Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Can't Use Forums?


Emplehod's Avatar


Emplehod
06.12.2014 , 09:40 AM | #1
I am wondering why a person cannot participate in these forums without subscribing to the game. Even though I have spent a lot of money on the game and am a "Preferred" player, I have to additionally subscribe just to post.

I feel this should be changed. Few people as it is use forums. At least those who have spent money should be able to.

Hoshkar's Avatar


Hoshkar
06.12.2014 , 10:02 AM | #2
I would have to agree up to a point, there should be access to the forums, but only this section, bugs, and customer service. I know myself, another MMO, I downloaded it, was a F2P game, I had issues with the game, and no way to get help from the company...so I uninstalled it, and never bothered with it again. New players also starting the game have questions, and only a hope that they will not get trolled in their general chat when asking questions...

I can understand why they decided to restrict it to subscribers at the same time. Cuts down on F2P trolls all over the forums, and possible credit spamming. More access would mean they would need more moderators, and spend more money on said personal.....good luck with that one eh?

Maybe if they added a Forum Access token to the CM market!!!
New to the game? (Get a free starter pack!!!) Just coming back to the game after 90+ days? (Get a 7 day subscription, a bundle pack and 1 character transfer!!!) Feel free to use me as a Referral! (CLICK HERE)

Emplehod's Avatar


Emplehod
06.12.2014 , 10:46 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoshkar View Post
I would have to agree up to a point, there should be access to the forums, but only this section, bugs, and customer service. I know myself, another MMO, I downloaded it, was a F2P game, I had issues with the game, and no way to get help from the company...so I uninstalled it, and never bothered with it again. New players also starting the game have questions, and only a hope that they will not get trolled in their general chat when asking questions...

I can understand why they decided to restrict it to subscribers at the same time. Cuts down on F2P trolls all over the forums, and possible credit spamming. More access would mean they would need more moderators, and spend more money on said personal.....good luck with that one eh?

Maybe if they added a Forum Access token to the CM market!!!
But people who have spent money, like I'd spent enough on the store to pay a year's sub, I'd think we would have access at least.

I recall a game I tried on a trial that didn't allow you to even chat in the game, nor be in a group. How are you going to learn about a game like this? Haha, I didn't and never went back.

MSchuyler's Avatar


MSchuyler
06.12.2014 , 12:01 PM | #4
That's a policy issue, for which you have a complaint. "New Player Help" is not going to be of much help for something like that and will not be noticed here. You might try General.

Adric_the_Red's Avatar


Adric_the_Red
06.12.2014 , 12:04 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MSchuyler View Post
That's a policy issue, for which you have a complaint. "New Player Help" is not going to be of much help for something like that and will not be noticed here. You might try General.
Or maybe try the Suggestion Box (subforum of General Discussion).
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.

Emplehod's Avatar


Emplehod
06.12.2014 , 12:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MSchuyler View Post
That's a policy issue, for which you have a complaint. "New Player Help" is not going to be of much help for something like that and will not be noticed here. You might try General.
To be fair, it says "New Player Help", not "In-game Help".

Thanks anyway.

dr_mike's Avatar


dr_mike
06.12.2014 , 07:48 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Emplehod View Post
To be fair, it says "New Player Help", not "In-game Help".
Most of these folks don't pay any attention to the categories anyway.
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth

MSchuyler's Avatar


MSchuyler
06.13.2014 , 12:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Emplehod View Post
To be fair, it says "New Player Help", not "In-game Help".

Thanks anyway.
Don't be pedantic. You just GOT "New Player Help" by people telling you a better place to go with your complaint.

ScarletBlaze's Avatar


ScarletBlaze
06.13.2014 , 12:57 PM | #9
I would agree for them to be able to use specific forums only such as
New Player Section, Reporting Bugs, and Customer service.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

Acidon's Avatar


Acidon
06.16.2014 , 10:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
I would agree for them to be able to use specific forums only such as
New Player Section, Reporting Bugs, and Customer service.
I certainly agree with this. Especially being muted in-game for the first 10 levels. New players have no way of asking questions right now.