
Each time you unlock 1 line, the next line's price will go up, so yea, account unlock will make your alt have a more of a cost. Not sure what the price is on those account unlock inventory things are now, but I was lucky enough to snag 10 of them for 50-60k each months ago. Considering the last line of inventory is like 200k (if I recall)....I thought this was a pretty damn good deal. I had no idea about the inventory unlocks before I had already bought most of the in game ones on my first character. Glad I found out about them before I started unlocking them all on my 15 alts
New to the game? (Get a free starter pack!!!) Just coming back to the game after 90+ days? (Get a 7 day subscription, a bundle pack and 1 character transfer!!!) Feel free to use me as a Referral! (CLICK HERE)

MSchuyler
06.13.2014 , 12:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NYYankee View Post
Buy them with CCs on the CM. Given that CCs mostly buy you fluff, they are a good buy for something actually worthwhile. One of the mistakes I made early on was to buy an inventory unlock for a single character. When I finally figured out it was a whole lot better to buy account wide I effectively "lost" my single as the account wide simply overrode it. So with my monthly grant I started buying up all the slots I could on both inventory and the storage lockers.

If you ever get into crafting those storage lockers will be very worthwhile. I believe the max is 8 lines of 10 for inventory and three pages worth (8x10x3) for the storage.

dr_mike
06.14.2014 , 09:10 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MSchuyler View Post
If you ever get into crafting those storage lockers will be very worthwhile. I believe the max is 8 lines of 10 for inventory and three pages worth (8x10x3) for the storage.
I believe it's actually 8 tabs for storage/bank. I only have 5 on mine so not 100% sure about the max but it's at least 5.
Want to know what I get for helping in the support forums? My own support tickets get auto deleted. Thanks BioWare!

Adric_the_Red
06.14.2014 , 01:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by dr_mike View Post
I believe it's actually 8 tabs for storage/bank. I only have 5 on mine so not 100% sure about the max but it's at least 5.
Max character inventory rows is 8. Max Cargo Hold tabs (aka cargo bays) is 5. Max guild bank tabs is also 5.
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.

Luneward
06.14.2014 , 02:54 PM | #9
My personal recommendation is rocket boost. I always appreciate having it, no matter the level. Credit price for it is insane. CC cost is relatively low (A few hundred cc for full unlock as opposed to about 8 million credits for all three levels). I've always appreciated having one extra account wide cargo bay as well as several account wide inventory unlocks. The nice part is these unlocks follow you even if you make a character to another server.

Fleet pass cooldown is more useful for max level characters doing dailies. Quick travel cooldown is often useful. I've pretty much never regretted having my repair droid on ship so that I can always sell my junk off after I'm through with a planet mission or dailies.
Steelwind / Kaillen * The Ebon Hawk

Kulyok
06.16.2014 , 12:22 AM | #10
If you haven't done it already, DON'T spend Cartel Coins on Inventory/Cargo hold unlocks!

These are very cheap on GTN - I think I bought each inventory tab(for the entire account!) for ~150K, and each cargo hold for ~300K. You just need to watch that you're buying an unlock for an entire account, and stop buying once the unlocks are greyed out(that means you can't use any more unlocks).

You can buy more character slot unlocks on GTN, too - they're cheap because of the recent sale. Just be careful and don't go over the max value - 22 characters for a subscriber.

(I also bought 50 extra slots for GTN for the entire account, but it may only be useful to you if you're trading on GTN a lot and regularly.)

Satele Shan/Darth Malgus statues are very useful, because you can use them anytime, anywhere. Planets are very big, planetary quests are very long, and the class trainers are only in the starting zone of each planet, so it's a long way there and back. Especially if you don't have Quick Travel legacy unlocks.

Speaking of which: ALL quick travel/fleet pass unlocks are worth it. They're worth Cartel Coins, they're worth game credits. Seriously, having a no-cooldown fleet pass + 10-min quick travel unlock is the best thing that happened to me in this game.

I would recommend buying a GTN terminal/mailbox/shop droid for your ship, too - these are incredibly useful, and these unlocks would work for all your alts, too.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh